*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

I like the looks of that countdown clock too! Makes it so much more real! Betty and I are now in double digits for our Magic cruise to Europe -- oops, there's that word again! Can't say it enough! :D

Rich, I am so jealous of your trip to Alaska. I want to go back so badly! It's so beautiful - and I bet you won't even mind the colder temps considering how hot it is back home! You did hear that Anchorage had an earthquake yesterday, didn't you???

Madelene

Already warned you about saying the Europe "word"...:D

Earthquake in Alaska??????:eek::eek:

DH headed there next month...:(

Good afternoon SMDers. Another hot and dry one here today.

Madelene - I can't wait for the Alaska cruise and the cooler temps. Right now its 103 outside. Too HOT. We are not going to Anchorage, but I don't think we will have any problems with the inside passage.

Kathy - 3 days? I still have 3 days. Oh, I'm so ready now. West already has his suitcase out and has some stuff packed. Sorry to hear about all those fires. They tell us that we should get some rain next week. Go figure, we leave and it rains.

Speaking of those in this group that smoke, I don't think anybody from SA does smoke, so that new smoking polciy won't effect any of us. As I remember, Jerod smokes a cigar, but he is the only one that does. Janet, as Bobbie said, hopefully has quit. We are all supporting her.

Bobbie - from the looks of the weather forecast, it looks as if your going to get some rain this weekend. I know you will enjoy that as long as it's just rain!

Lori - have fun camping this weekend. Hopefully it will be much nicer then the last time y'all went.

Hi Marie.

Bobbie, maybe the earth quake un earthed some "gold" in them thar hills.

Oh what fun that would be for the hubby ;)

Bobbie, maybe the earth quake un earthed some "gold" in them thar hills.

Oh what fun that would be for the hubby ;)

Hey Marie love that thought!!!!:D

I told Ed to remember how great a nice big nugget would look on a pretty gold chain around my neck....:p

Yep, earthquake in Alaska. Here's the text of the article -- It doesn't sound serious though, and as Marie said, maybe it shook up some of the gold in them there hills! ;)

ANCHORAGE, Alaska, June 16 (Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.2 rocked the Anchorage area on Thursday morning.

The moderate quake, centered about 50 miles southwest of Alaska's largest city, struck at 11:06 a.m. Alaska time, according to the National Weather Service's West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center.

No damage reports came in immediately after the earthquake, said Paul Whitmore, director of the center, which is based in Palmer, Alaska.

"We haven't received any, and we don't expect any tsunami danger from it, either," Whitmore told Reuters.

No tsunami warning will be issued, the center said in a statement.

Many people in Anchorage and outlying communities reported feeling the quake, which struck Alaska's most densely populated region, Whitmore said.

The epicenter was on the Kenai Peninsula, near the community of Nikiski, according to the center

(Reporting by Yereth Rosen, editing by Dan Whitcomb)

Good morning SMDers. My last day of work before headed up north:D.

Bobbie - would that big old gold nugget look better on that ring finger? Or would it be too much weight on your hand:rolleyes:. lol

A 5.2 earthquake isn't bad. It's just enough that lots of folks feel it and gives everyone something to talk about. ;) Grew up in SoCal so I'm used to earthquakes but have to admit the Northridge quake did worry me and we were on the outskirts of that one.

I vote nugget on a chain around the neck. I think it would be too lumpy for a ring. :D

Hello All!

Another hot hot hot day in the Houston area.....dry, too. Starting to look like late August instead of June, things are drying up and blowing away.

Madelene, I have no idea why I thought you were doing the TA! I think I am going to hit Galveston the day she sails in, though. It's a quick 90 minute trip from here.

Lee and I don't smoke, and I personally can't stand the smell of cigars and/or cigarettes. In February we were on the Miracle and the piano bar was non smoking.....it was mostly empty, but I believe that's because the entertainer was mediocre...at best. At least I know our fabulous balcony neighbors won't be smoking on their balcony on the Magic!

Going out for pizza tonight for pre-Father's day. Lauren is living in South Korea for the next three years, so Lee and I are taking the Dad of some good friends out to celebrate with us tonight. He just put his wife and two daughters on the Freedom today for an eight day girls cruise. What a guy, wish he'd adopt me!

Take care, everyone!

Susan

Good evening and Happy Fathers Day everyone.

Nothing new on the weather front here as it's still hot and dry.

OK gang, I've gotten everything done except to finish putting some stuff in the suitcase. Got to get up early in the morning as our flight is at 6:30am and off to Seattle we go. Seems like it's been so long since we booked this cruise and it's finally here. I will check in from the hotel tomorrow night before we board the Carnival Spirit on Tuesday. Have a good night.

Good evening and Happy Fathers Day everyone.

Nothing new on the weather front here as it's still hot and dry.

OK gang, I've gotten everything done except to finish putting some stuff in the suitcase. Got to get up early in the morning as our flight is at 6:30am and off to Seattle we go. Seems like it's been so long since we booked this cruise and it's finally here. I will check in from the hotel tomorrow night before we board the Carnival Spirit on Tuesday. Have a good night.

Ya`ll have fun Rich.....even if you are leaving us behind.:p:D;)

Good evening SMDers from cool Seattle:cool:. It's 65 degrees out right now and when we left the house this morning it was 78 at 5am. Wow, what a difference!

Marie - did ya see me waving as we flew over Oregon?

Got the shuttle to pick us up at 10:30 in the morning to take us to the terminal and then we will be off to Alaska. Finally, after all these months, Alaska here I come:p.

We will be stopping in Victoria next monday and Andrea and Dave will be picking us up and showing us around. I'll be sure to say Hi for everyone.

OK, until next week. Hope y'all have a great one.

Rich I have a first cousin that is also in Seattle visisting her daughter.

She just text me to say how great the temp is and how much she is enjoying the cool days.:)

Now you enjoy your cruise and give both Andrea and Dave a hug from all of us...

Tell them how much we are going to miss them on the Magic.....:( maybe they will then reconsider....

Rich I have a first cousin that is also in Seattle visiting her daughter.

She just text me to say how great the temp is and how much she is enjoying the cool days.:)

Now you enjoy your cruise and give both Andrea and Dave a hug from all of us...

Tell them how much we are going to miss them on the Magic.....:( maybe they will then reconsider....

Madeline I don`t know the answer to your question about Rich and West`s cabin, but I just noticed you are booked on the Elation...

I love that ship....;) Really do not know what there is about it that makes me love it so much I just do...:)

Good to know that you will be cruising on her. Hope you will enjoy her as much as I do.

Madeline I don`t know the answer to your question about Rich and West`s cabin, but I just noticed you are booked on the Elation...

I love that ship....;) Really do not know what there is about it that makes me love it so much I just do...:)

Good to know that you will be cruising on her. Hope you will enjoy her as much as I do.

Thanks for the head's up about the Elation Bobbie. :) That's my "cruise orphans" trip - a few of us who met on the Splendor Swine Flu Mexican Riviera drive-by cruise (the one where all our ports got cancelled and we ended up in San Francisco!). We all had a blast though and forged a great friendship during our six days at sea! We all sailed together again the following year on the Victory -- with six ports on that itinerary we figured we couldn't miss ALL of them! I've never sailed out of New Orleans before, so that will be interesting. I've been on the Fascination and Imagination numerous times, so the Elation should feel like home. :)

Madelene

Thanks for the head's up about the Elation Bobbie. :) That's my "cruise orphans" trip - a few of us who met on the Splendor Swine Flu Mexican Riviera drive-by cruise (the one where all our ports got cancelled and we ended up in San Francisco!). We all had a blast though and forged a great friendship during our six days at sea! We all sailed together again the following year on the Victory -- with six ports on that itinerary we figured we couldn't miss ALL of them! I've never sailed out of New Orleans before, so that will be interesting. I've been on the Fascination and Imagination numerous times, so the Elation should feel like home. :)

Madelene

You will love the cruise from N.O. That happens to be my favorite port to cruise from. Fort Lauderdale being my next favorite..;)

Since Mobile is going to be history soon, New Orleans will become my home port.

I`ve sailed from there several times and will again in November...:)

Ed and I are going on the Conquest the 13th.

So many things to do and see in New Orleans and I love, love,love being on the River...

I think that I`ve said this here before. One of the loves in my life is the Mississippi River.....;)

We are taking Amtrak to N.O. just for a fun change and also not to have to worry about parking. Will be there the day before and the day after our cruise.

Doing the WW2 museum and steamboat dinner cruise on our last day.. City and 9th. Ward tour our first day.

Does anyone here happen to know Rich & West's cabin number on the Spirit this week??? I'm working on something...and that would help!

Madelene

Nope, wish I did.

You do know Riches last name Right (ZIKE)

that should help if you are doing something

through someone who has a little pull

with the Carnival People :D

And West's last name is Becker, and West is not his real first name,

But I am not sure that he wants everyone to know it.

Check your FB and you will see it there.

Nope, wish I did.

You do know Riches last name Right (ZIKE)

that should help if you are doing something

through someone who has a little pull

with the Carnival People :D

And West's last name is Becker, and West is not his real first name,

But I am not sure that he wants everyone to know it.

Check your FB and you will see it there.

Aah, so that's what that was! lol Yes, I was trying to do something through someone I know on the ship. Are you reading my FB? lol I did give him Rich's first/last name so that should help if he goes through with it. We'll see...

Madelene

Archived