*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Good evening SMDers. Another great day here is south Texas (even though I've spent most of the day in bed - working the midnights). That and the Spurs winning:D

Nancy - they do have a tour to the falls from Montego Bay, but I think it may be more then you might want to pay and from what I understand, its mostly a long bus ride there and back. I don't think its too late to get in on the party boat. I think that Janet needed the money for the deposit so that we will be able to charter the boat just for our group. She will let ya know for sure.

Marie - glad the eye is better. Now you sound like me, going from one hurt to another! Ouch.

Chelle - doing much better here and so is West. Glad to hear your better.

With all this talk of a cruise from NO, maybe we should think about one in the future. I'm in:D

Cathy p - what if I just send you the money and you can ship the BBQ and Coors Light to me? Or bewtter yet, what if I just show up for the BBQ? lol

Bobbie - I've always hated having to go to the dentist. Hope its not too bad. What I've started doing with any long posts I have, I copy the text and if it doesn't go, then I have a back up and post it that way. Works for me.

Hi Lori

Kathy - bubble wrap or not, its hard to keep us from cruising;).

Time for a nap before work (my last midnight this month). Hope y'all have a good night.

Rich good idea to copy the post.. I need to do it too..

I promise two nights straight I lost my post..:eek:

So aggravating.:(

Hey count me in on a New Orleans cruise! Love, love, love that idea....

Even tho this cruise is a year away with all the talk going on about the fog in Galveston, and some are saying it happens this time of year..:eek:

maybe everyone should make sure that they get travel insurance... Just sayin!!!

I never cruise without it, my Dad is to elderly and DH has suffered two heart attacks in the past so it`s a must for me.

Cathyp happy to hear your weather is still nice, our`s has been up until today.

Tomorrow the thunderstorms are moving our way..... :eek::eek::eek:

I hate when that happens...

Good morning SMDers and to the BCOD club. Today is may last midnight shift, so I will have to give up the BCOD for awhile.

Suppose to be another real nice day today. Trying to get West to go down the the coast for the weekend, but I think he has something planned. Oh, well.

Marie - that is why I live in south Texas:p. Here it is the end of February and y'all are still getting snow. NO THANK YOU.

Bobbie - sorry to hear about your storms. I'll send ya lots of sunshine:).

Well I'm almost out of here, so y'all have a great day.

Good Morning, SMDers!

Happy Thursday to everyone. It is funny I had to look at my calendar to see what day it was. Nothing like being retired and not know the day. 80's and sunny here today. Sorry, Marie, the only snow I want is when I win the lottery and buy a log cabin in the mountains and I can decide when I want to go.lol

The big activity for today is going to Publix and get a Filet at the store. They have them for $10.99 a lb if you buy the whole one. Meat here is so expensive and normally they are between $14 and $20 LB.:eek:

Rich, no shipping but we would love for you to join us for sure. I might even buy you a Coor's Light.lol

Glad everyone is starting to feel better and I hope Andrea is back really soon. I miss her so much.

No worries here folks, this is the kind of snow that everyone loves. the streets are pretty clear and not icy.

The snow is big and beautiful, and just enough to close schools for the kids to have a great snow day...

And because we really haven't had any this year, it is still fun. :D

And besides it give the News stations something else to talk about, besides, well you all know what I mean..

Nice break from the World Crap going on, even though it doesn't stop for our little snow, it stops for a couple hours in our minds :)

Hello SMDers! Sorry I've been MIA. I hope everyone is doing well.

I have already talked to Rich privately, so he knows this already. We have decided to cancel this cruise for a number of reasons, NONE of which have anything to do with anyone. Thank you Rich for saying in the email that Andy and I are considered part of the SMD family since we have sailed with Marie and Chelle. I am crying a little bit while typing this because it was a very hard decision since I've grown to be friends with many of you.

Please keep me posted as to any future 'sibs' cruises. Here's hoping to be cruising with all of you in 2013!

I hope you all have a wonderful time!! And who knows, if we hit the lottery this year, we'll come back and re-book. We can afford one cruise a year right now.

My dear friend, Mimi, I understand totally and I know you will cruise with us at some point. Right now I am not sure about this one so we will have to see. I still have you as my email buddy which will be forever because we chat so much.

Hello SMDers! Sorry I've been MIA. I hope everyone is doing well.

I have already talked to Rich privately, so he knows this already. We have decided to cancel this cruise for a number of reasons, NONE of which have anything to do with anyone. Thank you Rich for saying in the email that Andy and I are considered part of the SMD family since we have sailed with Marie and Chelle. I am crying a little bit while typing this because it was a very hard decision since I've grown to be friends with many of you.

Please keep me posted as to any future 'sibs' cruises. Here's hoping to be cruising with all of you in 2013!

I hope you all have a wonderful time!! And who knows, if we hit the lottery this year, we'll come back and re-book. We can afford one cruise a year right now.

Mimi I am so sad to hear this news, but on the other hand I totally understand...

There is always another time and with this group of Sibs we are always looking ahead to another cruise.

As Marie said on FB we all can`t make all the cruises all the time. Sometime you will get to meet each of us.;)

Just drop in every now and again to say hi..., please?

Rich thanks for the offer of the sunshine, I think we are gonna need it before morning.

We are going to be in for a rough ride about midnight tonight.....:eek::eek:

Good afternoon SMDers.

So sorry that Mimi and Andy will not be joining us on this cruise and they will be missed, but as it's already been pointed out, there will be other cruises. I told Mimi that since she has cruised with the "family" with Marie and Chelle, that they are now part of the whole family and that we will cruise again.

Bobbie - got some rain this afternoon (much needed) and now it's sunny out. So, I'm sending the sunshine east now just for you:).

Betty and Madalene will be cruising this weekend and I just want to wish them a great cruise. We all wish we were going with them, but after this one comes the long awaited Matey's cruise!

Cathy p - I'll take a rain check on the Coors Light;).

Hope everyone has a great day.

Janet, I am still trying to talk Asa into the party boat...If I can, is it possible to add us on, or does the deposit deadline mean we can't go if I can't get him to consent immediately??:(

You can still go. We have to pay a 500 dollar deposit to charter the boat, and God knows that I don't have the money, so everyone helped lessen the burdon to guarantee the boat for our group. But yes, everyone is welcome! I bet we will have people that haven't even booked yet with us.

Crusing from New Orleans is on my list too. I would love to see the city too, and the drive is only 18 hrs vs 23 to Ft Lauderdale.

OK, sounds like a group cruise to me!! :)

Just let me know when to book.:p

I`ve already said how I love to cruise on the river and I get to drive to the port...I would love it.:)

Rich glad you got rain...

We`ve had tornado watches and even a couple of warnings since 8:00 P.M. or so.

A warning further South of us was just cancelled.

Another one just went into effect for the County over from us...:eek:

The wind is very strong here now, but all the storms are moving fast so hopefully they will be over by midnight...

My worry is always about straight line winds. They can cause more damage over a wider area than a tornado does..:(

Good morning to all you SMDers!

I am sad to hear that Mimi and Andy can't make it on this cruise, but I also understand, as I had to back out of the Matey cruise. There is always another sibling cruise on the horizon. Look, there is already the thought of NO or Hawaii. (BTW, I am!!)

Bobbie, did you make it thru the night?

Janet, as you already know from fb...ASA SAID YES TO THE PARTY BOAT!!!!! Who else wants to cheer with me???

I am sad to hear that Mimi and Andy can't make it on this cruise, but I also understand, as I had to back out of the Matey cruise. There is always another sibling cruise on the horizon. Look, there is already the thought of NO or Hawaii. (BTW, I am!!)

Janet, as you already know from fb...ASA SAID YES TO THE PARTY BOAT!!!!! Who else wants to cheer with me???

I have been trying to keep up with FB and the boards, but I missed that....

Yay for Asa, we are going to have a great time, and so is he once we are done with him...Just Kidding,

But he will find we are a good bunch of peeps to hang out with. Not pushy at all, except to help you to get him to want to do fun stuff with us LOL

Good morning SMDers. A little chill in the air this morning, but it's going to warm up into the high 70's today.

Nancy - glad to hear the Asa said yes to the party boat. I have a feeling that's going to be one of those excursions not to be missed.

Marie - Andrea is working on the diving in Grand Caymen, but I know that others are interested in doing something else. I know that Peggy said she wouldn't be doing and diving and Ron can't do any diving. So, what do you have in mind?

Bobbie - did ya get the sunshine I sent this morning? Hope everything is OK.

Made it thru the night with very little sleep, but we still have a house and are safe.

Spring is about to be here so we just have to start getting use to the no sleep issures. It will be this way from now until the start of May.:eek:

Thank you Nan for checking on us...

Yay that Asa said yes to the party boat.. The rest of making it fun for him will be taken care of.;)

Good morning to all the SMDers and to those that are not who just drop by to cheer our day..:)

Ok, I think everyone was typing at the same time and I just read Marie and Rich`s post so now I feel the need to post again...:D

Rich I did get the sunshine:) thanks for sending it. It`s calm and beautiful out, just as it always is after the storms.

Cool, but a big warm up tomorrow and Sunday... Yay!!!

Marie, I`m not a diver either, so I am in for whatever the rest of the no diving group decides to do. I think that I can speak for Betty too as I`m almost sure she does not dive either.

Oh and let`s all say Bon Voyage to Betty & Madelene...;)

Hey, SMDers!

Glad to see that everyone is nice and chipper today. Having a great day here so far. We went the the Markets of Marion this morning which is a 1000 booth flea and produce market. We got lots of oranges, vidalia onion, catalope, pole beans and books for both of us. Total price $20.50. I love that place.

We are having some of the filets that I bought yesterday so I am cooking tators for fried tators and then we are off to Sams.

Weather as usual beautiful with a high of 82 and a nice breeze.

Well time to run. Chat later, hi to all and have a super day!

Love ya,

PS Rich I got your rain check ok!

I will look back at the posts, but I am sure there was a beach day planned for Grand Caymen for those that weren't going to Dive. It was a place that the diving people would go to with us, and then be at the beach with us when they were done. I will try to find the post about it.

ASA!!!

GREAT JOB!!!

OK, I found the post Andrea posted about a beach day. It's post number 1955. And there is a lot of discussion after it too.

"this might be an idea if we just want a beachy day

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-beach-resort/

I am sure I can figure out transportation, like a shuttle or sharing cabs

the day pass is $12 and that includes towel, umbrella and chairs, no food or drinks

it's a 10-15 minute ride from the cruise ship

so I need some input people

which would most prefer?

I think the 3 snorkel catamaran ride including sting ray city was 39 pp

I just read that the Marriott has good snorkeling too "

I guess this is still on the table. When Andrea comes back, we can find out.

I just read that the Splendor is doing a Rd. trip Hawaiian cruise in Jan. 2013. But it's 15 days, so that will leave me and Judie out for sure. To close to Valentines day. :D

Maybe another line will be doing it at a better time. Plus the other lines will have a 25.00 deposit.

Ok, I think everyone was typing at the same time and I just read Marie and Rich`s post so now I feel the need to post again...:D

Rich I did get the sunshine:) thanks for sending it. It`s calm and beautiful out, just as it always is after the storms.

Cool, but a big warm up tomorrow and Sunday... Yay!!!

Marie, I`m not a diver either, so I am in for whatever the rest of the no diving group decides to do. I think that I can speak for Betty too as I`m almost sure she does not dive either.

Oh and let`s all say Bon Voyage to Betty & Madelene...;)

Glad everyone survived the nasty storms. We got more flippin' snow! It did warm up this afternoon and melted most of it. Tormorrow I will finally be where it is warm and lots of sunshine! Whooo Hooo!

Bobbie, the cruise down the river to paradise sounds like heaven to me. Count me in.:D

Hawaii is still on my list to cruise to so if anyone gets it together Bobbie and I want to join you!

Off to finish packing and see you in a week!

Nan, I am so excited that Asa is joining the party boat too!

Mimi, it is sad that you can't join us this time but there will be many more with this group.

Have a great week-end!

I just read that the Splendor is doing a Rd. trip Hawaiian cruise in Jan. 2013. But it's 15 days, so that will leave me and Judie out for sure. To close to Valentines day. :D

Maybe another line will be doing it at a better time. Plus the other lines will have a 25.00 deposit.

Hawaii is my next one after Magic, I have put it aside by three cruise's now.

Marie and I will most likely put something together for 2013 for Hawaii. (that's my plan anyway)

Archived