*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Hello everybody! We're back.

Had a fun time despite the large dent in the trailer bumper and being sucked dry from the bugs. Now that I've seen the Everglades I can check that off my list. :rolleyes: Discovered 10 am is a great time to drive through Houston. The least stressful drive through we've had. :) Surprised to find I gained only 2 lbs of course Gary lost 4 lbs. :p Weather was great, just one tornado warning the first night. :eek: Although we don't stay connected while traveling we did hear about the tornadoes and bin Ladin.

Glad to see we have a new SMDer.

Good evening SMDers.

Madelene - glad to see the Heat won last night. Now on to Miami for the next two games. I would tell ya to have a good time at the game, but I laready know you will:D.

Kathy - welcome back. Glad to hear that y'all had a good time, but what happend to the bumper:eek:? We have 4 new SMDers. Dale and Pam cruised with us on the Spirit cruise and Joni and Jim were with Janet and Judie's gang on the Miracle cruise this past Mar.

Is it time to cruise yet?

Hi West! Great to see you here on CC! I'm so jealous about your cruise to Alaska...I was there in 2002 with my mom and sister (stayed within the U.S.ofA. for vacation that year after 9/11). Before I even got back home I said I had to go back -- without Mom and Sister! Still haven't made it back though.

Madelene

Good afternoon SMDers. Busy day here today, but now its time to relax.

Joni - Vicki is on a cruise of Alaska now with her husban. I'm watching the weather and its cool and wet in places. Hopefully when we go it will be warmer and without the rain:p.

Madelene - time for game 3 tonight. I'll be watching your Heat!

Shouting out to all my SMDer friends..

I`m home from a rough Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in Tuscaloosa..

Really I should be there today, so much help is needed..But just had to let it go and get my mind wrapped around something different than devasation for awhile.

Was not prepared for the effect that it has on your body and mind when you see gloom and doom all around you day after day.:(

Oh well enough of that...I will be home for the next couple weeks at least.

Having jaw surgery on Tuesday, and that is not going to be the best thing that could happen for me.

Got to have some jaw realignment done and some wiring of the jaws as well...:eek::eek:

Liquids required for the first 5 days and then a mushy (whatever that is) diet for 2 weeks.... Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Anyway I will be here and not there for the next couple of weeks while I recover....so maybe I can get back to posting more..

I have been trying to keep up with reading, just not much time to post...

Happy for those that are cruising or about to cruise to Alaska...

Truly my favorite place next to Hawaii.

I am now plotting how I can return there for the third time next year.

This trip is not going to be a cruise tho.. We are thinking of doing the train to Seattle, fly to Anchroage, rent a car and do our thing. I want to stay at least 5 days in Denali (or Mt. McKinley which ever you prefer).

We rented a car and stayed 6 extra days at the end of our last cruise, still not enough time spent there.

I would have been happy to stay in Denali all that time.

Next time we need to double our time.

Well enough from me. See I`m gone a week and just keep going on and on...:D

Taking my Dad out to eat tonight so need to start getting myself together.

Do hope that everyone has a super week-end...

Waving to everyone!!!!! West great to see you here...

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry about being MIA again but have still been under the weather. Geez, if this is what retirement is all about, I am going back to work full time.:eek: Just about the time I am feeling good I get hit with another wammy!

Hi West, good to hear from you. Hope all is well in San Antonio.

One piece of HAPPY news this week on our Magic Cruise out of Barcelona..Price went down $800 and we got a $200 onboard credit and got upgraded to a Spa Balcony then Carnival added a tour to Monte Carlo and Monaco. WOW. I am in heaven now. Final payment is due in a month so that means it it getting really close. :D

Bobbie my dear sweet friend, hope all goes well Tuesday. I hate to see you have that done but I know it will make you feel better. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful and safe week-end. :)

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry about being MIA again but have still been under the weather. Geez, if this is what retirement is all about, I am going back to work full time.:eek: Just about the time I am feeling good I get hit with another wammy!

Hi West, good to hear from you. Hope all is well in San Antonio.

One piece of HAPPY news this week on our Magic Cruise out of Barcelona..Price went down $800 and we got a $200 onboard credit and got upgraded to a Spa Balcony then Carnival added a tour to Monte Carlo and Monaco. WOW. I am in heaven now. Final payment is due in a month so that means it it getting really close. :D

Bobbie my dear sweet friend, hope all goes well Tuesday. I hate to see you have that done but I know it will make you feel better. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful and safe week-end. :)

That was great teamwork on the Magic news Betty -- and the Spa Balcony upgrade was the only thing that would get me off the aft balcony! lol I'm so thrilled we're going to Monaco & Monte Carlo -- that's one thing I really wanted to do on this trip and now we will!!!

Madelene

Good morning everyone! Hi West--hope to see you here more often! Just a quick pop in, I'm off on a day trip with my DIL and DGS. Finally a beautiful day here, but more rain a coming. Have to go washing machine shopping too, not high on my list of what I wanted to do this weekend. But unless I want to wear dirty clothes.......... Have a great weekend!!

Good morning SMDers. There is a light drizzle out this mornig, but as least it is something.

Bobbie - you sure do need a break, but I could think of better things to do rather then jaw surgery:(. Your right, all that devasation is not good for the soul and it will be nice to have you back on the boards. We've missed ya!

Betty - WOW. a $800 reduction in price is alot. I'm happy that you and Madelene will be getting an upgrade and those tours. I would love to join y'all on that cruise, but I'm not yet retired. Hope you feeling better.

Madelene - I thought that the next game was last night, but its not until sunday. At least they get a few days off. Happy ya got your upgrade.

Lori - your right, I alot of other things to do on the weekend then to have to go shopping for a washer. Anyway, have a good time shopping. Did ya see my post about Fat Tuesday in New Orleans next year?

OK, back to work.

Turned out to be a nice day today.

I'm looking into taking a cruise in Sept as I have an airfare reward that I need to use prior to it's expiration. I'm keeping an eye on the rates as I think they will be cheapest about 45 days out. Anyone have any thought on when the best time to book is as far as cheapest rates?

Hope everyone had a good day today. I had my usual Saturday, running around doing errands. Tomorrow morning I drop the dogs off at my ex's and head to Miami Beach for a conference. I had to give up my Heat playoff tickets for tomorrow night's game 3 because of a business dinner but I refuse to give them up for Tuesday also, so I'll be there! I have no idea what I'm packing...ugh.

Madelene

Good morning SMDers. Another long day here at work for the next 12 hours.

Madelene - your going all the way to Miami Beach:eek:. I know that you'll have a good time (I know that I would). I still can't get over that fact that y'all got not just an upgrade and $200 OBC, but the two excursions is just great. Now, I'm the one that is jealous.

OK y'all, let talk cocktail party. We brought this up many months ago, but its now getting to where we should decide how long the party will be for. Our choice is either 1 hour, 1 1/2 hours or two hours. I'm now sure about the price, but I think past prices were something like this:

1 hour - $12.00

1 1/2 hour - $16.00

2 hours - $20.00

It might me more or even less and I will find out once we decied how long we want to drink:D. I'm going to send this out as an email also to get as many for those interested to voice thier opinions.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back later.

Good morning SMDers. Another long day here at work for the next 12 hours.

Madelene - your going all the way to Miami Beach:eek:. I know that you'll have a good time (I know that I would). I still can't get over that fact that y'all got not just an upgrade and $200 OBC, but the two excursions is just great. Now, I'm the one that is jealous.

OK y'all, let talk cocktail party. We brought this up many months ago, but its now getting to where we should decide how long the party will be for. Our choice is either 1 hour, 1 1/2 hours or two hours. I'm now sure about the price, but I think past prices were something like this:

1 hour - $12.00

1 1/2 hour - $16.00

2 hours - $20.00

It might me more or even less and I will find out once we decied how long we want to drink:D. I'm going to send this out as an email also to get as many for those interested to voice thier opinions.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back later.

Rich, one hour seemed like plenty of time.

but 1 1/2 hours would work also

2 hours, no one would make it to dinner LOL

the drinks were flowing like crazy at ours... and they didn't kick us out after the hour, the drinks just stopped coming.

But as stated before they left you with one or two extra at our party, if you asked.

Ours was at 3:30-4:30, so for those with Dinner at 6:00 a 2 hour party would be Drunk dinning time :eek:

But we are in for what ever the group ends up deciding

Good evening SMDers.

Kathy - welcome back. Glad to hear that y'all had a good time, but what happend to the bumper:eek:? We have 4 new SMDers. Dale and Pam cruised with us on the Spirit cruise and Joni and Jim were with Janet and Judie's gang on the Miracle cruise this past Mar.

Let's just say that if you are pulling a trailer make sure you have room to turn around. :o

Went to the Woop dee doo Review. Practiced my drinking. I am very happy after 3 glasses of wine. ;)

Shouting out to all my SMDer friends..

I`m home from a rough Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in Tuscaloosa..

Really I should be there today, so much help is needed..But just had to let it go and get my mind wrapped around something different than devasation for awhile.

Was not prepared for the effect that it has on your body and mind when you see gloom and doom all around you day after day.

Oh well enough of that...I will be home for the next couple weeks at least.

Having jaw surgery on Tuesday, and that is not going to be the best thing that could happen for me.

Got to have some jaw realignment done and some wiring of the jaws as well...:eek:

Liquids required for the first 5 days and then a mushy (whatever that is) diet for 2 weeks.... Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Anyway I will be here and not there for the next couple of weeks while I recover....so maybe I can get back to posting more..

I have been trying to keep up with reading, just not much time to post...

Happy for those that are cruising or about to cruise to Alaska...

Truly my favorite place next to Hawaii.

I am now plotting how I can return there for the third time next year.

This trip is not going to be a cruise tho.. We are thinking of doing the train to Seattle, fly to Anchroage, rent a car and do our thing. I want to stay at least 5 days in Denali (or Mt. McKinley which ever you prefer).

We rented a car and stayed 6 extra days at the end of our last cruise, still not enough time spent there.

I would have been happy to stay in Denali all that time.

Next time we need to double our time.

Waving to everyone!!!!! West great to see you here...

Sounds like a drastic way to lose weight (j/k) Mushy foods- applesauce, yogurt, mashed potatoes, things that won't choke you. :eek:

We enjoyed Alaska also plan to do a land only trip again.

Rich, one hour seemed like plenty of time.

but 1 1/2 hours would work also

2 hours, no one would make it to dinner LOL

the drinks were flowing like crazy at ours... and they didn't kick us out after the hour, the drinks just stopped coming.

But as stated before they left you with one or two extra at our party, if you asked.

Ours was at 3:30-4:30, so for those with Dinner at 6:00 a 2 hour party would be Drunk dinning time :eek:

But we are in for what ever the group ends up deciding

I agree, 1 or 1 1/2 hr sounds long enough and may keep me out of trouble.

Just read John Heald's blog, we may get him for our CD after all. Don't know how you all feel about him but I think he's funny. If it works out meeting him will be easier without all the bloggers.

Joni - Vicki is on a cruise of Alaska now with her husban. I'm watching the weather and its cool and wet in places. Hopefully when we go it will be warmer and without the rain:p.

Whew! I'm home and exhausted! It was a beautiful trip and the weather was great! Rich, let West know that I'll post an online album within the next few days and give you the link.

Juneau - We did the trip to Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center, it was beautiful there, it was a bit breezy but I'm always cold so it was not surprise that i wore my coat :). Then we rode up Mt. Roberts tramway and it was kind of cool. I wouldn't do it ag.ain for $27/pp though. However on the way down we did see a momma black bear and 3 cubs so that was neat and they have an injured bald eagle at the top so I took pics of her too.

Skagway - White Pass Rail trip to Frasier. I actually loved the train ride and we had and great guide for the bus trip down. We would really like to go back there one day. Very quaint little town with lots of history.

Glacier Bay - It did rain this day but my husband had went down and got us great seats in the Spinaker lounge at 6:00 a.m. and we stayed there until we left Glacier Bay around 3:00 p.m. I went outside once to take some pictures and was able to hear and see the glacier calve when I was out there. Pretty amazing!

Ketchikan - My ex-SIL took us around town and outside of town. She took us to an active bald eagle's nest, Saxman Village, Totem Bite, Settler's Cove...not sure where else. By this time I was kind of tired of the masses of people so we didn't even get out anywhere except Settler's Cove. We only had a few hours there anyway but it was gorgeous outside. The sun was shining and the pool was packed with bikini clad men and women when we were docked and as we left. You'll see in the pictures ;).

Victoria - We got off the ship and walked to a deserted Fisherman's Wharf. We were surprised that only one restaurant/food stand was open but it was okay. I didn't feel like going in to town so we went back to the ship and had 4.95 Margarita's.

The trip was just amazing...way more than I expected and I think we are going to plan it again for next year. I really enjoyed the Norwegian Pearl. The ship was beautiful and the service was very good overall.

Okay, I'm tired now and will talk to you all tomorrow....:)

Good Morning!

Just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to Bobbie. Tomorrow is surgery day and wanted you to know I am thinking about you and sending hugs your way. :) Love ya girl!

Vicki, can't wait to see you pictures of Alaska. I was there two years ago on the Spirit and loved it. Would love to go back someday, but may have to win the lottery first! :D

Rich, I am up for 1 1/2 to 2 hour party. With soo many people it is hard to visit with everyone in an hour time frame. Just my thought!

Have a great week!

Hey all! So, I was told that I needed to drop in...here I am! I missed everyone!!! :p Sorry for disapearing around here... I have just been super busy at work, and I can't bring myself to get on the computer at home after staring at a monitor all day.

Rich - I agree with Betty on the cocktail party...1-1/2 to 2 hours would work well.

It looks like there are a few people that I have not seen before, so I will introduce myself...I am Nancy. Hubby Asa will be traveling with me on this cruise. We have 4 daughters that we would like to bring along, but we are not sure it will work out this time.

I am going to try to catch up and read a few pages...or at least get an idea of what is going on here recently.

Good Morning!

Just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to Bobbie. Tomorrow is surgery day and wanted you to know I am thinking about you and sending hugs your way. :) Love ya girl!

Vicki, can't wait to see you pictures of Alaska. I was there two years ago on the Spirit and loved it. Would love to go back someday, but may have to win the lottery first! :D

Rich, I am up for 1 1/2 to 2 hour party. With soo many people it is hard to visit with everyone in an hour time frame. Just my thought!

Have a great week!

Thanks Betty, hopefully by this time tomorrow it will all be over.

Mine is the first surgery of the day and it is to begin at 7:00, but you know how that goes.:(

Nan glad to see you and yes I will confess, I was the one who ask her to drop in over here......because we miss your sweet self..;) Say hello to Asa for us and those girls too.

Welcome home to our Alaskan traveler (Vicki) looking forward to seeing your pics. It is so beautiful, in two trips I still can not grasp all the beauty around me when we are there.

Have to tell you that I once again wrote this loooooong post last night and this time I got smart and copied it just in case it went poof.

Well it did go poof and by that time I was ready for bed....Thought what the heck I will paste it in the morning.

This morning I read it over before I posted it and realized that I was talking about going to bed.....so had to deleted that one and start a new....:D

Have a good day all, I`ll be back asap.

Oh one last note, how ever long the group decides for the party is fine with me...Since I will only be drinking diet coke it doesn`t matter to me at all...I can talk one hour or two and a half and still have plenty to say......:p

Good Morning SMDer's

Boy howdy it has been a long week end

as in Birthday Fun....

Hi Nancy, welcome back to the thread LOL

Bobbie...I will be thinking/praying for you tomorrow

Rich I still think 1 hour drinks, 2 hours talking would be a good plan

Vicki, looking forward to see your photos, I would like to do Alaska again, but love warm cruises better.

Betty, thanks for the reminder for Bobbie

Never got on here to say hi to West

Hi West

and as for John Heald, I can take or leave him.

Not my cup of tea

Humor?

It might be funny sometimes, but it is always the same thing over and over.

If I want to talk about a bigs mans underwear, I can talk to my husband :eek:

And I don't care to hear about Megan Fox's butt or nasty Rumpy Bumpy with it one more time...But I suppose that is just me.

Good morning SMDers. Day off here today, but it's going to be a busy one. Got lots to do.

Vicki - glad to have ya back and to know that you had a great time. I kept an eye on the weather while you were gone and it looked for the most part that you had nice weather. We are going to Medenhall, but the tran I thought was a little pricey so we won't be doing that. I also noticed that we are only in Ketchikan for 6 hours and taking the bus back and forth to Totem Bite might take up too much time, so we will just do the walking tour. Welcome home.

Nancy - there you are. Yup, we have missed ya. Has it warmed up in Ohio yet?

Bobbie - We will be thinking about ya in the morning. The only thing about been first on the surgery list is that you have to be up at the BCOD or sooner!

Waving to Chelle, Marie, Betty and Kathy.

Looks like most everyone is wanting to go with a 1 1/2 hour cocktail party. I will be checking with Johna when I get back from Alaska about the pricing and then we can start get this process started.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Archived