*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

I got an email from Cathy saying she and Kenny have been busy all day packing for the move. She just jumped online to email me because I worry about her when she doesn't email me daily.

So far they are fine from the rain, just sick of it... who wouldn't be? I hope they get some relief soon.

Evening all! If anyone has any warm weather, send it my way ok? We are going camping this weekend, highs in the low 50's, lows upper 30's :eek::eek: Last week it was 87. Gotta love Michigan :D

I've been working on my plans for my Nov trip to Arizona and Las Vegas. Anyone have any ideas of things I should not miss in the area?? I'll be with my brother in the Kingman area ( Hi Janet--don't forget about our dinner date!! not sure which days yet). I'm not thrilled with the thought of a long plane ride tho.

Tomorrow starts our flu clinic, sure to be busy at work the next few weeks. I get to leave at lunch tomorrow for my camping trip-- yea!!

No laundry tonite for me Mimi, just bill paying. I think laundry is more fun!

Happy packing Cathy!!

Hi Rich, Marie, and welcome Nancy!!! I'll miss you on the Miracle but will see you on the Magic!!

Lori - I'm not trading with weather in for nothing. This morning it was 62 and warmed up to (are you ready for this) 87. Sorry, I won't give it up, but I will share;).

Nothing back from either Johna or Laura yet

Yes, happy that you are back Betty,

but I bet you had a wonderful time...

Thanks rich for saying I can post anywhere :p

Janet, did I confirm something, I think I was just confirming what you got back from Johna...

I was hoping that the Group Pricing was going to stay the same for those Groups already formed with CC.

Rich are you looking into that for this group?

Nope. All the group prices are gone come Nov. 1st. As well as the 25 dollar deposit. So anyone that wants the group rates need to book before Nov. 1st as well. So Nov 1st, my group, this group, Marie's group, Sheryls group...ALL the groups discounted rates will no longer be in effect. Bookings will cost the full Carnival price.

Any new group has 30 days from the time they are given the prices until the rate goes away and people will have to pay full price. This was confirmed to me by Johna. I can forward the emails to you guys if you want me to. Can you imagine trying to get a group all interested and booked within 30 freakin' days? I can only think of one person on CC that could do that. Certainly none of us! So I guess thats one more reason I will be using Royal Caribbean again. And the possible groups thread on carnival better go for a long time without knowing the prices to get enough people to book at a moments notice.

Good morning y`all..

Nothing much new from here going on.

Have to take Izzy to the groomer, get allergy shot, buy groceries and by that time the day will be over..

Lori have fun camping. Hi to Marie, Janet, Rich, Poofy and Nancy.

I have quest coming for the week-end so may or may not get time to post.

Wishing everyone a good & safe week-end...

Good Morning all!

I tried a new method for cooking chicken. Ok, it's obviously not new, but it's new for me. I purchased a new pair of kitchen sheers for this recipe. You cut the backbone out of a whole chicken, press it down flat, pat it dry, sprinkle salt pepper and garlic powder. Preheat over to 375, get a big non stick skillet or a cast iron skillet nice and hot with a tbsp of olive oil and butter. Put entire chicken skin side down in pan for 3 minutes.

Transfer to oven for 45 minutes into a roasting pan skin side up and chicken is done. Saves a TON of time from roasting a whole chicken.

Came out perfectly juicy and all meet nice and white (no pink). I broke up into pieces and poured bbq sauce all over in a pyrex. This will be part of our bbq dinner tonight, with a slab of ribs and a bunch of sides and salad.

Now that you're drooling, I'll wish you all a fabulous day! :)

Janet - looks to me like Carnival just keeps shooting them selfs in the foot. I'm still waiting to hear back from Johna on a few things, and one was the question about the group rates still being good. This really sucks.

So, there ya'll have it. It you want to book this cruise and you want the reduced deposit and or the group rate, you will have to book this cruise prior to Nov 1. After Nov 1, you will pay the full Carnival rate for this cruise. The closer to the cruise we get, the higher the price of the cruise will increase. I still think we have a really good rate and with the amenities it just makes it that much better.

Hello out there anyone want to join my Arc, I have a bit more room left. That is what we packed yesterday.:D

What a horrid night and day, rain so hard you could not see out the window. My raingage messured 12.4 inches of the wet stuff. The sun peeked out today. Kenny stayed home with me as the dogs are horrid with rain so he could open the jaws of life on their mouth and give them some night night pills. These are for storms for them. I felt so sorry for them and since he was home what a great time to have him help me pack. He was thrilled I could really tell.:D

Bar night tonight so chat tomorrow. Love you all,

Good afternoon ya'll. Another great day here today (I'm lovin this weather:D)

Cathy p - And your moving to Florida:eek:. Those poor dogs (The will never come off the meds with all the storms they get there!). Glad to hear that your getting stuff done. Have a good time at the bar tonight!

Andrea - I know that you have heard back from Johna (email from her today) and YES you are official and we are so glad!

I'm doing some figuring and I am going to find out what the going rate for this cruise is now. Back later with the lastest update from Carnival via Johna.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

OK all SMDers and lurkers, here is what I received back from Johna in reference to the group cruise rates and amenites:

“Anyone who books after November 1 will book at the prevailing rate and full deposit but they WILL get the group amenities. If anyone is interested in booking at the reduced deposit and current rate, they need to do it before November 1. Let me know if you have any other questions.”

So, if you are interested in booking this cruise, you will need to do so prior to Nov 1 (Oct 29th with Johna) when the group rate goes away. Since I’m not allowed to put our group rate on the board yet, (since we still haven’t gotten a business page from Laura) let me just say that the “prevailing rate” for this cruise if you were to book today without the group rate is as follows:

4B Inside - $788.43

4C Inside - $798.43

8B Balcony - $1128.43

8C Balcony - $1148.43

I have obtained this information directly from Carnival Cruise lines themselves. Bottom line is that if you want to book with the reduced deposit, pay the full deposit or pay for the cruise all together, you will save over $100 per person with the group rate. After Nov 1 the group rate goes away and you will have to pay the full price. You will still get the amenities, but you will pay more. And as we all know, the closer you get to the cruise, the more it will cost.

So, if you are interested in this cruise, please, email Johna (JohnaN@crucon.com) or call her at 1-800-493-6609 to at least get it booked. Thanks ya’ll

No, I don't. I was waiting for Laura on the business page to get alot of this stuff done, but I guess we will go ahead.

So, now where to I go to get a banner started? (where's Chelle when you need her?)

What do ya'll think about this one?

Rich I LIKE the banner ok, but it`s not large enough.

I need one that I can see better...Old eyes you know.:eek:

The news that I want to post is that I just talked to Betty awhile ago and she & I will be booking this cruise on Monday, or whenever Johna will call be back.:)

So we are about to be in with the gang!!!!:p

Archived