*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Don said he couldn't drink all that beer (at one time anyways!!!). He was more excited when I showed him the menu. I can't wait to try a dirty mojito!!! LOL!!

Check out this menu-- I think we'll be spending alot of time here!!!

http://www.carnivalmagic.com/images/vignettes/RedFrogMenu.PDF

Is that dirty mojito going to be in the "fish bowl":eek:?

Happy Saturday SMDers. Another warm one here today.

Welcome back home Sadie and Pat. Hope ya had a blast on your cruise. You did go out on the Triumph didn't you?

Got to get some stuff done, so y'all have a good day.

I am booked on IH-10 going about 70mph the morning of the 25th. Should be there around noonish or so:D. Should we meet for lunch?

Sounds like a good plan, but this far out you will have to remind me like in Jan or early Feb. LOL

Good morning SMDers

HAPPY . MOTHER'S . DAY

Yup, Happy Mother's Day to all mother's today and ever day. As for me, I will be picking mom up and bringing her over here for a BBQ dinner (brisket, potato salad, baked beans and fruit salad).

Dale - I'm not sure if I told you, but Kermit is a go for the diving. He is a certified diver.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day with their families. :)

Well back to reality after another amazing trip to Savannah, Hilton Head, Beaufort, SC, Beaufort, NC, the Outer Banks and on to Williamsburg, VA. Lots of cool places and wonderul food from Paula Deens, Uncle Bubba's Oyster House, Barbara Jean's, Howard's Pub, King's Inn Tavern, The Trellis and many, many more. I felt like I gained 50 lbs. but my jeans still button so guess I am good. :eek: Sure am hungry for some of those wonderful crabcakes and pecan pie!:D

If I have missed anyone one new joining our group, WELCOME! Joni and Jim, I know you are one of those and I am very excited to see you again on the Magic.

Off to do some laundry ...have a great day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! We finally have a nice day here, sunny and mid 60's, a gift for us moms. It would be nice to be warmer but I won't push it!!

Betty--what a wonderful trip you had. I LOVE Savannah!! My favorite place, I've been there three time, two with the Girl Scouts. Don and I went there for our 25th anniversary a few years back. Didn't eat at Lady and Sons though, but won't miss it next time. Charleston is nice but I like Savannah better. My son Chris ( new SMDer) was just there Friday, after driving from Gatlinburg and the Outer Banks. They took the long way to Disney World!!

Kind of a weird weekend for me, Mothers day is always hard for me with my mom gone for almost 12 yrs now. I spent last nite in the ICU-CU at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit with my bestest oldest friend. Her 32 yr old son had an aortic dissection Friday. Thank God to fabulous nurses and doctors who recognized what was happening and transferred him to one of the best cardiac centers. His condition has a 80% fatality rate without surgery. Jay is doing well and should make a good recovery. Keep him in his prayers as he has a two yr old and his wife is due next month with #2.

Time to get moving, my DD is coming over but in the meantime I might get outside and do some yardwork.

I have been MIA for about two weeks, and most everyone knows why.

Wanted to drop in today just to wish all my ole friends and to be new friends a Happy Mother`s Day.

Lori prayers are sent for your friend`s Son and all his family as well.

Do remember all the flood and storm victims everywhere, in your prayers.

Things where I have been for the last couple of weeks have not improved a whole lot. But so many people are working so hard trying to make it better for those who has been affected by this tragedy and we will continue.

I plan to be there for as long as I am needed and at this time it looks as if that is going to be a long time.:(

We will do what we have to do, and at some point there will be some normalcy back in people`s lives.

I do miss all of you. Don`t forget me. I will post when I can...

Waving to everyone, and welcome to all our new SMDers....

Joni and Jim so happy that you are coming with us!!!!!;)

Good Afternoon Everyone..

Just a quick update on one of our Mateys...Renee went to surgery at 7:30 this morning and her mom (Dawn)reported that things are going well and she will update us later this evening. The surgery was to take 12-16 hours so we still have a looong way to go. Praying that the next few hours go quickly and the surgery is a success. :)

WELCOME JONI AND JIM!!!

We are hapyy to have y'all join us. Now where to begin? Hotel info and all excursions are posted on the business page. Again, please let me know when ya make you reservations for the flights and I will get shuttles assigned as soon as we get everyones info.

Betty - Hope your friend Renee is alright. That sure is a long time for any surgery.

The Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston, Texas!!!

==================================================

Come join us for the "Spirit of the "Magic"al Dream" cruise.

This official CC group cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Here is the list of those booked so far:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Andrea & Dave flippr5657, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Steven & Julie ChiBearsSuperFan & jbags58

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Migdelia and June San Antonio, 4C, anytime

Vickie and Kermit San Antonio, 4C

Madelene Fort Lauderdale

Pat & Sadie, East of New Orleans, 8c

Dale & Pam, Utah

Joni & Jim, Buffalo, NY

Who's next to be added to the list?

Here is a list of things that we will be doing while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director?

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director Bobbie

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Paradise Beach - Director Marie

Grand Cayman: Diving Tour - Tour Director Andrea

Beach Resort - Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle tour - Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

The official cruise hotel will be the Hotel Galvez in Galveston (information on the hotel is located in the business pages):

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at ******.com (JohnaN@******.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 . Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for the Carnival Magic, Feb 26, 2012.

Once you have booked with Johna, please let me know so that I can add you to the list.

So who will be next to join in on the fun? Don't be shywink.gif. Call Johna and book today. Come join

Rich, I will let you know when we get out flights. I think we will have to fly AirTran or SW and neither airline has released dates that far out yet. I wish we had that done already! We booked the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights and hopefully the flights will work out and we can arrive Friday. I would love to arrive 2 days before the cruise! Also, we are anytime dining and have an 8D cabin booked.

Betty or any other Mateys, if you hear anything about Renee, could you post here? I can't access facebook from work (they have it blocked on all computers) and I would love to hear that she is okay and not wait until I get home tonight to read FB. Thanks! :)

Have a good day!

Rich, I will let you know when we get out flights. I think we will have to fly AirTran or SW and neither airline has released dates that far out yet. I wish we had that done already! We booked the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights and hopefully the flights will work out and we can arrive Friday. I would love to arrive 2 days before the cruise! Also, we are anytime dining and have an 8D cabin booked.

Betty or any other Mateys, if you hear anything about Renee, could you post here? I can't access facebook from work (they have it blocked on all computers) and I would love to hear that she is okay and not wait until I get home tonight to read FB. Thanks! :)

Have a good day!

Joni, if I hear anything I will be sure to let you know. As of this moment, no word. :-( I do know it took them until 4:30 to do one side so that was 9 hours. If that is the case and it took them another 9 that would be 18 hours in surgery. Holy cow! Praying that she is doing well!

Bobbie and I are Flying in on Friday too. We don't have our flights yet either and are waiting for SW also. Maybe we can all arrive around the same time to Hobby and share a ride to the hotel.

Have a great day and I will post again as soon as I hear anything.:)

Thanks Betty. I really appreciate it. I saw that on FB that 4:30 was the 1/2 way point. That is unreal! I'm aiming for the Friday arrival, and maybe it will work out that we can all shuttle together. That would be a fun start to the trip!

Thanks Betty. I really appreciate it. I saw that on FB that 4:30 was the 1/2 way point. That is unreal! I'm aiming for the Friday arrival, and maybe it will work out that we can all shuttle together. That would be a fun start to the trip!

Betty and Joni, what in the world is your Matey friend Renee having done???Yikes :eek:

And I think having an extra day up front is going to be so fun.

If you are going into Hobby that shuttle is only $100 to Gal.

so the 4 of you would be $25pp.

I know that more will come in on Fri. and some will be going to Hobby,

so I bet you get 8-10 if you all just wait a bit and Shuttle together.

that will bring it down to $10pp:p

Joni..Renee's surgery was completed at 11:30 last night. 15 hours it took them. She is doing well and will be in ICU for a couple of days. Dawn said she was texting this morning so she must be pretty alert. :) Now I can pray for a speedy recovery.

Marie said it was a $100 for shuttle from Hobby so if we can all get there about the same time it would be $25 each. Not sure if that is round trip or one way. We have plenty of time to figure it all out.

Will keep you posted as I hear any more.:)

Joni..Renee's surgery was completed at 11:30 last night. 15 hours it took them. She is doing well and will be in ICU for a couple of days. Dawn said she was texting this morning so she must be pretty alert. :) Now I can pray for a speedy recovery.

Marie said it was a $100 for shuttle from Hobby so if we can all get there about the same time it would be $25 each. Not sure if that is round trip or one way. We have plenty of time to figure it all out.

Will keep you posted as I hear any more.:)

That is just one way, but my guess would be there will be plenty of us all headed back to the airports after the cruise,

so those will be easier to fill 10 at a time. $10 pp going to Hobby and $14pp going to Bush

No worries, as soon as the flights are all booked Rich will start figuring out the shuttles.

(or Chelle, she is working on ours at Bush)

I am really getting excited about seeing all my friends again, and having a blast too.

Betty, thank you! What an ordeal, huh? And she is texting! That's a good sign!

Marie, Renee had reconstructive breast surgery after having cancer. She's a doll and such a happy fun person! Hopefully her recovery will be quick and she will be home soon.

I hope the transportation works out so we can all share the expense. It's too bad the port/hotel is so far from the airports. Jim and I will be happy to sit at the airport and wait for others to arrive. Like you said, Betty, there is a lot of time to work that out! Right now, I am happy to be officially booked and know that we are going :)

Another post gone into space. And this time I forgot to copy it. OK, here we go again.

Good Afternoon SMDers. Another hot one here in south Texa today and still no rain. This makes 95 days without any rain in San Antonio. HELP.

Good to hear that Renee is doing well. Wow, 15 hours is a long time for any surgery. Wishing Renee a speedy recovery.

Joni - I will add y'all to the hotel list. Even though y'all will be coming in two days before the cruise, I will still try and get everyone together on the shuttles in order to save $$$. I will have plenty of shuttles there at the terminal waiting on us when we depart the ship on Mar 4th. (that will be much easier).

Betty - glad to hear that you had a blast on your retirement vacation. So, whats next?

Marie - have ya dried out yet. My water bill doubled as I have to keep watering the grass to keep it alive. It's cheaper to pay for the water rather then to have to replant the grass all together.

Matey Sibs...So glad your friend Renee is doing so well. Sure will keep her in the prayers for the long haul though.

Meds are fine, but there comes that time in between that kind of stinks...

Rich, I think there will be a few sibs coming in on Friday, just hoping there are 10 at each airport LOL

For us the pricing was better to come in on Friday, so why not spend that extra on an extra day of Vacation and a nice hotel in Galveston :D

And no Rich, still pretty wet but as you said 95 days no rain, we have had 95 with rain LOL

Today the sun came out around 3, but NO rain :D

Well here I am two days in a row.

Have a busy week this week and it is going to be hard to give time to the Red Cross, but I will go back and ready to work next week I hope.

I am directing a Wedding on Saturday of this week. Have to meet with the florist, caterers, and help the groom`s Mother with last minute rehearsal dinner stuff.

Plus the Bride is very hard to deal with as in, she can not make up her mind on things and time is running out...

Directing Weddings are not new to me, I have done oddles over the years, but this is the HARDEST that I have ever done..:eek::eek:

How do I get myself into these things???? I don`t know.:confused:

Anyway it is what it is, as Julie would say and I will make it...:p

Would not hurt tho if my friends here could think of me on Saturday and send up a small prayer on my behalf.:)

I am just so thrilled with all the positive reports on Renee.

She is such a sweet and amazing young lady. I do hope that someday I will have the opportunity to cruise with her and her Mom and Dad again. They are truly a lovely family.

So okay that is what is going on with me so I will say good night now.

Rich sorry you still have no rain....hang on it will happen someday.

We are having your 90 degree weather, was 91 today, however the rain is to start on Friday so will cool things down some..

I`m really gone this time.....

Archived