*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Good morning SMDers.

OK, I have heard back from Johna about our prices. It seems that the orginal prices are still in effect and have been posted on the business page. Keep in mind that these prices can change at any time, so early booking locks in the group rate:D.

Hi Nancy - sorry you have to work and the kids are off. As for the diving, Andrea is looking into that, but it seems that we may have alot of SMDers are interested in either the full dive or discover dive. We may need to split into two different group and maybe two different companies. We will see how it goes.

Nothing from the Hotel Galvez, but I will let ya'll know.

Got to get the day started, so off I go. Have a good one!

Good morning SmDers!

I thought that I had posted over here sometime durning the week-end, but I don`t see where that I did.

Must mean that I didn`t have anything important to say and I still don`t.:rolleyes:

Just wishing all of you that have the day off a great day and those who don`t I`m sorry.:(

Lil Nan that means you...:p

Guess the Looneys are having a great time.. Rich & West are next, then WoooooHoooo....US Mateys..:-)

I have emails that Johna sent me, because I was just inquiring about the balconies. I just have the info on coves, aft, and aft wraps. I will email it to you.

Good morning SMDers! I hope you all had a great weekend. I am jealous of my kids, because they have today off of school, but I have to work.

It's ok about the diving. If the boat is full, we will find something else to do. It was just something we may have been interested in. No biggie.:)

Got it! Thanks Nancy. :)

Hi everyone!

This thread is quiet..I wonder why. :D I hope the Looneys are having fun.

Is the beach break still on or just the diving for GC?

Yes, there is still the beach break. Just some of them will go diving and then hopefully meet us back at the beach.

Hi Rich and Bobbie!

Good evening SMDers. I too have to work on this holiday for 12 hours. Not happy.

OK, so I have added to prices of the other balcony cabins on the business page under prices. If anyone needs to know what the cabins are going for now, that is where they are. Important to know that if you book the early saver rate, you WILL NOT get the group amenities. Just something to keep in mind.

Janet - you have mail. Thanks again.

Jen, - yup the Steelers won, but next week is going to be tough.

Bobbie - just waiting for the Looneys to get back so I can go. This one is only 4 days, but I'm cruising:D.

Kathy - I see that Janet answered your question. Yup, there will also be a beach break.

Didn't hear from Rhonda today, but being MLK day, they are most likely off. I'm sure that I will hear back from her tomorrow.

Hope ya'll have a good night.

Good Morning ! I hope you all enjoyed your day off yesterday... for those of you that had one. We have decided not to get a balcony, for approx $300 extra per person I dont think it will be really worth it? I have only been on one cruise, I had a balcony & loved it ! That cruise was with my Daughter & I spent more time in my cabin than I will with Friends.

I have been looking at things to do & see in & around Texas. I found a Rodeo that should most likely fall during the same time we are there next year. It looks great !! http://www.rodeohouston.com/

Anything we should not miss Rich ?

Lynda

OMG! Is the rodeo this week, Rich??? I have been wanting to go, but have never gotten the chance! If it does fall during this time, that will just be the icing on the cake!

Lynda, the best part about the rodeo (besides the cowboys) is the concerts! They are included in your ticket to the rodeo! Did you see the lineup for this year? A TON of don't miss cancerts!

OMG! Is the rodeo this week, Rich??? I have been wanting to go, but have never gotten the chance! If it does fall during this time, that will just be the icing on the cake!

Lynda, the best part about the rodeo (besides the cowboys) is the concerts! They are included in your ticket to the rodeo! Did you see the lineup for this year? A TON of don't miss cancerts!

Yes I can't believe the line-up !! Fingers crossed that it works out next year ! Hopefully we all get a chance to go Nancy !

WOW another event that might fall during our time in Texas !

http://mardigrasgalveston.com/

Looks like it is going to be very important to get a hotel booked early !

LOL http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/mgdates.html

Feb 21 2010 Mardi Gras in New Orleans ! ( Only 6 hour drive according to Google! )

OK ya'll here it is. Hotel booking information:

The Official Hotel for the Cruise Critic Carnival Magic Group cruise is the

Hotel Galvez

located on the seawall in Galveston, Texas for the night of February 25, 2012.

The hotel rate is $109 per night. Rooms may be available for pre/post cruise at this group rate.

All guest room rates are subject to any Hotel service or resort fee and the current tax of 15%, plus any additional taxes or fees that may be owed at the time the rooms are occupied. The hotel will provide Complimentary transportation to cruise terminal and there will be a one time charge $15.00 for parking while on cruise.

All rooms will be held until 01/26/2012. Thereafter, reservations will be taken on a space and rate availability basis.

OTHER Terms and Conditions

Check-in Time is 4:00pm.

Check-out Time is 12 Noon.

Valet parking is available for day use at $5.00 per day (except while on the cruise-see above). Overnight valet parking is available at $15.00 per day.

If the guest is responsible for any portion of their stay, a valid credit card will be required upon check-in, which will be authorized for the estimated expenses incurred by the guest based on their length of stay.

Due to the historical nature of The Hotel Galvez, we have chosen to become a non-smoking environment.

Individual Guest Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-996-3426 or the hotel directly at 409-765-7721.

Below is the hotel link:

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/GLSHG/main.wnt?cid=ROMGWD

This information is also posted on the business pages as well. They are waiting for us to start booking, so lets get those rooms booked:D.

As ya'll can see, I did hear back from Rhonda and we are ready to book our rooms at the Hotel Galvez.

Janet - I should know better then to go looking for future dates without look at your next post:p.

I looked for the future dates for both the rodeo and Mardi Gras and yes we will miss Mardi Gras in Galveston (it ends on Feb 21 next year). But on the other hand, we arrived back in Galveston on Mar 4 and the rodeo in Houston starts on Feb 28 until Mar 18. So, if anyone is interested in the rodeo, they will have the schedule posted somewhere around Oct of this year.

Another thing that is bewteen Houston and Galveston is NASA. Very interesting place!

Of course there are somethings to do in Galveston and you can find them at www.galveston.com.

Got to get a few things done here ar work, so I will check in later.

Betty and I are booked at the hotel. No conformation # yet, not sure the lady understood my e-mail address correct as I had to repeat it twice.:eek:

Oh well I do have a verbal conformation and it`s written down so we are good.:)

I posted on the business page too.

Thanks Rich you did a great job.. Tax and all the room is like $129 and change..Super price I think.

We are going down a couple days early (24th) to see the sights. I`ve been to Galveston once before, but Betty hasn`t so will be a new thing for her and the hotel looks lovely.

As Betty said, next to work on will be airfare. For me that will be Southwest and a long wait for dates... but it should be a freebie so I`m good to go.:-)

Missing the Looneys but I wonder if they are missing us?????? NOT...:D

Good morning SMDers! thought I'd join the BCD club today while I'm waiting for my car to warm up and the coffee to brew. Cccccold here, and supposed to get colder:eek: only 13 now. I have an early dentist appt as I think I need a root canal. Better now than on vacation in March *sigh*

Thanx for the work on the hotel arrangements Rich--it looks great!! I'll take care of the booking this weekend.

Gotta go--have a great day everyone!

Good afternoon SMDers. Wow, cold front coming through and the temps have gone from the 60's down into the 40's. Suppose to get down to the upper 20's tonight. And with the weather getting cooler, the mountian cedar is higher and yes, still killing me. Nothing in the ways of meds seems to work this year! At least the Looney's are warm.

Andrea - I talked with Kim today and she is going to San Fran, Ca for a job interview , so most likely her and Bill will not be joining us on this cruise nor the dive.

Bobbie - SW goes to Houston Hobby and that is much closer to Galveston. I haven't yet worked out the shuttles yet, but I will.

Vicki - got ya on the list for the hotel.

Janet - did you get the deposit yet?

Hi Jen - yup, very quite lately. Missing our Chat Director!

Speaking of the hotel list:

Rich & West

Bobbie & Betty

Vicki & Kimi

I'm sure that once the Looneys get back we will be adding alot more to the list.

No work tonight, so I will check back later.

Good morning SMDers! I am so glad it is FRIDAY!!!! :p

I have been busy trying to get a family beach vacation put together for Memorial Day weekend. Probably going to go to Carolina Beach, NC. Looking at a cottage that sleeps 8 for $800 for the 4 day weekend. It would be cheaper another week, but that's when I have my vacationa and can take the least days off. :D

Hope you all have a great day! :)

Archived