*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

I have been talking to my husband and brother about this cruise. Have them half way changed their minds. They are not as bad as before about coming. We maybe still coming. My brother wants to cruise out of either Pt Canaveral or Galveston (which we have never done). I wanted any of Florida. I just kinda wanted 4 ports but I guess when you have a group like this one, I could do 3. I really enjoyed the ones I traveled with last year on Dream. Anyone give me any tips so I can persuade them. My brother and his wife are flying in from Seattle . That is why he doesn't want to go out of Ft Lauderdale because the flight is longer.

Ester I hope you're able to convince them to go - had so much fun sailing on the Dream.

A lot of European and Mexican airports/cities have openly armed police and military, but it isn't because the place is unsafe. You might want to look up the current travel advisory on http://travel.state.gov/travel/

The last Mexico advisory was issued in September 2010 for border cities. I went to Cabo in November and Cozumel in January and had no problems. Even Mazatlan wasn't bad and I traveled outside the city there. I think the places with a high concentration of "tourists" are better monitored or protected since the economy depends so much on them. Maybe if your group does one of the planned group activities they'll be more comfortable with going.

Hope you're able to convince them to go with us!

-Sherri

Good evening SMDers. Nice cool day today as we are suppose to get some rain, but nothing yet. I hope we do get some as we really need it.

Sadie - don't worry if Johna doesn't get back to you for a day or two. She is really busy and gets many calls and emails each day. She will get back with you though. Just keep thinking, I'm going on a great cruise:D. Let us know when your booked.

Esther - It sounds like they are chaning thier minds and hopefully y'all will get to join us. I sure hope so, since you know that they will have a geat time with this group. As far as being safe, I just was reading the other day that Cozumel is the safest place in Mexico, so maybe that will help. Anyway, has any of them been to Galveston yet? It really is a nice place to visit and yes we do have the hotel at a great rate. Its the Hotel Galvez and its 100 years old. Really a nice place with a alot of old world charm, plus there is the Strand that has alot of things to do there. I hope everything works out.

Marie - day off today? You don't get any sun in Oregon? The last time I was there, the sun was out for the day!

Kathy - remember, I'm not aloud to use the chainsaw any more:o.

Sherri - Good point, but I really don't bother with all that junk. Most of the problem is on the boarder and other then that, its people looking for things they should well leave alone!

We will take care of eath other (even if we do have to carry someone back to the ship:rolleyes:. lol).

Where is Cathy p? Did she decide to join the Mateys and not tell us? We miss ya.

Rich, thanks for the reassurance in regards to Johna. I guess business is booming for her...:D I'll let ya'll know when we are booked.

Is the group large enough to participate in buying a drink package? If so please count us in.:)

Rich, thanks for the reassurance in regards to Johna. I guess business is booming for her...:D I'll let ya'll know when we are booked.

Is the group large enough to participate in buying a drink package? If so please count us in.:)

Ya know, that is something that we hadn't even though about, but I can call and check to see how many we need to get the drink package. Now we are having a cocktail party and a pub crawl, but I will have to check with Johna to get all the info. I will let y'all know.

GOOD MORNING BCOD CLUB!

OK, I know its still early, but I have been up all night. I sent off a messge to Johna asking about the drink package, so we should hear something soon on that.

Did y'all see the pic that Lori posted of Grank Turk on FB? Man, what blue water. Makes ya just want to jump right in.

I was looking at the Magic layout and I did notice that the putt putt is on two different levels. Should be interesting for the putt putt tournament. I wonder if it is set up hereas you hit the ball and then have to walk down a flight of stairs to the next deck level to find your ball? I guess we will find out!

Back to work now. I hope y'all have a great day!

Ya know, that is something that we hadn't even though about, but I can call and check to see how many we need to get the drink package. Now we are having a cocktail party and a pub crawl, but I will have to check with Johna to get all the info. I will let y'all know.

Rich, First of all Good Morning everyone.:)

CCL requires at least 30 people in the group purchase the beverage plan and I have found that the beverage plan works for us (other cruiselines offer it to anyone without going through a group). I was just inquiring so I know whether or not we need to purchase through the Bon Voyage department.

What is a pub crawl and when is the cocktail party? Thanks in advance.

CCL requires at least 30 people in the group purchase the beverage plan and I have found that the beverage plan works for us (other cruiselines offer it to anyone without going through a group). I was just inquiring so I know whether or not we need to purchase through the Bon Voyage department.

Morning Sadie...

The Cocktail Party we won't know about the date or time till we are almost on board.

Rich will ask Johna to set it up about 45 days out from the cruise

We all will pay him, he will send in the $$ 12-20 depending on how long we want the party to last.

The pub crawl, is also waiting for a Date and Time. Sherri and Dale are putting that together.

I find that with going to the beaches (or what ever excursion) and drinking, having the Cocktail Party and Drinking, the Past Guest Party and Drinking, the Fun Farewell Party and Drinking, the smuggled Jello Shots (Cabin Crawl) and Riches Choc. Martinis, I can get away with buying one or two DOD and I am past good and on my way to oh so silly.

But then again the only time I drink is on Vacation, so I am pretty much a light weight.

But reading that back over again, man that looks like a ton of drinking.:eek:

Not really, just one or two here and there.

Morning Sadie...

The Cocktail Party we won't know about the date or time till we are almost on board.

Rich will ask Johna to set it up about 45 days out from the cruise

We all will pay him, he will send in the $$ 12-20 depending on how long we want the party to last.

The pub crawl, is also waiting for a Date and Time. Sherri and Dale are putting that together.

I find that with going to the beaches (or what ever excursion) and drinking, having the Cocktail Party and Drinking, the Past Guest Party and Drinking, the Fun Farewell Party and Drinking, the smuggled Jello Shots (Cabin Crawl) and Riches Choc. Martinis, I can get away with buying one or two DOD and I am past good and on my way to oh so silly.

But then again the only time I drink is on Vacation, so I am pretty much a light weight.

But reading that back over again, man that looks like a ton of drinking.:eek:

Not really, just one or two here and there.

I agree,it sure does! LOL Thanks for the information Marie.

I am also a lightweight drinker but I do enjoy a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and could not live without my breakfast Diet Cokes. Sometimes I buy a DOD (rarely) but thats about it other than water. My DH enjoys coffee, 7&7 (vacations only) or Budweiser depending on weather or mood.

I hope people don't think we're raging drinkers or anything but I guess I could come across that way.:o Pre paying for a beverage package has always been easier for me. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other just as long as I know prior to sailing so I can make arrangements.:)

Still waiting for Johna to call..................

Oh I would love a drink package!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what is an approximate cost of the drink plan if our group has enough interest and it is available to us?

Good evening SMDers. Hope everyone is having a great day.

First of all, here is what I received back from Johna about the drink package:

There has been a lot of buzz going on about the drink card. There has to be

a minimum of 50 people in the group and it's $55 per person per day.

Usually Carnival only approves the card for corporate groups so if it's

something your group is interested in, you would have to be approved, it's

not something we can just add on. Everyone in the group will have to

participate, no exceptions so even if someone doesn't want to purchase it,

they have to or the group as a whole will be charged. Hope this answers

your question. Let me know what you think.

Have a great day!

Johna

Now with that said, I don't see anyway that we will be able to go with the drink package. We have too many non-drinkers or those that don't drink very much.

"the smuggled Jello Shots (Cabin Crawl) and Riches Choc. Martinis, "

OK, I know nothing about smuggled Jello shots in Paula and Frankies room, Lori and Don's nor Cathy p and Kenny's rooms:eek:.

Now as far as Rich's chocolate martini's, well what can I say. There are really good:p.

Sadie - I know that you said that it would be you and you DH, Pat on the cruise, but we really don't know much else. What age group are y'all in and where do y'all live? Have ya cruise alot?

Sadie - a pub crawl is where we all meet at one of the bars and go from one to another while having some sort of game or trivia and a drink at each bar. I hosted the pub crawl on the Dream cruise and had a little trophy's for each winner at each bar and one overall winner, Steven. Everyone had some sort of hat or costume that they had on and we really have a blast. As Marie said, Sherri is hosting this one with Dale's help, so It should be something not to be missed. I hope this explains the pub crawl.

Vicki - I guess we were posting at the same time. Is that answer quick enough for ya about the drink package?

You are soooo fast! Yes, it was fast enough and as much as I enjoy beverage...I don't even spend that much on alcoholic beverages!

Good morning BDOC club and to all SMDers.

Well it doesn't look like we will be getting any drink packages from CCL at those prices. As Marie says, with all the drinking times (ie the cocktail party, past guest party and farewell party), I get enough for the price.

Busy morning, but had to drop in the say HI. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning,

I am very sorry to tell you but me & my group have to cancel this cruise :mad: We were invited to a wedding for a close friend of all of ours & have to switch the dates of our cruise ! Sorry I was really looking foward to this cruise, meeting all of you & the new ship ! I hope you all have an AMAZING time !! We are going with another Group cruise in April. Once again sorry ! I have already contacted Johna.

Lynda

Sadie - I know that you said that it would be you and you DH, Pat on the cruise, but we really don't know much else. What age group are y'all in and where do y'all live? Have ya cruise alot?

Good Morning Everyone.

I spoke with Johna yesterday and booked our cabin (7351) for this cruise. I'll be celebrating my birthday which is Febuary 14th.

DH Pat is 49 years old and I am slightly older. I grew up in New Orleans and DH is from Maryland and met before I retired from the Air Force from Andrews Air Force Base. We now live about 55 east of New Orleans.

Yes, we cruised before both on Carnival CL and Celebrity CL and while I enjoy cruising a lot more than my DH he will go annually. He prefers to just go somewhere and visit for a week or so and see everything all at once. (whats wrong with him?);)

Before I signed on to this thread and cruise I read a lot of different CC Group threads and it seemed as if this would be a good fit for us. (ya'll are so very welcoming). On previous cruises we have met some people through our Roll Calls and participated in group tours through those RCs we have never participated in a CC Group Cruise.

Good Morning,

I am very sorry to tell you but me & my group have to cancel this cruise :mad: We were invited to a wedding for a close friend of all of ours & have to switch the dates of our cruise ! Sorry I was really looking foward to this cruise, meeting all of you & the new ship ! I hope you all have an AMAZING time !! We are going with another Group cruise in April. Once again sorry ! I have already contacted Johna.

Lynda

Well, that is great news :p For the Bride and Groom that is

Very sweet of you all to give up your Cruise for their Wedding.

(There will always be another cruise, but hopefully not another wedding)

We always hate it when someone has to drop out, after we get to know them...

just remember to catch us on the next go round.

Nothing is planned yet after this one, but we'll get 'er done one of these days...

Think Hawaii 2013ish,

Thank you so much for coming back to say you had to cancel, as this is the only way Rich would know...

Make it a great day, your friends are lucky to have friends like you!

Good Morning Everyone.

I spoke with Johna yesterday and booked our cabin (7351) for this cruise. I'll be celebrating my birthday which is Febuary 14th.

DH Pat is 49 years old and I am slightly older. I grew up in New Orleans and DH is from Maryland and met before I retired from the Air Force from Andrews Air Force Base. We now live about 55 east of New Orleans.

Yes, we cruised before both on Carnival CL and Celebrity CL and while I enjoy cruising a lot more than my DH he will go annually. He prefers to just go somewhere and visit for a week or so and see everything all at once. (whats wrong with him?);)

Before I signed on to this thread and cruise I read a lot of different CC Group threads and it seemed as if this would be a good fit for us. (ya'll are so very welcoming). On previous cruises we have met some people through our Roll Calls and participated in group tours through those RCs we have never participated in a CC Group Cruise.

Yea, you are now a Sib....

WELCOME SADIE AND PAT

You guys will fit in great, we have crazies, drinkers, non drinkers, some who like to sit in the Cabin, some who like to do everything in our Family.

We do have a good welcome core of Peeps (many are in Aruba today)

Sadie, you put your Cabin # here, hey, does that mean you want to do a Cabin Crawl too :D

We will be doing one of those too :o)

Yea, you are now a Sib....

WELCOME SADIE AND PAT

You guys will fit in great, we have crazies, drinkers, non drinkers, some who like to sit in the Cabin, some who like to do everything in our Family.

We do have a good welcome core of Peeps (many are in Aruba today)

Sadie, you put your Cabin # here, hey, does that mean you want to do a Cabin Crawl too :D

We will be doing one of those too :o)

Yes, I'd love to participate in the cabin crawl.:D Thanks for the HUGE Welcome. LOL. I guess I better delete the cabin #. I don't mind if ya'll know but I just don't want lurkers (like myself prior to booking) know. LOL

Ah, Aruba! Wish I was there.:D It turned cold last night (58) and it is still rather chilly this morning.

UH oh, I can't seem to be able to edit the prior post with cabin #. Does anyone know how?

Yes, I'd love to participate in the cabin crawl.:D Thanks for the HUGE Welcome. LOL. I guess I better delete the cabin #. I don't mind if ya'll know but I just don't want lurkers (like myself prior to booking) know. LOL

Ah, Aruba! Wish I was there.:D It turned cold last night (58) and it is still rather chilly this morning.

UH oh, I can't seem to be able to edit the prior post with cabin #. Does anyone know how?

There is no deleting after 20 mins. I think if you really had to, you could ask the CC Admin to do it, but it is not that big of deal.

Don't worry about it, when those sibs get back from Aruba

this thread will start chatting it up again, and no one will be looking for a cabin number in the many pages LOL

It is hard enough to keep up sometimes, much less go back and find something

If you need to remember something from a post, write down the post #, that is all I have to say about that.

OK back to work for me, see ya all later

Good evening SMDers. Just back from the Spurs game and I'm depressed since they lost again:mad:.

Sadie -This is your official welcome to the group! We are glad to have y'all onboard:D

Once the Mateys get back we will start on things like the Cabin Crawl as well as many other things. But until then we will keep on. You say that your 55 miles east of New Orleans, so you must be near the Miss boarder?

Marie - I thought I was missing something, but I guess they deleted Sadie post since it not on the board any more, but it's still in your reply:confused:. I kept looking back and still couldn't find it and now I know why.

Lynda - so sorry to hear that you and your group won't be joining us. Just remember that we are a special group and would welcome y'all to join us in the future. Just in case something were to happen (as things do), you can always rejoin the cruise.

The Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston, Texas!!!

==================================================

Come join us for the "Spirit of the "Magic"al Dream" cruise.

This official CC group cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Here is the list of those booked so far:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Cathy & Kenny Cathy p, early dining

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Andrea & Dave flippr5657, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Steven & Julie ChiBearsSuperFan & jbags58

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Migdelia and June San Antonio, 4C, anytime

Vickie and Kermit San Antonio, 4C

Madelene Fort Lauderdale

Pat & Sadie, East of New Orleans, 8c

Who's next to be added to the list?

Here is a list of things that we will be doing while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director Cathy P

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Nachi Cocom Director Marie

Grand Cayman: ??? Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle Tour Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Chat Director – Cathy P

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

The official cruise hotel will be the Hotel Galvez in Galveston and those booking are (information on the hotel is on the business page):

1 Rich & West, 2 double beds

2 Vicki & Kimi, 2 double beds

3 Lori & Don, 1 queen/king

4 Cathy p & Kenny, 1 queen/king

5 Betty & Bobbie, 2 double beds

6 Chelle, Pat, Marie & Dawn, 2 double beds

7 Nancy & Asa, 2 double beds

8 Dave & Andrea, 1 queen/king

9 Jerod & Emilee, 1 queen/king

10 Kermit and Vickie, 1 queen/king

11 Kathy and Gary, 1 queen/king

12 Ron and Carmen, 1 queen/king

13 Madelene, 2 double beds

14 Lynda,Jennifer,Bonnie & Heather, 2 double beds

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at Crucon.com (JohnaN@crucon.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 . Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for the Carnival Magic, Feb 26, 2012.

Once you have booked with Johna, please let me know so that I can add you to the list.

So who will be next to join in on the fun? Don't be shy;). Call Johna and book today. Come join the party.

Rich, You are so very right about our location.:D We live on the Gulf Coast of Ms. in Pass Christian. We love living here and enjoy all the coast has to offer.

Now I need to make hotel resevations and then I'll have everything booked and ready to go.

Marie - I thought I was missing something, but I guess they deleted Sadie post since it not on the board any more, but it's still in your reply:confused:. I kept looking back and still couldn't find it and now I know why.

Rich, her post is still there, you must just be over whelmed from the loss of your Spurs :D

Rich, You are so very right about our location.:D We live on the Gulf Coast of Ms. in Pass Christian. We love living here and enjoy all the coast has to offer.

Now I need to make hotel resevations and then I'll have everything booked and ready to go.

Sadie, make them at the Hotel Galvez with the rest of us.

The info should be in the Biz pages :D

Archived