*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

I made it. Its almost midnight and I'm about out of here!

Janet - Walmart is tempting, but I was think about a travel agency. I think I would like to get into the travel business. We will see.

OK, good night (if anyone is still up!)

That's what I'm going to do. Live on the retirement check and cruise on the part time job $$$.

Too much going on here tonight at work. I may need to schedule a cruise just for some R&R. No, I think I will just wait until June and the Alaska cruise.

I've just started booking our Alaska excursions and made our Amtrak reservation for the return trip home :). Our son is driving us to Seattle and then we are taking the train home (hubby really wanted to LOL). His dream destination and my choice of transportation to explore it (cruise ship).

Good morning, SMDers!

Another 80 degree day with lots of sun for Florida. We are going to the winery today as they are having tours, tastings, arts & crafts and such. Should be a fun time.

Rich, glad to see you made it thru your first day at work. I always wanted to get into the travel business. That would be a dream job for sure. I keep asking Johna if she needs some help and then she says I will have to move to New Hampshire and I say forgot that. So here I am doing nothing. I really need to get a part time job, like maybe 20 hours a week. Just not sure what I want to do. It can't be anything where I stand on my feet that is for sure.lol

Mimi said hi to everyone and she will be back but she is just so busy right now.

Well that is about it for now, chat later.

Good Morning SMDers! Woke up to a beautiful sunny day with temps in the 40's-- with the snow melting we can finally see some of the grass. We have had snow on the ground since early December with no melting til now. Hopefully that will be the end of that but it's Michigan so I wouldn't count on that!!

I have a 4 day weekend starting today--good to be off but bad since today is a non-paid furlough day. My DIL called a little while ago and is taking a mental health day from her job so we'll pick up DS at his work and all go to the camper show that starts today. Nothing makes it feel like spring coming than looking at new campers for us!! It'll be fun to spend some time with the grandkids as I don't get to see them too often.

And speaking of our DS and DIL, they booked the Magic last week with another couple to go with us on the cruise. They didn't book with Johna though, as much as I tried. With the current rates they found it much cheaper to book early saver. So while not officially part of our group, they'll be around. They do want to do the bus bar hop with us--I think they just want to get mom drunk!! I'm excited for them since it'll be their first cruise. So here's and unofficial welcome for Chris, Brandie, Josh and Christine!

Since I'm home and in cruise mode this am, I called and book the Hotel Galvez--so now we are officially booked for two nights! I'm looking forward to having a day to explore Galveston.

Time to get movin!

Janet - Walmart is tempting, but I was think about a travel agency. I think I would like to get into the travel business. We will see.

I think a travel agency would be a fun kind of job! I think my part time job when I retire will be something non-medical since that is all I have done since I was 16!

Good morning SMDers. Another great day here in south Texas.

Lori - great news about the kids going along. I have added you to the hotel list. We can see the grass too, but its brown now. Give it a month and I will have to mow it:(.

Vicki - what are ya'll planning on doing on the excursions? I haven't booked anything yet, but here is a link that you might find helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1340195&goto=newpost

Vicki - what are ya'll planning on doing on the excursions? I haven't booked anything yet, but here is a link that you might find helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1340195&goto=newpost

In Skagway we are doing the White Pass Rail/bus combo through Chilkoot Charters. This is our big splurge, it was $122/pp.

In Juneau we are doing the Mount Roberts Tramway but also going to Mendenhall. After doing a lot of research (and knowing that we don't like to be on a tight timeline) we have decided to just take the shuttle from the pier to the Visitor's center and hang out as long as we want. Most of the excursions were really expensive and only gave you 45 minutes at the Glacier. So unless we book something else, we are spending $27/pp on the Tram and $14/pp on the bus to Mendenhall.

I'm not sure about Ketchikan yet. My ex-SIL is going to take the morning off and be our tour guide. We've narrowed it down to 3 choices...Zipline, Lumberjack show or Saxman Village to see the totem poles :).

All you talking about your warm weather makes me have to jump in here and say we are having warm weather too....YAY!!!!!!

It makes me so happy and I am thankful for it..:)

Waving to Janet, Cathyp, Rich, Vick & Vicki.. And to all that I might have missed..

Welcome to Lori`s children and their friends. Even if they are not booked with us we will get to meet them and that just adds more friends to my list.;)

Off to get a massage... Check in with you all later...

Vicki - we won't be doing the train, but will do the tram. We did the zip line on the Splendor cruise and had a blast. Well worth it.

Bobbie - have a relaxing time.

Cathy p - how about being a model for Coors Light:eek: (even though drinking it is now limited). lol

Cool! I would love to be a TA, but I could never remember all the crap they have to learn about geography! But it would definately be my dream job. Of course, everytime I booked someones VACA, I would want to go too!

I've just started booking our Alaska excursions and made our Amtrak reservation for the return trip home :). Our son is driving us to Seattle and then we are taking the train home (hubby really wanted to LOL). His dream destination and my choice of transportation to explore it (cruise ship).

You will love Alaska. I know I did. And to be honest, I didn't think I would. But I am so glad we went.

Good Morning SMDers! Woke up to a beautiful sunny day with temps in the 40's-- with the snow melting we can finally see some of the grass. We have had snow on the ground since early December with no melting til now. Hopefully that will be the end of that but it's Michigan so I wouldn't count on that!!

I have a 4 day weekend starting today--good to be off but bad since today is a non-paid furlough day. My DIL called a little while ago and is taking a mental health day from her job so we'll pick up DS at his work and all go to the camper show that starts today. Nothing makes it feel like spring coming than looking at new campers for us!! It'll be fun to spend some time with the grandkids as I don't get to see them too often.

And speaking of our DS and DIL, they booked the Magic last week with another couple to go with us on the cruise. They didn't book with Johna though, as much as I tried. With the current rates they found it much cheaper to book early saver. So while not officially part of our group, they'll be around. They do want to do the bus bar hop with us--I think they just want to get mom drunk!! I'm excited for them since it'll be their first cruise. So here's and unofficial welcome for Chris, Brandie, Josh and Christine!

Since I'm home and in cruise mode this am, I called and book the Hotel Galvez--so now we are officially booked for two nights! I'm looking forward to having a day to explore Galveston.

Time to get movin!

Oh Lori, to bad they didn't know that they could have booked ES through Johna, and still been part of the "official" group! Bummer.

Oh Lori, to bad they didn't know that they could have booked ES through Johna, and still been part of the "official" group! Bummer.

I know Janet, my son did talk to Johna a few times but somehow he figured it was less expensive to go directly thru Carnival. Anyways, I'm still glad they are coming. They'll probably spend most of the time with their friends, maybe meet us for dinner and drinks in the evening and such.

Good morning SMDers. Alittle rain this morning, but its not like we don't need it.

Got home last night and my wrist was killing me. Guess I did too much typing. Oh well, just needed more drugs!

I'm still working on shuttles. There doesn't seem to be a big choice from Houston to Galveston without paying through the nose. What Al did on the Veterans cruise a few years back was to get everyones arrival times and try to get as many one one shuttle as possible. Back then it was $100 per shuttle from Hobby and he got 8 - 10 on most of the shuttles. Hopefully, we can do the same.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

I know Janet, my son did talk to Johna a few times but somehow he figured it was less expensive to go directly thru Carnival. Anyways, I'm still glad they are coming. They'll probably spend most of the time with their friends, maybe meet us for dinner and drinks in the evening and such.

I'm glad they are coming too!! I hope they will join us on the party boat!!

Good morning SMDers. Alittle rain this morning, but its not like we don't need it.

Got home last night and my wrist was killing me. Guess I did too much typing. Oh well, just needed more drugs!

I'm still working on shuttles. There doesn't seem to be a big choice from Houston to Galveston without paying through the nose. What Al did on the Veterans cruise a few years back was to get everyones arrival times and try to get as many one one shuttle as possible. Back then it was $100 per shuttle from Hobby and he got 8 - 10 on most of the shuttles. Hopefully, we can do the same.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Don't worry Rich. Maybe you should just rent a huge van/bus and shuttle us back and forth!!:p:rolleyes: Is there a SAS or primetime shuttle near by?

Janet, those are the rates for Super Shuttle (and that the cheapest I can find for a flat rate for up to 10). Its $100 for up to 10 pepole with bags from Houston Hobby and it is $145 for up to 10 from Houston Inter. If we could coordinate and get 10 people in one shuttle, then it would ony be $10 per person or from Inter $14.50 each. Even with 5 in a shuttle from Hobby it would only be $20 pp. Houston Inter is on the north side of Houston and Galveston is south of Houston. Now, Houston Hobby is on the south side of Houston, making it cheaper to get to Galveston. I guess that we will need to wait until everyone starts making thier flight reservations before we can do that. Just thinking that sure would save alot of money for everyone doing it this way. This is what Carnival has to offer:

Cost of Transfers:

Applicable to Cruise Only guestBetween Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) to Port of Galveston:One Way: $40.00 Round Trip: $80.00Between Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) to Port of Galveston:One Way: $30.00 Round Trip: $60.00 Appliable to guests using Carnival's Fly Aweigh air programBetween Houston Intercontinental (IAH) or Houston Hobby (HOU) Airports and the Port of Galveston:One Way: $30.00 Round Trip: $60.00

Transfer rates are subject to change and any unused services are non refundable.

What are the Flight Guidelines for the Latest Airport Arrivals and Earliest Return Flights:

Latest Flight Arrival:

Arrivals into the Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH): 1:00pm or Houston Hobby Airport (HOU): 1:30pm

Earliest Flight Departures:

Earliest departures out of the Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) or Houston Hobby Airport (HOU): 1:30pm

Hi Guys,

Rich, you never know who all might be coming from our neck of the woods at the same time.

We might be able to fill one of the shuttles, heck we might all be on the same plane LOL

Could be Judie, Sherri, Dale, Me, Chelle, Dawn, thats just off the top of my head.

We all were on the same plane for the Dream, and I think Janet, Julie and Steve were too.

Not sure if our southern Oregon Girls will be flying out of Seattle or not.

Hey you guys remember last Oct, when I posted that one of our Congressmen was a total jerk to me at my Store....

Check this out,

Rep. David Wu's staff confonted him over concerns about his mental health

www.oregonlive.comInterviews and e-mails show that the Oregon Democrat faced an intervention from campaign and staff aides just days before his November re-election victory.

his staff was trying to get him into the Psycho Ward that very week, because of his strange behavior, yet they didn't want the voters to know anything about it, because it was only a week til the election.

And you guessed it, he won.

Keep the voter dumb and blind, and like a frog in warm water, they won't know they are the soup, til it is to late to jump out of the pot...:eek:

Well the shuttles could be tricky. But I bet it will all work out. I guess as soon as someone books air tickets they should post so others can try to land around the same time.

Marie, I remember that! It's kind of scary to know you have a nut representing you. And even scarier that people new it before he was elected!

Well the shuttles could be tricky. But I bet it will all work out. I guess as soon as someone books air tickets they should post so others can try to land around the same time.

Marie, I remember that! It's kind of scary to know you have a nut representing you. And even scarier that people new it before he was elected!

You have to be nuts to run for office anyway!

Good night ya'll.

Hi Guys,

Rich, you never know who all might be coming from our neck of the woods at the same time.

We might be able to fill one of the shuttles, heck we might all be on the same plane LOL

Could be Judie, Sherri, Dale, Me, Chelle, Dawn, thats just off the top of my head.

Kimi & I will fly out of Portland, but we'll probably end up flying to Seattle first, then on to Houston.

The Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston, Texas!!!

================================================== ===========================================

Come join us for the "Spirit of the "Magic"al Dream" cruise.

This official CC group cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Here is the list of those booked so far:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Cathy & Kenny Cathy p, early dining

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Andrea & Dave flippr5657, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Steven & Julie ChiBearsSuperFan & jbags58

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Mimi & Andy Chicago,PoofytheCat,anytime,4C

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Lynda,Jennifer,Heather and Bonnie Toronto,Sunndyday2010,anytime,4C

Amy & husband

Migdelia and June San Antonio, 4C, anytime

Vickie and Kermit San Antonio, 4C

Madelene Fort Lauderdale

Who's next to be added to the list?

Here is a list of things that we will be doing while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director Cathy P

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Nachi Cocom Director Marie

Grand Cayman: ??? Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle Tour Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Chat Director – Cathy P

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

The official cruise hotel will be the Hotel Galvez in Galveston and those booking are (information on the hotel is on the business page):

1 Rich & West, 2 double beds

2 Vicki & Kimi, 2 double beds

3 Lori & Don, 1 queen/king

4 Cathy p & Kenny, 1 queen/king

5 Betty & Bobbie, 2 double beds

6 Chelle, Pat, Marie & Dawn, 2 double beds

7 Nancy & Asa, 2 double beds

8 Dave & Andrea, 1 queen/king

9 Jerod & Emilee, 1 queen/king

10 Mimi & Andy, 1 queen/king

11 Kermit and Vickie, 1 queen/king

12 Kathy and Gary, 1 queen/king

13 Ron and Carmen, 1 queen/king

14 Madelene, 2 double beds

15 Lynda,Jennifer,Bonnie & Heather, 2 double beds

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at Crucon.com (JohnaN@crucon.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 . Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for the Carnival Magic, Feb 26, 2012.

Once you have booked with Johna, please let me know so that I can add you to the list.

So who will be next to join in on the fun? Don't be shy;). Call Johna and book today. Come join the party.

Kimi & I will fly out of Portland, but we'll probably end up flying to Seattle first, then on to Houston.

Marie and Dawn will be flying out of Portland to Seattle, I will be flying out of Kalispell to Seattle, as soon as I get our arrangements made, I will be posting them. I am thinking late March early April I will have the flights figured out for at least the three of us

Archived