*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

I am so bummed! My birthday cruise is 99% sure it's going to cancel. In case you are living under a rock today, the Splendor caught fire this morning. The engine room to be exact. It took 3 hours to put out, and it reflashed 45 minutes later. Jerod called me an hour or so ago and he is listening to his marine radio. He can hear them talking about the Splendor. It's on fire again!

the coast guard is on their way to the Splendor, but right now they have only one emergency generator running. Only emergency lights and the bridge are operating. No electricity, no air, no refrigerators, no cooking.

Obviously the cruise is terminated and they are trying to limp their way back to LB.

Happy freakin birthday to me. We already bought airfare, hotel, shuttles. So Judie is going to be out a lot of money if it does cancel.

It is very sad Janet, but it could be worse, this week could have been your Birthday Cruise on the Splendor...

Think about the 2500 people who are having the worst cruise ever at the moment...

What day are you flying home from the cruise

you could do a B2B on the Carnival Paradise. Leaving the 21st and back on the 28th..I think

Janet, I'm really sorry about you B-day cruise and I'm sure that Carnival will reimburse ya'll or at the very least give you credit since this is in no way your fault. But, still the cost of the airfare, shuttles and hotel. What about the Spirit out of San Diego? We have some friends there that can hook up up:).

It is very sad Janet, but it could be worse, this week could have been your Birthday Cruise on the Splendor...

Think about the 2500 people who are having the worst cruise ever at the moment...

What day are you flying home from the cruise

you could do a B2B on the Carnival Paradise. Leaving the 21st and back on the 28th..I think

At least those people are getting a full refund, and a free cruise in the future and all the costs of changing their airfare. This is the only week Judie could SNEAK away. So if it cancels we are SOL.

I don't mean to discount the disappointment of losing a cruise for anyone. Those onboard now, or next week or however long it takes to fix the ship. I am only saying that I am disappointed too. This will make twice in one year! Hopefully it will be fine, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Janet, I'm really sorry about you B-day cruise and I'm sure that Carnival will reimburse ya'll or at the very least give you credit since this is in no way your fault. But, still the cost of the airfare, shuttles and hotel. What about the Spirit out of San Diego? We have some friends there that can hook up up:).

I checked into it. It leaves the same day as the Splendor but goes a day longer. So there would still be changes to the airline tickets and hotel. But the main problem is that it is over 400 dollars more. And there are only 10 cabins left. And we can't cancel this one until we know what Carnival is going to do. Not to mention that we wanted to go on the Splendor cuz it has the big screen and the T-pool in the spa.

Hi all

You have been very chatty!!! I am a Bad director. I haven't looked into the Cayman stuff yet but I will. My poor little pet bunny got sick early in the week and then died on Sunday. I know she was just as dumb old bunny but I loved her :(

Oh and psssssssssst :cool: I will be celebrating a milestone birthday on this cruise. I expect a princess tiara and birthday cake.

Loving the energy I feel over here. That first tour that Janet mentioned sounds real good too. I love water and I love Margaritaville. :)

Hmmmmmmm I sure say love a lot.

Rich that sounds like a great deal on the hotel! But I thought we were leaving out of Galveston :confused: Is my blondeness showing?

Hi all

You have been very chatty!!! I am a Bad director. I haven't looked into the Cayman stuff yet but I will. My poor little pet bunny got sick early in the week and then died on Sunday. I know she was just as dumb old bunny but I loved her :(

Oh and psssssssssst :cool: I will be celebrating a milestone birthday on this cruise. I expect a princess tiara and birthday cake.

Loving the energy I feel over here. That first tour that Janet mentioned sounds real good too. I love water and I love Margaritaville. :)

Hmmmmmmm I sure say love a lot.

Rich that sounds like a great deal on the hotel! But I thought we were leaving out of Galveston :confused: Is my blondeness showing?

Well, your blondeness might be, but if you were to keep up with the board:rolleyes::p, you would know that we are going on a cruise out of Miami next month for West's B-day and staying in Ft Lauderdale for the night and shuttle to Miami in the morning. Now, do you want to go? lol

Good morning, SMDers!

First of all, Andrea, I am so sorry about your bunny. I feel so bad. We had a little ginea pig when my kids where younger and he lived for years. He use to run to the fridge and we would open it, put a carrot on the edge and he would grab it and run to where the kids where watching TV. He would sit between then like he was watching also. What a love. When he died my ex and I took turns holding him and both of us crying as he died in the ex's hands. So your bunny is up in heaven with my Brownie.

I must be out in space as I have not heard the news about the Splendor until now. Janet I am so sorry but I just know it will work out for both you and Judie.

Now on a happier note, I have 11 more days before we leave for Florida. Can you all say the Cat is a happy person. Here we go one two three....THE CAT IS A HAPPY PERSON! Gee thanks guys.

OK off to Looney land, chat later.

Morning, Rich, congrats on the new cruise booked.

Morning Cathy, kind of slow over here this morning...

Slow on the Looneys thread too

Hoping for good news about the Splendor

I am sure they will be fixing her as fast as possible

too many $$ down the drain with out her sailing.

Quoting JH Blog Sunday Morning after they left port.

"John Heald so after a long long day we finally set sail.

I am hoping for an incident free cruise but........

since being here I cant remember one where something or someone strange hasn't happened.

Lets see what this cruise brings."

Bet he doesn't make statements like that again anytime soon!

Well, your blondeness might be, but if you were to keep up with the board:rolleyes::p, you would know that we are going on a cruise out of Miami next month for West's B-day and staying in Ft Lauderdale for the night and shuttle to Miami in the morning. Now, do you want to go? lol

well thankyou for clearing that up for me Rich. I thought I did catch up on my reading, as I CLEARLY remember reading about pole dancing ;)

Cathy thankyou for your kind words my sweet friend. I will be counting the sleeps until you leave for Florida :) Have you got a place already? I am so out of the loop.

well thankyou for clearing that up for me Rich. I thought I did catch up on my reading, as I CLEARLY remember reading about pole dancing ;).

Isn't it funny what we remember? Here is Kimi & I at our Disco Inferno (thus the 70's looking clothes) weekend last November on Kimi's pink pole! The beams in the lodge were a bit too tall so we had to rely on a can of peaches to hold the pole upright...but hey, it worked! LOL

75347_1689456482799_1429321339_31744684_4734487_n.jpg

Rich,

While you were cruising, I was told that you are the one to tell me all about which airport to fly into and the best way to get to the pier. I know we are way far out, but I'm a planner and it's driving me crazy not knowing these things LOL.

well thankyou for clearing that up for me Rich. I thought I did catch up on my reading, as I CLEARLY remember reading about pole dancing ;)

Cathy thankyou for your kind words my sweet friend. I will be counting the sleeps until you leave for Florida :) Have you got a place already? I am so out of the loop.

Yes, my dear friend we are moving to Lady Lake about 63 miles NW of Orlando.

I am trying to cancel Verizon phone and interent. I had a password and forgot it. I did that because of DGS and now I can't find it so they won't make any changes. I guess I will have to not pay the bill and they will shut it off. I sent the form back 3 weeks ago and they still don't have it. So a rep is emailing one so I can fax it to him and so far have not rec'd that. I am so ticked.

OK off my soapbox for now.

Isn't it funny what we remember? Here is Kimi & I at our Disco Inferno (thus the 70's looking clothes) weekend last November on Kimi's pink pole! The beams in the lodge were a bit too tall so we had to rely on a can of peaches to hold the pole upright...but hey, it worked! LOL

75347_1689456482799_1429321339_31744684_4734487_n.jpg

As my mom would say

Oh my word....:eek:

I thought you were joking around when you said Kimmy sells them :D

That is hysterical, they have poles that really go from place to place.

Did you ever see that vedio on u tube of the lady doing the whole pole dance thing for her hubby,

and it let loose and she fell through the glass table...

I hate to say it but that too was Hysterical...

You two will fit in just fine with this bunch.

Ok, what is the motto...

What happen on the Cruise ship stays on the cruise ship...

"Till it gets posted on FB" Photos of, Jello shots for the non drinker is pretty funny!

We all get to be ourselves, and that is the fun of this Group,

be it poll dancing, or laying in the sun doing nothing.

I found out I do drink, but seems only on Vacation, don't care other times,

but a cold frosty frozen Pina Colada, is so yummy, while sitting by the pool or beach.

Man I am happy I have a cruise in a few short months...

OK once again I wrote a long post (that was of no great importantce) and it went poof!!!

I hate that. I was sure it posted but when I looked today it is no place to be found.:eek:

I`m behind reading all the post on all the threads, so I`m kinda in the dark as to what is going on.

I do know there is something about a pole:p & a dead bunny:( (I`m so sorry Andrea) and a move to Flordia(YAY) and another cruise leaving from Miami(YAY again).......but the most distrubing is about the Birthday cruise that Janet may not get to take....:eek::eek::eek:

This is NOT good... Wishing Janet & Judie the very best...We are keeping the Faith...

Did you ever see that vedio on u tube of the lady doing the whole pole dance thing for her hubby,

and it let loose and she fell through the glass table...

I hate to say it but that too was Hysterical...

Oh my, I almost wet myself watching that one! Was way too funny :p! That would have definitely happened had we tried to spin on this pole, we used it for photo ops only on this occasion! We tend to get a bit wild at our Scrapbooking retreats that we host (where this was taken). Our next one is in 9 days, 30 women relying on us to give them a good time away from their husband, kids, work & stress for 48 hours! We are up for the challenge and must do okay because they all come back twice a year for their Vicki & Kimi fix!

OMG that pic is PRICELESS Vicki!!

Pleased to meet you by the way :)

Cathy what are we gonna do with you! Our account is passworded as well, but if I forget it, they just ask me a secret question, like my mom's maiden name or something.

I tried that and they said I don't have any questions. I told them I could recite the anything they wanted but the damn password. No luck.:eek:

Oh my, I almost wet myself watching that one! Was way too funny :p! That would have definitely happened had we tried to spin on this pole, we used it for photo ops only on this occasion! We tend to get a bit wild at our Scrapbooking retreats that we host (where this was taken). Our next one is in 9 days, 30 women relying on us to give them a good time away from their husband, kids, work & stress for 48 hours! We are up for the challenge and must do okay because they all come back twice a year for their Vicki & Kimi fix!

I can't wait to meet you nuts.

Bobbie, sometimes I think you are like me and then I say nope she is worse than me. Then I realize we are 2 peas in a pod.lol

Have a great evening.

Good Evening ya'll.

We now have proof that we will have pole dancers on this cruise!

Vicki - you will be flying into Houston for this cruise. Now Houston has two airports, but Hobby is closer to Galveston then Intercontinental. Hobby is serviced by Southwest. I will be working on shuttles from the airports in the near future for everyone. I also have a few calls out to hotels in Galveston to see who can give us the best deal. I'm going to get two hotels for everyone. That way everyone has a choice. And one will have parking for those that are going to be driving.

Janet will be getting with everyone on the Freestyle party boat in Montego Bay. She has news!!!

Hi Bobbie - not going to have to cook the bird. Lucky you

Marie - "I found out I do drink" say it isn't so. As I remember, the very first time I laid eyes on you, you had a drink in your hand:eek:. (trying to get away) lol

Cathy - are you all packed yet?

I tried that and they said I don't have any questions. I told them I could recite the anything they wanted but the damn password. No luck.:eek:

I can't wait to meet you nuts.

Bobbie, sometimes I think you are like me and then I say nope she is worse than me. Then I realize we are 2 peas in a pod.lol

Have a great evening.

Yep Cathyp I think you might have us pegged right!

Two peas in a pod......:p

More review of our Splendor cruise:

Day 4 We arrived in Puerto Vallarta early and I was up at the BCOD. So what is the first thing I see in Puerto Vallarta? Walmart! And what is next to Walmart? Sam’s! I thought I was back in LA. So anyway, off to breakfast and to get everyone else up and ready to go. My friend’s wife, Carman, her mother and oldest daughter decided they were going to take a bus tour. Myself, my friend Ron and his younger daughter jumped in a cab to head off to do the zip line. I told the driver that we wanted to go to Los Verderos zip line. He asked if we had reservations and I told him no (I was reading on CC that one guy made reservations with them and when they got there it was pouring rain and they refused to refund the money). So he was telling us about another zip line where the movie Alien Predator was filmed. Same amount of lines and this one also has a Tequila factory tour. It was also $5 cheaper, so off to En Eden and the Predator zip line (you know that he got a kick back for bringing us in). They drove us out of town and then turned off the main road and drove on this winding dirt road for about 3 miles into the jungle. It was so cool when we got there. There was the helicopter with the align on the top of it saying “welcome to En Eden” As we went down the steps you could hear the water and sure enough there was a small river. We crossed the river and put all of our stuff in a locker and they helped us with the harnesses and helmets. Then we did the first two small practice lines. Nothing big, but still way cool. Then we started climbing the side of the mountain for the first zip line. Earlier back at the main camp there was this guy dressed a little different in a cammo outfit and as we walked up the mountain there was this girl was ahead of me. He jumped out in this cammo with and align mask on and scared the #$@! Out of her! I laughed, but I remembered that, and just knew that we hadn’t seen that last of him. So we climbed, zipped, climbed and zip more and more. Twice more we saw the align. First, I was walking up the trail and he was in the tree and leaned down and grabbed my neck. I turned around and asked him if I was going in the right direction. The girl in front of me was laughing and laughing saying nothing scared me. Then we got to the longest zip and the guy said that if you weighed more than 200 pounds, then you would be going in excess of 50mph. I was flying, looking everywhere and having the time of my life. Once again I came across the align and this time he jumped out from behind a tree. I looked at him and asked if I could get his autograph. He even had to laugh at that one! Once we were done we took off the harnesses off and you felt like you lost 10 pounds. It didn’t’ feel that heavy when we put them on. From there we went to the factory (way over priced) and then back to the office where the dropped us off. We walked around the shops, took a bunch of pics of all the statues and had a few beers. We then grabbed a cab back to the ship ( If you’re in PV don’t take the tan taxi’s right at the terminal, but go outside the area and grab a yellow cab. There are much cheaper. ) We showered, went to dinner and changed clothes. You know we just couldn’t pass up Walmart and Sams. Bought a few soda and t-shirts and back to the ship. We left PV at 10pm

Day 5 later

Good Evening ya'll.

We now have proof that we will have pole dancers on this cruise!

Vicki - you will be flying into Houston for this cruise. Now Houston has two airports, but Hobby is closer to Galveston then Intercontinental. Hobby is serviced by Southwest. I will be working on shuttles from the airports in the near future for everyone. I also have a few calls out to hotels in Galveston to see who can give us the best deal. I'm going to get two hotels for everyone. That way everyone has a choice. And one will have parking for those that are going to be driving.

Janet will be getting with everyone on the Freestyle party boat in Montego Bay. She has news!!!

Hi Bobbie - not going to have to cook the bird. Lucky you

Marie - "I found out I do drink" say it isn't so. As I remember, the very first time I laid eyes on you, you had a drink in your hand (trying to get away) lol

Cathy - are you all packed yet?

Oh ya, like you didn't know that already!! Hello!! :p

Yep, I have news. I will put it into a post in the morning cuz I am waiting for one more answer from them. But we are definately going on this tour, and it will be 35 buck a roos!

More review of our Splendor cruise:

Day 4 We arrived in Puerto Vallarta early and I was up at the BCOD. So what is the first thing I see in Puerto Vallarta? Walmart! And what is next to Walmart? Sam’s! I thought I was back in LA. So anyway, off to breakfast and to get everyone else up and ready to go. My friend’s wife, Carman, her mother and oldest daughter decided they were going to take a bus tour. Myself, my friend Ron and his younger daughter jumped in a cab to head off to do the zip line. I told the driver that we wanted to go to Los Verderos zip line. He asked if we had reservations and I told him no (I was reading on CC that one guy made reservations with them and when they got there it was pouring rain and they refused to refund the money). So he was telling us about another zip line where the movie Alien Predator was filmed. Same amount of lines and this one also has a Tequila factory tour. It was also $5 cheaper, so off to En Eden and the Predator zip line (you know that he got a kick back for bringing us in). They drove us out of town and then turned off the main road and drove on this winding dirt road for about 3 miles into the jungle. It was so cool when we got there. There was the helicopter with the align on the top of it saying “welcome to En Eden” As we went down the steps you could hear the water and sure enough there was a small river. We crossed the river and put all of our stuff in a locker and they helped us with the harnesses and helmets. Then we did the first two small practice lines. Nothing big, but still way cool. Then we started climbing the side of the mountain for the first zip line. Earlier back at the main camp there was this guy dressed a little different in a cammo outfit and as we walked up the mountain there was this girl was ahead of me. He jumped out in this cammo with and align mask on and scared the #$@! Out of her! I laughed, but I remembered that, and just knew that we hadn’t seen that last of him. So we climbed, zipped, climbed and zip more and more. Twice more we saw the align. First, I was walking up the trail and he was in the tree and leaned down and grabbed my neck. I turned around and asked him if I was going in the right direction. The girl in front of me was laughing and laughing saying nothing scared me. Then we got to the longest zip and the guy said that if you weighed more than 200 pounds, then you would be going in excess of 50mph. I was flying, looking everywhere and having the time of my life. Once again I came across the align and this time he jumped out from behind a tree. I looked at him and asked if I could get his autograph. He even had to laugh at that one! Once we were done we took off the harnesses off and you felt like you lost 10 pounds. It didn’t’ feel that heavy when we put them on. From there we went to the factory (way over priced) and then back to the office where the dropped us off. We walked around the shops, took a bunch of pics of all the statues and had a few beers. We then grabbed a cab back to the ship ( If you’re in PV don’t take the tan taxi’s right at the terminal, but go outside the area and grab a yellow cab. There are much cheaper. ) We showered, went to dinner and changed clothes. You know we just couldn’t pass up Walmart and Sams. Bought a few soda and t-shirts and back to the ship. We left PV at 10pm

Day 5 later

Oh great! You did zipline! I was talking to people that did the ship sponsored trip and they got to ride donkeys up the mountain, and their last zipline landed them in the river! Glad you enjoyed yourself! What did West do?

Archived