*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

[quote name='logbook']:( Hi everyone. Unfortunately, Jim and I had to cancel this cruise. We are disappointed, but we had to do it. It's been fun chatting with you! Hope you all have a great time!! I'll be thinking about you and crying that I am sitting in Buffalo in February! :p See some of you on FB![/quote]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]Oh Joni this makes me so sad.:( I was looking forward to cruising with you and Jim again.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=lime][B]We will just make plans to do it together another time... Don`t cry.....:D[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Rich looks as if DH and I may be in San Antonio around the middle of September.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]I was reading earlier today that the new stretch of the Riverwalk is soon to open. Since I love the Riverwalk and since I have two awards tickets that will expire in November and since we are taking the train(not flying) to N.O. for our Nov. cruise and since I want to come see the new addition to the RW I think we will be there.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Not sure that I posted here, (did on FB) that yesterday was mine and Ed`s 52nd. Wedding Anniversary.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]We had a nice dinner at a place in Tuscaloosa (located in the part of the city not effected by the tornado) called the Cyrpess Inn..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Lovely place, built on the banks of a beautiful river and the food was to die for...Great evening.....:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Ok that`s it for me today.... Not much happening here......Just heat...:([/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Good afternoon SMDers. Another hot, dry day here in SA.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Joni - sorry to hear that y'all have to cancel. But like Bobbie says, we will cruise together one day:D.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Kathy - I did see on the news about the fires and how they are now moving people out of thier homes. I'd hate to be in that position.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Bobbie - you will have to let me know when you are planning to be here. There is one of the mexican restaurants down on the river that has barges that we can go on and they serve you dinner while you cruise the river. Maybe we could do something like that? Either way, I will find something for nice for us to do! Just let me know.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Off to grab something to eat.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='satex'][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Just a soft reminder for those of us that booked way back with the $25 reduced deposit (remember when?). The second payment is coming due on August 29th and Final payment will be due on Nov 13th. We are getting closer and closer:D.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo]Making that first payment will make it seem more real!! Hi everyone!! I hope you all are staying cool and not melting like we are--99 today here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='leaderdogmom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo]Making that first payment will make it seem more real!! Hi everyone!! I hope you all are staying cool and not melting like we are--99 today here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo][B]would love another sunny day...maybe tomorrow:p[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue]Good Morning Everyone![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]A gloomy, gray day with more rain on the way. Storms in the night last night and more rolling in. They are getting into my pool time so now I have to stay in and clean house.:eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]Joni and Jim, I too am very sorry that you won't be cruising with us but hopefully we will another time in the near future. One thing for sure, I have a life long friend from the Miracle cruise. :) Actually, I have met many wonderful friends on the cruises that I have taken and am very gratful for all of the wonderful memories. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]I will be getting off of this cruise and three weeks later I am joining my brother and wife for an 11 day on the NCL Dawn to the Southern Caribbean and another two weeks on the Eastern Florida coast. Being retired is the bomb!:D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]Off to get some cleaning done then dinner and birthday party at a good friends. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]Have a great day everyone and stay cool! :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Good early morning SMDers. Getting off these midnights, its hard to sleep all night.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Still hot and dry here. We will be going into stage III water restictions next week. No more watering the lawn with the system and no washing of the cars. Boy do we ever need rain![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Betty - seems like your really enjoying your retirement. I can only hope that mine is as good! Sorry to hear about your pool time being cut:(.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Lori - one day your all rain and the next is 99 and hot. This past week has been 100 each day. Its now been 30 days since our last rain with temps over 90 each day:eek:.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Hi Marie[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo][B]Overcast and Sprinkly out over here...
But that is to be expected, with the Portland Rose festival going on this week, (Starting tomorrow)
the Parade is Rained on more than sunny. I think it is a 75/25 split. Rain winning the 75% LOL[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo][B]
Today really could be a perfect day for getting into the garden and picking out some weeds again.
No water restriction for me, I have a well
and as stated, it rains a lot here :p [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo][B]
It will have to wait til Jaxson comes over though. I have Addison at the moment, but she is sleeping.
Jaxson will enjoy the outdoors more.
Although now I have to chase him and watch him every min.
He is a dare devil[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo][B]
I am having real trouble, I keep looking at cruises knowing I can't go, but I keep looking for deals
I need to stop, it is driving me crazy :D
There is a great deal out of Seattle, all the way to Florida thru the Canal, but the timing is not good.
and it is not with Carnival
Not that it has to be, but hey $200 FCC, OBC is always a nice thing to have ;)
Oh well, by the time this one rolls around I will be past ready for a cruise.

Talk to you all later :p[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]Well think it`s time for me to check in and report on our weather too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]It is hot as heck right now. Rich we are about to be in the same shape as South Texas as far as the rain goes..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]So dry here the ground is almost like concrete...No rain in sight. DH is watering his veggie garden and some new trees that he planted last year in the back yard...Sure will be sad if we loose the garden and the trees..:eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Not any watering restrictions for us right now but we do not know what is waiting down the road if it does not rain soon.:([/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Marie we also have a well as does my Dad that is just across the driveway from our house......but neither has been cleaned or used for years.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]DH said a few days back that could be the next step.. Clean it out, fix the pump and use it for watering if not for drinking.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]OK housekeeper just showed up so got to try to stay low key and out of the way so that she can get in, do her thing and be on the way...;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]One other thing, maybe this has been talked about here and I just missed it. I was snooping around on the roll call for our cruise yesterday and found out there is a Radio Station sponsored group from Louisiana (I think ) on our cruise too.... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Seems as the talk over there is that it is quite a large group.......Interesting!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Bye y`all.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo]Happy Friday all! the sun is shining here for a brief moment, rain on and off day, more tonite. Weather is up and down here, upper 90's Wednesday, this am 52. Wish we could send some rain to you Rich and Bobbie! We have a well here as our only supply of water. Don't miss having city water and the bill that goes with it![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Good morning SMDers from Corpus Christi, Tx. We drove down last night after the sun went down. It's alot cooler driving at night![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Bobbie - Marie has visited the other Magic board for this cruise and invited them to come over to this board if for nothing more then to say Hi, however, no one has. Looks like the 14 day forecast is for rain here on the 23th and 24th. Wouldn't ya know, we will be in Alaska and we finally get some rain! Last time it rained in San Antonio we were here in Corpus.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Lori - no ground well here. We have to go with what ever the city tell us although there are some people that have real nice green lawns. Wonder how they do that without watering in the middle of the night so they don't get caught. The lady across the street was washing off her porch and sidewalk yesterday and city came by. Wrote her a $150 ticket for wasting water. OUCH[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Marie - I've been looking at other cruise lines also, but I'm trying for the white card with Carnival. With 25 cruises, you get the royal treatment and 25% off all cruises![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Time to get some breakfast. Hope y'all have a great day![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]I don`t even look at other cruise lines....I am just sticking with Carnival.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Unless........we have to cruise Hawaii on another line.... Hint, hint Marie & Chelle....:p[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]I just want to go back to Hawaii and I don`t care what plane or ship gets me there.:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Rich enjoy your stay in Corpus, are you just there for the week-end?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Oh and are you packed for Alaska??? Your time is getting short....You are going to love it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]DH says you can wear a camera out taking pics.:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Ed is leaving for Alaska too next month. His is a land trip tho. He flies from Jackson to Anchorage and then after an overnight layover on to Nome.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]He will be 14 miles North of Nome,(way in the boonies) digging and panning for gold.. His long time hobby......to much work involved for me tho.:([/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Have a great week-end ya`ll...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo]Good Morning and Happy Saturday SMDers!! for all of you lurking out there, we have only[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=6][COLOR=magenta]37 more weeks!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]before we cruise! I know everyone is busy with summer now, but stop in and say hi once in awhile. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Wow, $150 for a water fine?? I guess I can understand it, but you think they would go after the people with the green lawns to figure out how they are keeping them so green. Spray paint maybe?? LOL!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Gotta do some house cleaning, then going to a BBQ and bonfire at DS's house tonite. I'm going to try a new recipe for rum punch. Have a great weekend![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[quote name='leaderdogmom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Hi Bobbie!![/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]Hi back Lori!!! Thanks for the countdown...It is looking better each week.;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]Enjoy your evening with your family!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='leaderdogmom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo]Good Morning and Happy Saturday SMDers!! for all of you lurking out there, we have only[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=6][COLOR=magenta]37 more weeks!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]before we cruise! I know everyone is busy with summer now, but stop in and say hi once in awhile. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Wow, $150 for a water fine?? I guess I can understand it, but you think they would go after the people with the green lawns to figure out how they are keeping them so green. Spray paint maybe?? LOL!! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]Gotta do some house cleaning, then going to a BBQ and bonfire at DS's house tonite. I'm going to try a new recipe for rum punch. Have a great weekend![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Ok, you got me -- I need to just stop and say "Hi" instead of doing my usual drive-by! :) So Hi there! I hope everyone's have a great Saturday!!!

Madelene

Well, it's about time I popped in to say hello and introduce myself.

I am Susan, DH is Lee. We have two friends, Sylvia and Jerri, that live nearby and will be joining us, also. We live in the Houston area so will drive down the morning of the cruise. This is our eighth Carnival cruise, so obviously, we love the line and of course, the people we've met.

The most exciting part of this cruise, is that we are going to be neighbors with our dear, sweet friend, Madelene. We've cruised with her in the past and look forward to yet another visit. We have become aft rats, and one of the best parts of our trips is sailing away on our balcony....hopefully with a Captain Morgan and pineapple juice in hand!

We don't have excursions set up, but will probably do a catamaran/snorkel in at least one, if not two, ports. We've done these ports before, and don't really need to do Stingray City again, so will probably find a beach on Seven Mile Beach to hang out. We aren't big shoppers and a day in those amazing blue waters are paradise for us both.

We are signed up for the Chef's Table, after that experience on The Miracle, can't wait. Lee has done the Behind The Fun Tour on the Freedom and Miracle, and he may want to do it on the Magic, too. I went along on the Freedom, but once was good for my money.

We aren't booked as part of your group, but feel like you are all most welcoming to us strangers! I've been lurking for a bit, but wanted to stop and offer warm greetings!

Take care, all. Looking forward to meeting each of you.
Susan

[quote name='LetsSailAway']Ok, you got me -- I need to just stop and say "Hi" instead of doing my usual drive-by! :) So Hi there! I hope everyone's have a great Saturday!!!

Madelene[/quote]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]Waving back to Madelene too.[IMG]http://mail.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/22.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='cruisetexas']Well, it's about time I popped in to say hello and introduce myself.

I am Susan, DH is Lee. We have two friends, Sylvia and Jerri, that live nearby and will be joining us, also. We live in the Houston area so will drive down the morning of the cruise. This is our eighth Carnival cruise, so obviously, we love the line and of course, the people we've met.

The most exciting part of this cruise, is that we are going to be neighbors with our dear, sweet friend, Madelene. We've cruised with her in the past and look forward to yet another visit. We have become aft rats, and one of the best parts of our trips is sailing away on our balcony....hopefully with a Captain Morgan and pineapple juice in hand!

We don't have excursions set up, but will probably do a catamaran/snorkel in at least one, if not two, ports. We've done these ports before, and don't really need to do Stingray City again, so will probably find a beach on Seven Mile Beach to hang out. We aren't big shoppers and a day in those amazing blue waters are paradise for us both.

We are signed up for the Chef's Table, after that experience on The Miracle, can't wait. Lee has done the Behind The Fun Tour on the Freedom and Miracle, and he may want to do it on the Magic, too. I went along on the Freedom, but once was good for my money.

We aren't booked as part of your group, but feel like you are all most welcoming to us strangers! I've been lurking for a bit, but wanted to stop and offer warm greetings!

Susan[/QUOTE]

Hi Susan!!! I'm so glad you posted! I'm very much looking forward to that aft sailaway with my bestest neighbors ever! This will be our third (?) cruise together, and second as neighbors. You'll meet my roomie Carol -- if she ever gets around to contacting Johna! -- so we'll have more company on that balcony. Betty has met her and can vouch for how much fun she is. Hey everyone, Susan and Lee were part of my first Cruise Critic rollcall experience, on our Three Saints and a Miracle cruise. You guys are all gonna' love each other!

Madelene

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]Hey Susan.....now I am super excited.....:p[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]I did not know until now that you and Lee are on board too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]SMDers I know Lee & Susan as well... We cruised together on the Freedom...:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00ff00]You guys will love them too...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='cruisetexas']Well, it's about time I popped in to say hello and introduce myself.

Susan[/quote]

Good Morning Susan and Lee! Can't wait to see you guys again. Bobbie and I are roomies on this one with Madelene and Carol on the aft with you guys. Looking forward to some major fun times with a dod in hand.

Been a busy week-end here with an awesome cook out last night with a bonfire. Yep, it cooled down so much I had to have a sweatshirt and a blankie. Go figure!

Waving to everyone and wishing you a great rest of the week-end!

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Good morning SMDers.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Welcome Susan and Lee. I se that y'all are from the Woodlands north of Houston. You won't have far to drive to get to Galveston.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Betty - last night it cooled down to 78. We sat out on the deck and talked. Sure was different from the 90 degrees at 10pm in San Antonio.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Bobbie - I don't even have the suitcase out yet. I'm one of those last minute packers. We were thinking about panning for gold, but just too much to do in the short time we are there.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Lori - How was the BBQ and the rum punch? [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Madelene - Hi. I'll be watching tonight and hopefully the Heat will take it to game 7 and win that one. I just don't want Dallas to win:mad:.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Hi Kathy and everyone else.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='satex'][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Good morning SMDers.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Welcome Susan and Lee. I se that y'all are from the Woodlands north of Houston. You won't have far to drive to get to Galveston.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Betty - last night it cooled down to 78. We sat out on the deck and talked. Sure was different from the 90 degrees at 10pm in San Antonio.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Bobbie - I don't even have the suitcase out yet. I'm one of those last minute packers. We were thinking about panning for gold, but just too much to do in the short time we are there.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Lori - How was the BBQ and the rum punch? [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Madelene - Hi. I'll be watching tonight and hopefully the Heat will take it to game 7 and win that one. I just don't want Dallas to win:mad:.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Hi Kathy and everyone else.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support Rich -- I'll be there tonight sweating it out. We fought hard for home court advantage so let's pray it works!

Madelene

[SIZE=5][COLOR=SeaGreen]Hello All
Bobby, Marie and I are going to do the Hawaii after the Magic for sure, I have wanted to do Hawaii three cruises ago, So we are going to plan Hawaii next, no matter what.
We can't make any plans yet because retirement money is a little tight, and have to get the Magic done first. Have no fear we are going to get it done.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived