*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

[quote name='doddsm'][SIZE=5][COLOR=seagreen]Hello All[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=seagreen]Bobby, Marie and I are going to do the Hawaii after the Magic for sure, I have wanted to do Hawaii three cruises ago, So we are going to plan Hawaii next, no matter what.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=seagreen]We can't make any plans yet because retirement money is a little tight, and have to get the Magic done first. Have no fear we are going to get it done.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[/quote]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]Great just let me know when it`s time to book.....:p;):D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo][B]That's so funny, when I first read it I read it as
"Bobbi, Marie and I"
as if Chelle was saying the 3 of us are going no matter what.
And I do believe I read it right ;)
Then on second reading, I see Chelle stating to Bobbi,
that Chelle and Marie were going for sure.
But Yes so is Bobbi don't cha know :D[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Looking forward to hanging out with the girls again, Betty and Bobbie and Madelene, and Carol, too. Lee will be one happy guy with all of us women!

Madelene....felt your pain when I saw the news last night. I'm sure you, and your good friend John Heald, will be mourning your loss. I don't follow basketball at all, but was with you in spirit cheering on your Heat.

Hope Monday will be a good one for y'all!
Susan

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Good afternoon SMDers. Still yet another dry and hot day here in south Texas.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Madelene - I had to turn the TV off last night with about 5 minutes left in the games as I could see what was coming. Just makes me sick to think of Mark Cuban hold that trophy:mad:. OK, now you can look forward to the Magic in Sept with Betty:D.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Chelle, Marie and Bobbie - y'all can count me in on the Hawaii cruise. I'm not going to miss that one.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='satex'][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Good afternoon SMDers. Still yet another dry and hot day here in south Texas.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Madelene - I had to turn the TV off last night with about 5 minutes left in the games as I could see what was coming. Just makes me sick to think of Mark Cuban hold that trophy:mad:. OK, now you can look forward to the Magic in Sept with Betty:D.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Chelle, Marie and Bobbie - y'all can count me in on the Hawaii cruise. I'm not going to miss that one.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Win or lose, I never leave games early. But we left with 47 seconds on the clock last night. I just couldn't bear to watch the players' celebration and trophy presentation. I know I would have just sat there and cried. We weren't the first wave of fans to leave though so I toughed it out a little longer than most. It was just so heartbreaking. But they didn't play with the energy and heart they're capable of. They just didn't want it badly enough. I've refused to watch the news -- local and/or national -- and I've "hidden" the NBA Facebook updates. And that's that.

I hope everyone else had a better Sunday night -- and Monday -- than I did!

Madelene

Madelene, sounds like it wouldn't have taken toooo much to have a better Sunday night/Monday than you did! :(

Wanted to let you know that we're doing early dining on this trip....email me if you want to link our booking numbers, but if you guys want to do late, I totally understand!

Hope your week gets better.

And the same goes for the rest of you! It's so ridiculously hot and dry here, we are doing our summer hibernation.

Take care, all.

Susan

Madelene, sounds like it wouldn't have taken toooo much to have a better Sunday night/Monday than you did! :(

Wanted to let you know that we're doing early dining on this trip....email me if you want to link our booking numbers, but if you guys want to do late, I totally understand!

Hope your week gets better.

And the same goes for the rest of you! It's so ridiculously hot and dry here, we are doing our summer hibernation.

Take care, all.

Susan

Hey Susan, Bobbie and I are trying anytime dining so we won't have to go so late. Anyone interested in doing that?

Hope you're having a great week! Can't wait to see you again!

Hey Susan, Bobbie and I are trying anytime dining so we won't have to go so late. Anyone interested in doing that?

Hope you're having a great week! Can't wait to see you again!

We might do that Betty. For now we're signed up for late dining (actually I am, Carol's not booked yet!), but I'm thinking about switching. i know you and I are doing anytime dining in Europe. :) (I just love saying the "Europe" part!)

Madelene

Okey Dokey....let me know if you change your mind(s). I don't know how fast early fills, up so just wanted to give you the heads up!

I'll be living vicariously when you're in Europe. I'm thinking I may come down to Galveston to welcome y'all back on the transatlantic (and welcome the Magic to Galveston)! I could give you a lift to the airport!

Have a great day, all!

Susan

Okey Dokey....let me know if you change your mind(s). I don't know how fast early fills, up so just wanted to give you the heads up!

I'll be living vicariously when you're in Europe. I'm thinking I may come down to Galveston to welcome y'all back on the transatlantic (and welcome the Magic to Galveston)! I could give you a lift to the airport!

Have a great day, all!

Susan

I appreciate the offer Susan, but we won't be on the Transatlantic! LOL We'll be on the 12 day Grand Med on Sept. 25th. Barcelona, Marseille, Savona, Rome, Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik and Messina, back to Barcelona. I'd really love to do the TA next year on the Breeze. I'd only need a one-way ticket because it would sail me right back here to Miami!

Madelene

We might do that Betty. For now we're signed up for late dining (actually I am, Carol's not booked yet!), but I'm thinking about switching. i know you and I are doing anytime dining in Europe. :) (I just love saying the "Europe" part!)

Madelene

And you just keep rubbing it in....:D

You and Betty will cruise Europe while I am stuck at home.

Still trying to clean up from the April tornadoes probably....:eek::(:(

Good afternoon SMDers. Still hot and dry. Got to work and the temp gauge on the car said 102. I just can't wait to get to Juneau next week where it is 57 right now!

We also are doing the early dining since I don't like to eat late. I might try the anytime once, but I like getting to know your table mates!

Madelene - did ya hear about that tip that Mark Cuben left the waiter in South Beach? $20,000:eek:. As much as I dislike the man, I would wait on him.

Good afternoon SMDers. Still hot and dry. Got to work and the temp gauge on the car said 102. I just can't wait to get to Juneau next week where it is 57 right now!

We also are doing the early dining since I don't like to eat late. I might try the anytime once, but I like getting to know your table mates!

Madelene - did ya hear about that tip that Mark Cuben left the waiter in South Beach? $20,000:eek:. As much as I dislike the man, I would wait on him.

Rich I was just reading about Cuben and the $20,000 tip about 5 minutes ago.

I think the champagne cost something like $90,000....:eek:

Gosh I would like just a fourth of that for cruising money....;)

Rich I was just reading about Cuben and the $20,000 tip about 5 minutes ago.

I think the champagne cost something like $90,000....:eek:

Gosh I would like just a fourth of that for cruising money....;)

Holy crap! I wonder what restaurant it was! I'm always curious to know where the high rollers go when they're in town.

Edit: I just googled it, and it's the club at the hotel in Miami Beach where I just stayed for a conference a few weeks ago! (where my Chairman fell, and died a few days later). I know that a bunch of the Heat players hang out there, and I've heard it's uber-expensive and very hard to get into. Wow!

Madelene

Good afternoon SMDers. Same old story here, hot and dry.

Just got back from lunch. We took one of our co-workers to the brazilian steakhouse for her B-day lunch. I am stuffed, but happy!

Andrea and Dave won't be joining us on this cruise. It seems that the airfare is a killer from Victoria. It's going to cost them $1600 plus taxes for the air and they just don't have the time to drive. They will be missed.

Time to update the list.

The Carnival Magic is coming to Galveston, Texas!!!

==================================================

Come join us for the "Spirit of the "Magic"al Dream" cruise.

This official CC group cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Here is the list of those booked so far:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Migdelia and June San Antonio, 4C, anytime

Vickie and Kermit San Antonio, 4C

Madelene Fort Lauderdale

Pat & Sadie, East of New Orleans, 8c

Dale & Pam, Utah

Who's next to be added to the list?

Here is a list of things that we will be doing while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director?

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director Bobbie

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Paradise Beach - Director Marie

Grand Cayman:

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle tour - Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Countdown Director - Lori

Official Photographer - Jerod

The official cruise hotel will be the Hotel Galvez in Galveston (information on the hotel is located in the business pages):

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at crucon.com (JohnaN@crucon.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 . Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for the Carnival Magic, Feb 26, 2012.

Once you have booked with Johna, please let me know so that I can add you to the list.

So who will be next to join in on the fun? Don't be shywink.gif. Call Johna and book today. Come join

Just stopping by to move us forward.

We are kinda buried back here on page 4.:eek:

Where is everyone??? There are so many of our regular posters that has been MIA lately.:confused:

Sure hope they have not all gone on a cruise and left me behind.....:( That would be awful.....:D

Had just a tad of rain this a.m. around 1:00. Now I am thankful for any rain but......it was such a small amount that we hardly know it rained at all.....

Dry and HOT, that`s my weather report for today.....

Waving to all our SMDers.... Please come and say hello so that I know there are still peeps on this cruise...;)

Good afternoon SMDers.

Bobbie - no rain here, but still hot and dry. 101 yesterday and at least that much today.

Temps in Juneau is 58 with a high of 61 today. Wow, I'm ready for some cooler temps:D.

Hi!

Hot and dry here. There seems to be a wildfire on every border of our state.:eek: Can't wait for our "monsoon" season.

I'm sad to hear Andrea and Dave won't be coming. I remember our airfares to Vancouver were that much. Ugh.

Been busy reading the smoking threads..quite entertaining. I was wondering how many of our group are smokers. I'm a non smoker but don't mind smoke. If it gets bad I just leave (piano bar). I hope no one is thinking of canceling because of this.

Hi!

Hot and dry here. There seems to be a wildfire on every border of our state.:eek: Can't wait for our "monsoon" season.

I'm sad to hear Andrea and Dave won't be coming. I remember our airfares to Vancouver were that much. Ugh.

Been busy reading the smoking threads..quite entertaining. I was wondering how many of our group are smokers. I'm a non smoker but don't mind smoke. If it gets bad I just leave (piano bar). I hope no one is thinking of canceling because of this.

Kathy...I know that most everyone of the group that I have sailed with before are non-smokers...

Rich, West, Marie, Chelle, Betty, Madelene, Judi, Janet (we are hoping....she is trying hard to quit) Lori, Don and myself are non smokers. There may be others that just does not come to mind just now...

I have been reading about the fires out West...hope you and your family will all remain safe...

Rich I`m so excited for you and West that you are soon Alaska bound.....jealous too...You know I LOVE it there...

Good night my cruise friends...:)

Good morning and Happy Friday!! I'm off work today as we will be leaving for camping as soon as I get off my butt and get moving. Going to beautiful Holly State Park. We hope to get in several miles of biking with our new bikes. Weather should be nice too. Tomorrow nite is a surprise birthday party my son is giving for his wife. Should be interesting how he will pull this one off. 60 peoples rsvp'd and she doesn't have a clue. You all will get to meet Chris and Brandie as they are coming on the Magic with all of us.

I'm glad to hear about the new smoking rules on the ships. Some areas were too bad to even walk thru. Like on the Glory I think, to go to the internet room you had to walk thru the cigar bar. Now that was just plain dumb. For people like me with allergies it can be really bad. Good that there are still places for people to smoke though. I would like the balconies to be non smoking--most of the time it is ok but I don't like the cigar smoke and cigarette butts on my balcony, takes away from the enjoyment of it all.

Rich- I bet you are getting excited to go to Alaska, that's on my bucket list for sure. But for us SMDer's, we have only............

36 weeks (and 1 day)

before we sail!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Good morning and Happy Friday!! I'm off work today as we will be leaving for camping as soon as I get off my butt and get moving. Going to beautiful Holly State Park. We hope to get in several miles of biking with our new bikes. Weather should be nice too. Tomorrow nite is a surprise birthday party my son is giving for his wife. Should be interesting how he will pull this one off. 60 peoples rsvp'd and she doesn't have a clue. You all will get to meet Chris and Brandie as they are coming on the Magic with all of us.

I'm glad to hear about the new smoking rules on the ships. Some areas were too bad to even walk thru. Like on the Glory I think, to go to the internet room you had to walk thru the cigar bar. Now that was just plain dumb. For people like me with allergies it can be really bad. Good that there are still places for people to smoke though. I would like the balconies to be non smoking--most of the time it is ok but I don't like the cigar smoke and cigarette butts on my balcony, takes away from the enjoyment of it all.

Rich- I bet you are getting excited to go to Alaska, that's on my bucket list for sure. But for us SMDer's, we have only............

36 weeks (and 1 day)

before we sail!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks for the countdown Lori, it looks better and better each week.

Have fun camping and enjoy the party!!!

Looking forward to meeting Chris and Brandie on the Magic.....

We are in for fun times....;) I am excited already, but guess it is a bit early to pack.:)

Lori- Have fun camping, biking and partying.

Rich- Actually looked at your countdown clock.:o Just 3 more days! Have fun, Alaska is beautiful.

I like the looks of that countdown clock too! Makes it so much more real! Betty and I are now in double digits for our Magic cruise to Europe -- oops, there's that word again! Can't say it enough! :D

Rich, I am so jealous of your trip to Alaska. I want to go back so badly! It's so beautiful - and I bet you won't even mind the colder temps considering how hot it is back home! You did hear that Anchorage had an earthquake yesterday, didn't you???

Madelene

Archived