*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Oh ya, like you didn't know that already!! Hello!! :p

Yep, I have news. I will put it into a post in the morning cuz I am waiting for one more answer from them. But we are definately going on this tour, and it will be 35 buck a roos!

Oh great! You did zipline! I was talking to people that did the ship sponsored trip and they got to ride donkeys up the mountain, and their last zipline landed them in the river! Glad you enjoyed yourself! What did West do?

No West didn't do the zip lines as he did those while he was on active duty. He toured Sam's club. You had mentioned the Carnival sponsored trip. This is one that the cab driver told us about and it was $75. Carnival $129.95 and yes we had a blast! Sorry, no donkey rides on this one.

Good morning, SMDers!

Happy 10 days for me kind of day!!

Rich, I said to Kenny last night let's get the kitchen all packed except what we need. He got on the floor with the box and we ended putting in it Reynolds Wrap and baggies. Well that was it for the night.:eek:

Bobbie, glad you agree on my pod.lol

Janet, can't wait to hear the news on Jaimaca.

Rich, great review. I am loving it.

OK need to take Kenny to the van. Chat later, speaking of the BCOD.:)

Back to the review:

Day 5 Mazatlan We arrived in port early and again I was awake and this time I go up to the front of the ship and what do I see. A new car lot with a lot of shipping containers. Yup, looks like a port and not much else. So, I figured that I would find out what there was to do in Mazatlan before we left for the cruise, so I checked out CC. I found a review called “WOW, Mazatlan” and it sounded pretty good to me. So we all had breakfast together (West, Ron, Carmen and her mother, youngest daughter Amber and myself). After breakfast we all headed off the ship and into the cruise terminal. I asked where the water taxis were and they pointed out the front and to the left about 3 blocks. Off we go looking for water taxis. At the end of the road we see a sign that says water taxis this way. We walked down this dirt road to a shack with a couple of little boats in the water. It cost $2 round trip. So we all loaded into one boat and off we go to “stone Island”. It takes a whole 4-5 minutes to get there and once we are there we walk over this bump in the road (hill) and there is the beach. Now the place I am looking for is called Puesto del Sol. It is a restaurant on the beach with chairs and lounge chairs that are covered. When we get there, the staff is out there by the beach asking us to come in. I tell them that we only want to sit for awhile and that I understand that they have the best coconut shrimp in town. He waiter said yes they do have the best food and said that we could stay as long as we wanted. So we all sit down and I ordered a Pepsi light. Then I took off my shirt and put on my snorkel gear and proceeded to the water. No one else wanted to swim, so to the hell with them all and into the water I went. The water was a little cloudy so I couldn’t see much, but that didn’t stop me. After awhile I got out of the water and dried off with a towel and by now it was getting close to noon, so I ordered the coconut shrimp and Ron ordered us a couple of beers (three after he dropped his in the sand). The waiter tell me that the shrimp was caught at 4am and I could watch the cook make it. So, I go up and watched him as he shreds the coconut, coats the shrimp with it and drops it in to fryer. OK, now let me tell you, this was the best, by far, coconut shrimp that I have ever eaten. It was about $10 and I got 8 shrimp, Cole slaw, some fries and some vegetables. Now I’m bragging about how good it really is and give Carman and Amber a bit and the next thing I know, they are ordering two more plates. We were there for about 4 hours and every time one of the vendors would start to come up near the restaurant, the staff would chase them away. But the vendors would stand there by the water’s edge so Ron and Amber went out and talked to a few of them. Ron bought a hammock and Amber had another guy make her a couple of wrist bracelets with her name and another for a friend of hers (paid $4 for both). So, after a couple more beers, we decide that we’d better be getting back as getting late and we had to be back on board by 5, so back to the water taxis and back on to the ship. After relaxing for awhile, it was time for dinner and then the comedians later that night (they weren’t the best for sure).

Day 6 Cabo We were only in Cabo for a few hours so we really didn’t get to do much. Once we all got some breakfast and off the ship, it was already 10 and had to be back on by 2:30. Carman and Amber went parasailing (I have already done this, but for the price I should have done it with them - $20 each). So, we are walking up the streets and doing the shops and open markets. The only thing I wanted was to go to Cabo Wabo (a rather popular bar) to buy a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila. Found it and bought the bottle. While we were looking through the shops I found a jacket that I really liked and got the guy down to 13 dollars, but the biggest size he had was a large (American standard would be a med). I really wanted that jacket but the others that had XL wanted $20+ and I wasn’t going to pay it. Anyway, it was hot so we stopped and had a few drinks. Ron ordered the two of us beers and the next thing I know we each have a beer and a shot of tequila. They said happy hour you get the tequila free. Anyway, it was nasty so down the hatch with both the beer and shot. Time was limited so back to the ship we went. We left Cabo at 3pm and relaxed the rest of the day. After dinner we went to the legends show and I was surprised at how good it was. Three very talented singers they were.

Day 7 Day at sea and a day to do nothing! Ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. Captains farewell in the rear lounge with free cocktails it always nice.

Disembarkation the next day was a piece of cake. We were the first ones off the ship and through customs. The lady behind me was asked to go with the customs guy but I think it was just a random type of thing. So on to the shuttle and back to LAX and home.

All in all it was a great cruise. But then again, it’s always better when your with friends and in Feb 2012 we will all be part of one big party!!!

Two more co-workers being added to the list:

Migdelia and June

Here is the list of those that are officially booked for the Spirit of the Magical Dream Cruise:

Rich & West – Group Leaders satex, early dining, 4C

Cathy & Kenny Cathy p, early dining

Lori & Don leaderdogmom, Anytime Dinning

Andrea & Dave flippr5657, Anytime Dinning

Janet & Judie jandjfun, None or Anytime Dinning, 4C, Judie's B-day cruise

Nancy & Asa lilnan

Chelle & Pat doddsm, 4B, Early Dinning

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Bobbie & Betty 1tuckersmom, Anytime Dinning, 8B, Bobbie's B-day

Ron & Carmen San Antonio, early dining, 4C

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Steven & Julie ChiBearsSuperFan & jbags58

Sherri & Mike She-ra, Late Dinning

Dale & Pete

Peggy & BertSan Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Fabian & Nessa Fabismommy

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Mimi & Andy Chicago,PoofytheCat,anytime,4C

Jennifer & Alan Steelejen,anytime,8C

Vicki & Kimi Oregon,MICKIDE

Lynda,Jennifer,Heather and Bonnie Toronto,Sunndyday2010,anytime,4C

Amy & husband

Migdelia and June San Antonio

Here is a list of things that I thought that we could do while on the Magic cruise:

M&G the night prior at the Hotel - Director Rich and West

M&G while on board - Director Rich and West

Cabin crawl - Director ?

Pub crawl - Directors Sherri & Dale

Slot pull - Directors Janet and Judie

Cocktail party - Director Rich and West

Gift exchange - Director Marie

B-day party Director - Director ?

Putt-putt tournament - Director ?

Steakhouse Dining - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Cozumel: Cozumel Bar Bus Hop – Tour Director Lori

Nachi Cocom Director Marie

Grand Cayman: ??? Tour Director Andrea

Montego Bay: Jamaica Freestyle Tour Director Janet

And of course: Group Leaders - Rich and West

Chat Director – Cathy P

Countdown Director - Andrea

Official Photographer - Jerod

Two more from San Antonio going:

Vicky and her husband

Here is the list of those that are officially booked for the Spirit of the Magical Dream Cruise:

Janet & Judie jandjfun, anytime dining, 4C ] Nancy & Asa [/ililnan

Dawn & Marie Dragonfly34 & Koval, 4B, Early Dinning, Celebrating, Dawns B-day and cruising with old friends

Jerod & Emilee illeniumsd & Pretty-N-Pink, 4C, anytime dining and celebrating the "Best cruise Ever" again

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Amy & husband

Vicky & DH San Antonio

Here is a list of things that I thought that we could do while on the Magic cruise:

Cabin crawl - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Chat Director – Cathy P

Forget that last post;

Adding two more

Janet & Judie jandjfun, anytime dining, 4C

Nancy & Asa Ililnan

Dale & Pete

Peggy & Bert San Antonio, early dining, 8C

Chad & Holly SDphotoGrl

Kathy & Gary NMCruiser55

Amy & husband

Vicky & Kermit San Antonio

Cabin crawl - Director ?

T-Shirt - Director Janet

Excursions

Chat Director – Cathy P

Good Morning SMD world

Back to work for me today...

Had my baby Jax and Payton boy yesterday

with those two and then Dawn visiting most of the evening, I didn't get on the puter much yesterday afternoon.

Grandparents day today, so having my lunch break early and having lunch with my Payton Boy, so I won't be on the puter at lunch either...

so chat on with out me, I will catch up later

Have a Great day

Oh Rich your review, short and sweet sounds like you had a great time!

Janet, before the High Spirits, I think it had been 10+ years since I had, consumed an alcoholic beverage...

See what happens when you go on a cruise with this crazy bunch :eek:

I think it all started with that DOD, and ended with those Jello shots :p

The only thing I wanted was to go to Cabo Wabo (a rather popular bar) to buy a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila. Found it and bought the bottle.

All in all it was a great cruise. But then again, it’s always better when your with friends and in Feb 2012 we will all be part of one big party!!!

I am so JEALOUS! I really want a bottle of Cabo Wabo! The next cruise I book will be to Cabo just so I can get the bottle! So, how is it?

I can't wait for the party in 2012, I have no worries that it will be amazingly FUN!

Nice TR Rich. I so want to go ziplining. They have one here. I am terrified of heights though, I get major vertigo. But boy, I sure wish I could do it.

Cold morning here, only 43 degrees.

I have to work in the shop today, blech, but my days in the shop are numbered as well, the book keeper is awesome!!

Cathy I had to smile when you described yours and Kenny's packing the kitchen, sounds like something I would do..lol

My sinuses are working overtime today, yuk. Must be the change in the weather.

No West didn't do the zip lines as he did those while he was on active duty. He toured Sam's club. You had mentioned the Carnival sponsored trip. This is one that the cab driver told us about and it was $75. Carnival $129.95 and yes we had a blast! Sorry, no donkey rides on this one.

After we went ziplining, the donkeys sounded pretty darn good to me! LOL

Back to the review:

Day 5 Mazatlan We arrived in port early and again I was awake and this time I go up to the front of the ship and what do I see. A new car lot with a lot of shipping containers. Yup, looks like a port and not much else. So, I figured that I would find out what there was to do in Mazatlan before we left for the cruise, so I checked out CC. I found a review called “WOW, Mazatlan” and it sounded pretty good to me. So we all had breakfast together (West, Ron, Carmen and her mother, youngest daughter Amber and myself). After breakfast we all headed off the ship and into the cruise terminal. I asked where the water taxis were and they pointed out the front and to the left about 3 blocks. Off we go looking for water taxis. At the end of the road we see a sign that says water taxis this way. We walked down this dirt road to a shack with a couple of little boats in the water. It cost $2 round trip. So we all loaded into one boat and off we go to “stone Island”. It takes a whole 4-5 minutes to get there and once we are there we walk over this bump in the road (hill) and there is the beach. Now the place I am looking for is called Puesto del Sol. It is a restaurant on the beach with chairs and lounge chairs that are covered. When we get there, the staff is out there by the beach asking us to come in. I tell them that we only want to sit for awhile and that I understand that they have the best coconut shrimp in town. He waiter said yes they do have the best food and said that we could stay as long as we wanted. So we all sit down and I ordered a Pepsi light. Then I took off my shirt and put on my snorkel gear and proceeded to the water. No one else wanted to swim, so to the hell with them all and into the water I went. The water was a little cloudy so I couldn’t see much, but that didn’t stop me. After awhile I got out of the water and dried off with a towel and by now it was getting close to noon, so I ordered the coconut shrimp and Ron ordered us a couple of beers (three after he dropped his in the sand). The waiter tell me that the shrimp was caught at 4am and I could watch the cook make it. So, I go up and watched him as he shreds the coconut, coats the shrimp with it and drops it in to fryer. OK, now let me tell you, this was the best, by far, coconut shrimp that I have ever eaten. It was about $10 and I got 8 shrimp, Cole slaw, some fries and some vegetables. Now I’m bragging about how good it really is and give Carman and Amber a bit and the next thing I know, they are ordering two more plates. We were there for about 4 hours and every time one of the vendors would start to come up near the restaurant, the staff would chase them away. But the vendors would stand there by the water’s edge so Ron and Amber went out and talked to a few of them. Ron bought a hammock and Amber had another guy make her a couple of wrist bracelets with her name and another for a friend of hers (paid $4 for both). So, after a couple more beers, we decide that we’d better be getting back as getting late and we had to be back on board by 5, so back to the water taxis and back on to the ship. After relaxing for awhile, it was time for dinner and then the comedians later that night (they weren’t the best for sure).

Day 6 Cabo We were only in Cabo for a few hours so we really didn’t get to do much. Once we all got some breakfast and off the ship, it was already 10 and had to be back on by 2:30. Carman and Amber went parasailing (I have already done this, but for the price I should have done it with them - $20 each). So, we are walking up the streets and doing the shops and open markets. The only thing I wanted was to go to Cabo Wabo (a rather popular bar) to buy a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila. Found it and bought the bottle. While we were looking through the shops I found a jacket that I really liked and got the guy down to 13 dollars, but the biggest size he had was a large (American standard would be a med). I really wanted that jacket but the others that had XL wanted $20+ and I wasn’t going to pay it. Anyway, it was hot so we stopped and had a few drinks. Ron ordered the two of us beers and the next thing I know we each have a beer and a shot of tequila. They said happy hour you get the tequila free. Anyway, it was nasty so down the hatch with both the beer and shot. Time was limited so back to the ship we went. We left Cabo at 3pm and relaxed the rest of the day. After dinner we went to the legends show and I was surprised at how good it was. Three very talented singers they were.

Day 7 Day at sea and a day to do nothing! Ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. Captains farewell in the rear lounge with free cocktails it always nice.

Disembarkation the next day was a piece of cake. We were the first ones off the ship and through customs. The lady behind me was asked to go with the customs guy but I think it was just a random type of thing. So on to the shuttle and back to LAX and home.

great review Rich. i enjoyed reading it alot! And I'm glad you enjoyed Stone Island. The day Judie and I were there, the beach was so gross! There was black gunk all over the sand and floating in the water. Judie loves loves the shrimp in Mazatlan. There is a little restruant in the golden zone that serves shrimp every way you can imagine! We ate there a lot. She said the shrimp there is the best ever! I guess because it is caught every morning and then served, it is super fresh and good.

Nice TR Rich. I so want to go ziplining. They have one here. I am terrified of heights though, I get major vertigo. But boy, I sure wish I could do it.

Cold morning here, only 43 degrees.

I have to work in the shop today, blech, but my days in the shop are numbered as well, the book keeper is awesome!!

Cathy I had to smile when you described yours and Kenny's packing the kitchen, sounds like something I would do..lol

My sinuses are working overtime today, yuk. Must be the change in the weather.

Judie is also terrified of heights. I couldn't even get her onto an elevator that takes you up to the top of the eifel tower in Vegas. But she went ziplining and loved it!! So maybe you could go too.

Cathy, I loved your "packing the kitchen story" But unless you only have 2 dinner plates, 2 sets of silverware, one frying pan and one pot left in the kitchen, you can do better! lol

Marie, Pat and I are going to grandparents day with Katie next Thursday. But we are bringing lunch from Sonic. No school lunches for us! Katie is happy about that too! Enjoy the day with Payton.

Today, I am going to have lunch with Lori. That should be fun! She goes home tomorrow and she is probably glad to get out of here.

I am so bummed! My birthday cruise is 99% sure it's going to cancel.

I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you! This mornings updates only states that they are cancelling the Nov. 14th cruise so hopefully you'll still get to sail for your birthday :).

I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you! This mornings updates only states that they are cancelling the Nov. 14th cruise so hopefully you'll still get to sail for your birthday :).

Yea, keeping the Faith here that you and Judie will sail as planned..

Hugs to Lori for us and have fun....;) I know that you will..

Hello Everyone!! So excited today is my Friday and I am off for 4 days!!! To bad I don't live close to cruise terminal because I would be on one this weekend! :D I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the Splendor.

:cool:HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!:)

Hi, SMDers, Drama Queen Cathy to copy and paste as I am too lazy and pooped to type. Here is my day:

Poor min pin has an inflamed disc and is in alot of pain so he is on some heavy drugs. Been up since 3, took Kenny to the van, grocery shopping for only 1 week, butcher, gas at sams, yorkie to the groomer, picked up yorkie and now getting ready to pick up Kenny.:eek: I am so pooped.

Ya, everyone I have more than 2 plates etc etc so I have not done good. Maybe tomorrow when I don't have the car I can do something.

On that note, hi to Rich, Andrea, Bobbie, Janet, Marie, Chelle and OMG I forgot oh no I didn't where in the hell is Mimi. Oh ya she is not feeling well so she is resting. I almost forgot. Fell better my friend.

Chat later.

Thanks! I haven't given up hope yet!

Hi, SMDers, Drama Queen Cathy to copy and paste as I am too lazy and pooped to type. Here is my day:

Poor min pin has an inflamed disc and is in alot of pain so he is on some heavy drugs. Been up since 3, took Kenny to the van, grocery shopping for only 1 week, butcher, gas at sams, yorkie to the groomer, picked up yorkie and now getting ready to pick up Kenny.:eek: I am so pooped.

Ya, everyone I have more than 2 plates etc etc so I have not done good. Maybe tomorrow when I don't have the car I can do something.

On that note, hi to Rich, Andrea, Bobbie, Janet, Marie, Chelle and OMG I forgot oh no I didn't where in the hell is Mimi. Oh ya she is not feeling well so she is resting. I almost forgot. Fell better my friend.

Chat later.

I didn't say you didn't do good, I said you could do better. :) As far as I'm concerned, packing to move is worse than a root canal! I hate it. Everytime we move we try to sell or throw away as much stuff as possible! Of course when we get to the new place we just have to buy everything again! :rolleyes:

I am still waiting to hear an answer or two from the tour company. So as soon as I do, I will post it here all in one post.

Hi everyone!! thought I'd pop in for a few, I've been a bad lurker while I'm on vacation here in AZ. I'm all packed and ready to fly home tomorrow, back to Michigan where is will actually be a little warmer than here :eek: What's wrong with this picture??!!!!

Had a real nice visit and lunch with Janet today, and had a surprise visit with Nina!! Wish there was more time to visit, I guess we'll have to wait until March :mad:. After lunch my brother took me for a drive up Hualapi mountain-very pretty but wouldn't want to live there in the winter.

Cathy--I took your cue and copy/pasted this as I am all pooped out from vacation!!

Time to finish packed, have to leave for the airport at 6:30am :eek:

IMG_1564-1.jpg

Good early morning ya'll. Been a busy day for me. Back at work now and we have a major water main break on the 2nd floor and guess where the water is coming! Down onto the first floor in right into the hospital directors offices. Better there then here.

Vicki - don't know how the tequila is as I haven't opened it yet, but the drinks at Cabo Wabo were pretty good.

Andrea - I will take you on the zipline. You will have a blast.

Lori/Janet - glad you got together for lunch. It would have been such a shame not too since you were both in the same city!

Hi Jen - I get off this mornig at 8 and I'm off until monday at 4. Got a busy weekend planned here.

OK, got to go check the water. Later

Good morning, SMDers!

Lori, you can copy and paste anytime, I know what you mean. Love the photo and it brings back lots of memories of the Dream. Miss you sibs so much.

Janet, I threw away a bunch and thought I had almost everything packed. Then the stupid moving fairy came by and put stuff back.:eek: I told my DS that I had bought this and that and he said did you have it shipped to the new place? I said no it had time to get here. He goes great Mom more stuff to move. I know he loves me.lol

Rich, I am like Vicki would love to go to Cabo. Oh ya!!! Do they have Coor's Light??:)

We we rented another car for a week which Kenny is driving. I was affraid that I would have to take my baby back to the vet and did not want to be stranded.

Off to Looney land, chat later.

OK Guys!! It's time to Party SMDer's Style!!!

Montego Bay!! No problem mon!!

Heres our excursion and all the details!

SPECIAL TOURS FOR CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS

THE 'ORIGINAL' WET & WILD PARTY CRUISE

The Party Starts HERE

Join us for a 'Freestyle Sailing Experience'. Depart at the Cruise Ship Pier and Sail the beautiful clear blue waters of the Caribbean Sea to the Snorkeling location inside Jamaica's National Marine Park, on the shores of Montego Bay. Mask and snorkel are provided to assist with the viewing the wonderful Underworld of the Marine Park. When snorkeling and swimming are completed the Rum punch will start to flow. Learn the latest Jamaican Dance Moves or relax with a Foot Massage. Join in and move your feet to the Jamaican Reggae Beat. The party continues with a short stop at Margueritaville's Party. (1 hour stop 'weather permitting'). Take a ride on the slide. 'Ready we are Ready' at the sound of the 'Conch Shell' don't miss the Boat! Feel the Beat, move your Feet to the Reggae Beat. Sail to the Ship Pier is approx. 20 mins.

We are chartering the vessel!!

Wet and Wild Party Cruise Tour!

35.00 per person

20 person min., 55 person Max.

Extra time at Margaritaville (at least 1 hr.)

Rum punch, fruit punch, soda, water included

food and drink at margaritaville extra

$25.00 deposit per person due to me by Feb. 25, 2011

Please allow at least 10 days for your payment to get to me via USPS.

Mail check or money order to:

Janet Sammons

8746 Stockton Hill Rd. 115

Kingman, AZ. 86409

Second payment of $10.00 per person is still unclear at this time. Either to me again at a much later date, or the day of the tour. I will let you know after I pay the initial deposit on March 1st 2011.

I know it's early, but the early bird gets the worm! Or in this case, a fun tour!!!:D

I will start a list of those going right now. Wanna Play??

1. Janet

2. Judie

Who's next!!??!!

Worked in LA till late last night. Went to bed @ 0400 only to be woke up @ 0600 with my blackberry going off due to the arrival of the Splendor in San Diego. Went down and shot some pics and now back to work another night in LA on 2 hours of sleep. Im crazy.

5167738680_18f75fbe05_z.jpg

5167139609_d24564cc8e_z.jpg

5167740374_2a8083785e_z.jpg

5167739768_b32bafd64f_z.jpg

Archived