*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Welcome Home Janet and Bobbie, so very nice to meet ya'll! Thanks for the very warm welcome.:D

I haven't spent a lot of time on the boards lately, been very busy in search of a great swimsuit. Pat and I will be heading out on the Truimph on the 30th and we still have some things to take care of before sailing.

Okay, the Mateys are back ... time to get THIS party going!

Had a gread time on the Miracle. It was great to see some of the old crew. We even did some recruiting and should be bringing some more new blood to the SMD cruise!

Where are we at now? 48 weeks and counting?

Rich - This will interest you ... Julie and I got called to the Naughty Room! We took 5 Rum Runners with us. 4 were concealed in my two bags and I had 1 in Julies. The one in Julies bag was detected and confiscated. I guess I better stick to hiding Rum Runners in my own luggage from now on!

Good afternoon SMDers. Really a nice day today.

Steven - So what happend to the rum runner? Did they give it back to you? And where in your luggage did you hide your? Julie said that y'all had taken the chocolate martini with ya, so how did you get that on board? Answers, Answers, I need answers:p.

Sadie - you know that I can't wait to go on the Truimph later this year when she relocates to Galveston. I think we are going to try and get something right after I retire in late Oct. You will have to tell me all about the ship.

Got to run and wash the car. Back later.

Welcome Home Janet and Bobbie, so very nice to meet ya'll! Thanks for the very warm welcome.:D

I haven't spent a lot of time on the boards lately, been very busy in search of a great swimsuit. Pat and I will be heading out on the Truimph on the 30th and we still have some things to take care of before sailing.

Sadie, don't forget to buy a FCC while on board, to use on the Magic. That way you will have an extra $100 of OBC...

Thanks for the reminder Marie. Everyone that is cruising before our Magic cruise next Feb on Carnival should indeed buy a Future Cruise Cert. You can use them with the group rate and instead of getting $100 OBC you will get $100 off the price of the cruise and $200 OBC. What a deal:D.

Steven - So what happend to the rum runner? Did they give it back to you? And where in your luggage did you hide your? Julie said that y'all had taken the chocolate martini with ya, so how did you get that on board? Answers, Answers, I need answers:p.

I want answers too! I have the "camo" caps for water bottles and planned to try to take some vodka with us when we go to Alaska, but are Rum Runners better? With the camo caps, it has be a clear alcohol so it looks like water. I guess I could always take my Patron :).

The Rum Runner is a loss. They gave me a letter saying I violated the rules, etc. If they find an iron or something like that, you can pick it up the last day before debarkation. If they find alcohol, the letter specifically states that you will not get it back.

I had two small Rum Runners filled with Seagrams VO. I put one in each of my dress shoes. I also had two large Rum Runners filled with Chocolate Martinis. I had each of them in a large nylon Carnival water bottle holder. I had taken some pencils with me for the trivia challenge and put them in the nylon holders, surrounding the Rum Runners.

I had Julie put one large Rum Runner in her bag, filled with Lemoncello, but it was not really concealed very well. We had to do some last minute shifting in her luggage and the items used to conceal the Rum Runner got moved.

With the Rum Runners, since they are plastic, they do not show up like a bottle would, which have lead in it. However, they do create a void in your luggage. Its this void that the x-ray equipment can see. Thats when they get suspicious. It was this void that they wanted me to explain.

I was never accused of having alcohol specifically. They asked if I had any and I told them I did. The letter they gave me was blank at first and they had to write in the alcohol part. I dont think they knew for sure until they went into the suitcase and found it. Had the "void" been explained with something else, they would have probably apologized and sent me on my way.

Im not familiar with the "camo cap" product you are refering to. The Rum Runners are lightweight, leakproof and very sturdy. They are a clear plastic so whatever color liquid you put in them shows through. If hidden well enough, they should get through. You just have to be smart about it. Hey, I got through 4 out of 5. They were seperated in groups of 2/2/1. I got two seperate bags through with 2 Run Runners apiece in them. This is why I think concealing them is the key.

We got caught and were laughing about it within minutes. Sure, our bar bill was a little higher but it was worth the effort.

Now, if I had lost the chocolate martinis, I might have had to cry. They are NOT cheap to put together! Since I brought 2 of the 32oz Run Runners full, it was an investment I would have hated to lose.

I quess that explains why they found the one. I understand about the chocolate martini's as I also know just how much the cost to put together. We will know next time to hide them. Sorry you got caught and given a no-no letter.

OK, just back from the Spurs game and grabbing a bit to eat. Spurs won and the pizza was not that great. Anyway, hope everyone has a great night.

Im not familiar with the "camo cap" product you are refering to. The Rum Runners are lightweight, leakproof and very sturdy. They are a clear plastic so whatever color liquid you put in them shows through. If hidden well enough, they should get through. You just have to be smart about it. Hey, I got through 4 out of 5. They were seperated in groups of 2/2/1. I got two seperate bags through with 2 Run Runners apiece in them. This is why I think concealing them is the key.

I may have to get myself a Rum Runner before Alaska. I can try both ways :). I personally prefer beer but hubby likes a little more variety! Thank you :).

Sadie, don't forget to buy a FCC while on board, to use on the Magic. That way you will have an extra $100 of OBC...

Good morning everyone, I'm off to the mall in search of a swimsuit so please wish me luck.lol

Thanks for the tip! I would have completely forgotten to do this so now it is on my LIST, right along with my passport.:D

I may have to get myself a Rum Runner before Alaska. I can try both ways :). I personally prefer beer but hubby likes a little more variety! Thank you :).

It may have been because we were with our non party husbands, but I found that Chelle and I did basically no drinking on our Alaska Cruise.

Just a different kind of cruise, than a warm weather with your party buddies cruise in the Caribbean

Good Morning Sadie, we must have been typing at the same time (well 10 min apart, but your wasn't there when I started?)

Good luck on your shopping venture

It may have been because we were with our non party husbands, but I found that Chelle and I did basically no drinking on our Alaska Cruise.

Just a different kind of cruise, than a warm weather with your party buddies cruise in the Caribbean

I'm thinking it will be the same way for me. My only other 2 cruises have been with my girlfriends and were all about the party. And while my hubby likes to consume a little beverage, it will take an act of God to get him to dance with me so this may be a much more relaxing cruise for me :).

Good Morning Everyone! Well I woke up to a light dusting of snow on my car...ughhh, it's April!

I'm sure it will rain all day here, but I hope everyone else has a bright sunny day :o.

The sun is shinning up here this morning,

but it is COLD out there.

OK off to get ready for work, see ya all later :p

Good morning SMDers.

SNOW, now thats why I don't live up north. Weather man says its suppose to get up to 90 today and 96 tomorrow. Where did spring go?

Sadie - good luck on your shopping spree.

Marie, Vicki and Rich, thanks for the good wishes in regards to shopping. It's a good thing I have a little while to search because I tried on 32 suits and I didn't like any of them.:( I guess I'll have to buy online to get the right fit. Heck, I only gained 10lbs from last year.

It is rather warm here today and I can't imagine being hit with snow in April. Hope everyone has a good day today.

Good Morning Everyone! Well I woke up to a light dusting of snow on my car...ughhh, it's April!

I'm sure it will rain all day here, but I hope everyone else has a bright sunny day :o.

It was snowing this morning when I went to work too. What the heck?! And then rained off and on. We are supposed to get some sunshine tomorrow though. Hope so, I have the day off.

Is anyone else going to be affected if Congress doesn't pass a budget by Friday night? I don't mind a few days off, but I'd rather work and get paid. Need to pay for the cruise!

- Sherri

Well last night before going to bed I typed a big long post. Guess that I had a lot to say. lol

I am sure it was about something you all wanted to hear (or not :rolleyes:) lol, but anyway when I hit submit reply it had timed out and I lost it all...:eek:

That does happen to me from time to time.

Since I can not even start to remember what it was that I typed last night I will just say,... have a great week-end y`all!

Waving to Vicki, Rich, Sadie, Marie & Sherri...

Oh and Sherri since my DH is retired Military and draws CRSC and SS, yes a Govt. shutdown could not be a good thing in our household...:eek:

Wishing our good friend Janet lots of luck with her journey to being a nonsmoker!!!!

You can do it our friend.....We are all here for you!!!

Some of us here have been there done that...me included!!!

You go girl!!!!!

Has nothing to do with cruising,

but maybe we fire all those idiots in DC, and we save a bundle...if they are not there to spend it, right LOL

Not talking left, right or those in the middle, just saying a new crop can't do worse LOL

We are retired Mil. so we'll see what it does to that.

We have friends who work for Fed. Prison, and have some things going on this week, that this would be really bad for.

Not to mention how stupid we look to other nations because of this.

They are watching you know. not like the days before the internet, and on the second info being transmitted

And can anyone tell me why on earth, we send money to every nation that has a boo boo,

when we don't have money to make our own ends meet?

Hum let me take out a loan so I can pay for the guy down the street to restore his home to like new condition.

Makes sense, right?

Have these people never heard of, "Get your own house in order, then and only then are you able to help your brother in need."

It works you know, being debt free, means you are no longer a slave to others (China ringing a bell) and are free to help others...

OK, my rant is over, back to cruise talk LOL

Well my windows were froze this morning but the sun is shining so it makes for a brighter Friday.

Rich - It's not nice to tease about the nice warm weather you have! Be careful, you may just get a houseguest :o.

Sadie - I'm sure you'll find the perfect suit! I need to lose about 20 lbs before next February or I'll look silly swimming with the stingrays in my capri's & tank top (I won't be caught dead in a swimsuit!).

Janet - Good luck with the quitting! You can do it :).

Sherri - The potential government shut-down will impact me a little, but not too bad. I work for the state and the Forest Service is out partner agency so if they shut down, we'll pick up some of their tasks. And ultimately, it would affect everyone in some way. I'm a positive thinker though, it won't happen. Idle threats...

Waving hello to Bobbie & Marie and anyone else that I missed. Hope you all have a beautiful day and amazing weekend!

Good Afternoon Everyone!:)

Janet, good luck with quitting smoking and I too wish I could quit. I know that you can do it.

Bobbie, Sherri, Vicki, Marie and Rich.....Hope ya'll have a great weekend:D

For those of you who will be effected by the government shut down I feel your pain. I, too, am retired military (USAF) and it just stinks that those idiots cannot or will not work to get a Dxx budget passed.

If my DH and I ran our households like the government we would have been bankrupt by now (several times over) I'm sure.

Archived