*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

I love reading the posts from familiar cruisers, so some of you will know why I would even be here. :) I also have to say that I finally JUST NOW figured out what your signature action figures are all about! D'oh!!! I am almost embarrassed to say that what I thought I had been seeing was an invisible turkey suddenly coming into view and being roasted!!! I did not recognize the turkey was the Carnival "tail" - OMG!!!!! :o:o:o I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Hi Vicki, I think you should come with us on this one too!

Lots of time to plan, and you already know we will take care of you,

and leave you alone at the same time....

Come on, you know you want to come with us,

and I know you take chances all the time, I follow you on FB,

and you go places with out even knowing where you are going,

you pack your skivvies and a tooth brush and off you go.

So come with us!

Hey SMDers! Just here for one of my sporadic check-ins. Getting ready to cruise with the Looneys next month so figured I better start checking the boards more often. That and I got an e-mail from Rich... (Should have a decision on the hotel before the end of the week.)

Rich, sorry you had such a miserable experience in Key West. I'm planning a side trip there for a few days after the Looney cruise. Guess I better plan on cool weather and cold attitudes.

I guess I better start checking out the port activities and get signed up.

Hope everyone had a great day!

-Sherri

When we call the hotel how do we request the group rate? Is it under Rich's name or is it under the SMD label? This is the first time we've stayed with a group at a hotel. We lead such sheltered (or boring) lives. :p Will it make things difficult if I wait until Jan to book? Really need to let the old cc cool off. ;)

Good afternoon SMDers. Busy board this afternoon.

Janet had emailed me asking if everyone would be required to make a deposit on the hotel room and if someone should have to cancel, would there be a fee.

Here is the answer I got from Rhonda at the hotel.

They will be asked for a credit card to guarantee the room only, no charges will be applied to the credit card until arrival. Individuals have 72 hours to cancel the individual reservations.

Later this week, I will contract with the hotel and will post all the info (ie phone number, cost, when to call and what to ask for) on both this board and on the business page for everyone. Hope this helps.

Hey, gang!

Rich, I will do the cabin crawl if we decide to have one. I am in charge of that on the Looney Cruise. I will be the first one to open up my cabin a whoppin inside type this cruise at this point. You never know may move up to a balcony as we get closer.lol

Making potato veg chowder for dinner tonight. Going tomorrow to see my Daddy and his sweetie for Christmas and have lunch at the Bahama Breeze.

It cost us $410 to reg. our car in Florida.:eek:

So Vicki does that mean YES????

I love reading the posts from familiar cruisers, so some of you will know why I would even be here. :) I also have to say that I finally JUST NOW figured out what your signature action figures are all about! D'oh!!! I am almost embarrassed to say that what I thought I had been seeing was an invisible turkey suddenly coming into view and being roasted!!! I did not recognize the turkey was the Carnival "tail" - OMG!!!!! :o:o:o I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Hi Vicki!!!

$410 to register a car in Florida? That doesn't sound right. Do you own an 80,000 dollar car? :eek:

Love ya Cathy! Sorry the price tag is so high.

Ready for bed... uh, Cathy, are you staying up for the 1am eclipse? Looks like there are no clouds in Florida to hinder the view. We have snow like crazy so we won't see the eclipse.

Goodnight friends!!

The Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston, Texas!!!

================================================== ===========================================

Come join us for the "Spirit of the "Magic"al Dream" cruise.

This official CC group cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Here is the list of those booked so far:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Cathy & Kenny Cathy p, early dining

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Andrea & Dave flippr5657, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Steven & Julie ChiBearsSuperFan & jbags58

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Mimi & Andy Chicago,PoofytheCat,anytime,4C

Jennifer & Alan Steelejen,anytime,8C

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Lynda,Jennifer,Heather and Bonnie Toronto,Sunndyday2010,anytime,4C

Amy & husband

Migdelia and June San Antonio, 4C, anytime

Vickie and Kermit San Antonio, 4C

Who's next to be added to the list?

Here is a list of things that we will be doing while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director Cathy P

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Nachi Cocom Director Marie

Grand Cayman: ??? Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle Tour Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Chat Director – Cathy P

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

The official cruise hotel will be the Hotel Galvez in Galveston and those booking are:

1 Rich & West, 2 double beds

2 Vicki & Kimi, 2 double beds

3 Lori & Don, 1 queen/king

4 Cathy p & Kenny, 1 queen/king

5 Betty & Bobbie, 2 double beds

6 Chelle, Pat, Marie & Dawn, 2 double beds

7 Jennifer & Alan, 1 queen/king

8 Nancy & Asa, 2 double beds

9 Dave & Andrea, 1 queen/king

10 Jerod & Emilee, 1 queen/king

11 Mimi & Andy, 1 queen/king

12 Kermit and Vickie, 1 queen/king

13 Kathy and Gary, 1 queen/king

14 Ron and Carmen, 1 queen/king

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at Crucon.com (JohnaN@crucon.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 . Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for the Carnival Magic, Feb 26, 2012.

Once you have booked with Johna, please let me know so that I can add you to the list.

So who will be next to join in on the fun? Don't be shy;). Call Johna and book today. Come join the party.

RICH

Good morning, SMDers!

Thank you, Rich, I am so honored to be the Cabin Crawl Director. Yes we will have Sex on the Beach and some other Tooters. I have already picked them up for the Looney Cruise.

Getting read to go and meet my Dad for lunch today for some Christmas Cheer!!

Have a super day, everyone!

OH on the car I could not believe it. The one time registration fee was $225 by itself and then the title fee was $100. The rest was the tag and taxes. This is only good until June as it is Kenny's birthday. Then we have to pay another $57 for the next year. On top of that the $15 for my handicap sticker. I guess they hate us old folks.:eek:

Hi y'all! Have you missed me??? LOL! I have missed you!

I agree, Vicki, you should come with us!!! :)

Cathy P, no, Florida LOVES the old folks!...they make all their $$ off of them! LOL :D ( and YAY for the sex on the beach!)

Hi Sherri! I am glad to see you and Dale will be on this cruise, too!

Andrea, I am glad you are sticking to your guns! We had a similar situation. My BIL had a son, but the mom wouldn't let him see him (not much effort on his part, though) and my MIL had to play nice to get to see him (but they did let her). The mom married, husband adopted the kid, and my BIL and the rest of us JUST got to meet him this past Thanksgiving after almost 10 years! That was only thanks to the step-dad. He is a great guy/dad and was a big advocate of my nephew knowing who his real dad is, especially since he had questions. Hang in there.

HI MIMI, I see your light is on.

Good Morning all....

I take the day off the boards to spend with my Payton Boy

and you all start chatting up a storm :D

We had a great day yesterday

Went to a new Bowling/arcade/sports bar about 40 min drive, maybe less Jerm was driving .

Oh my goodness, what fun and friendly people there.

the place was huge, 30 lanes,Reg Bowling, and more of Black light type,

the whole up stairs was arcade, and the Bar has TV screens bigger than my walls,

if you are so inclined to watch a game and have a beer.

I bought Payton a bowling pin, and they brought it to the lane,

with balloons attached, and a Sharpie so we could sign it for him.

We bowled a couple games (hadn't been bowling since '92 with the back surgery)

1st game did my old Average,

2nd game Payton really wanted to be the high score, so I think I got about 62.

Love that boy!

Gutter balls by accident are harder than you think...

After that, a quick stop at his other Gramma's work to get his gift, and give loves,

then off to this Grammy's house for more gifts and Brownie cake...

And to top off the whole night the Bears give him a big win!

Thank you Steven, for Face Booking that gift to Payton Yesterday morning.

We didn't know you had that much control over Da Bears,

but what a great end of the day for Payton and his Daddy...

Well...good news!! Nina got a job, and it's in Kingman!! She will be working at a rehabilatation center. It concentrates mostly on Sr. citizens I think, but they do wound care, acute care and some other stuff I don't understand. I will learn more about it when she starts working. But the great part is that the hospital will be paying her very well, paying for her license, and giving her the years experience she needs that every other place requires. So yippee!! The best part? They don't have to move away!!:D:D:D

Well...good news!! Nina got a job, and it's in Kingman!! She will be working at a rehabilatation center. It concentrates mostly on Sr. citizens I think, but they do wound care, acute care and some other stuff I don't understand. I will learn more about it when she starts working. But the great part is that the hospital will be paying her very well, paying for her license, and giving her the years experience she needs that every other place requires. So yippee!! The best part? They don't have to move away!!:D:D:D

Congratulations! That's great news!!!!

I am just catching up on this thread. Marie's Bears won the game so they are the first team to clinch a division title. (And I gotta be snarky and say that they come from a weak division and the Pats have 2 more wins than they have)... that's just what football fans do.

BUT... I wish Marie the absolute best with the Bears! When playoffs come up, the gloves are off though. But I will try to be respectful. (I am just dealing with a sad Andy who had to wear a Bears jersey all day at work due to losing at bet). Silly Browns fans (Andy is a Browns fan) They are like 4th class citizens in the world of the NFL, hee hee :)

Ok time for bed. I'll get caught up with all the other conversation tomorrow. Had a hair makeover today and I love it! You can check it out on Facebook. Please be kind and don't tell me I'm ugly. I am a bride for goodness sake, and I have to feel... special. :p

Archived