*OFFICIAL CC GROUP CRUISE*"Spirit of the 'Magic'al Dream" CARNIVAL MAGIC, FEB 26,2012

satex

Rich, I am still having issues with the cancelation policy of the hotel. Are you sure you can only cancel up to 3 days after making the reservation without losing your money? Or is it that you can cancel up to 3 days before the reservations? I am really questioning this policy.

Rich, I am still having issues with the cancelation policy of the hotel. Are you sure you can only cancel up to 3 days after making the reservation without losing your money? Or is it that you can cancel up to 3 days before the reservations? I am really questioning this policy.

When I called she told me that if I didn't cancel at least 3 days prior to the arrival date, that my card would be charged. HTH

When I called she told me that if I didn't cancel at least 3 days prior to the arrival date, that my card would be charged. HTH

This what I understood her to say as well.

Hey guys not much going on with me except that I booked the Conquest out of New Orleans today.

Sailing Nov. 13 in my first ever aft wrap balcony.. WhooooHoooo!!

We are going to be in New Orleans for the week-end for my DH`s Air Force reunion with friends that we were stationed at Travis AFB, Ca. during the Viet Nam war.

Since we are going to be in New Orleans for the week-end anyway we may as well cruise on Sunday....Right???:p

Not much else is news here, so I think I will hop over to check out the Mateys....

Have a good week-end all.

OK, that makes sense to me. Thanks! :)

This what I understood her to say as well.

Hey guys not much going on with me except that I booked the Conquest out of New Orleans today.

Sailing Nov. 13 in my first ever aft wrap balcony.. WhooooHoooo!!

We are going to be in New Orleans for the week-end for my DH`s Air Force reunion with friends that we were stationed at Travis AFB, Ca. during the Viet Nam war.

Since we are going to be in New Orleans for the week-end anyway we may as well cruise on Sunday....Right???:p

Not much else is news here, so I think I will hop over to check out the Mateys....

Have a good week-end all.

Bobbie! Cool! Where does the cruise go?

Good evening ya'll. Just back from the Spurs game and the won their 8th in a row for a record of 37-6. I just hope they keep winning.

Janet - as far as I understand the policy to be, is that you have to cancel within 3 days of the date of your arrival. But, I will check to make sure.

Jen - I'm not sure if we can get Mar 4 for that rate, but I will contact Rhonda and check. I will let you know.

Bobbie - I don't know if you have ever been on the Conquest, but I really do like it. It is one of my favorite ships and I'm sure you will like it also.

Hi Nancy - I try to stay home on holiday weekends. Much too crowded everywhere you go. I know that you will have fun though.

Hi ya Vicki;).

OK, I'm going to email Rhonda and off the watch some TV for the night. Hope ya'll have a good one.

Great news on the cruise Bobbie !!

As for the hotel I was told I have to cancel (Or make changes) by Feb 22 2012 4pm otherwise I will be charged. I remember someone saying they did not get a confirmation number ? I got one & an email so you might want to confirm your reservation is there :confused:

Hello everyone!!

Me and my husband are wanting to cruise on Magic and I came across this thread, so Im thinking this will work for us..

We are excited about trying this new ship from Galveston.. We live about 5 hours or so from the port and have cruised many many times out of Galveston, mainly because its cheaper to drive than to fly to another port.. We are so ready for some new ships!!

Im currently going thru all the pages, but there are alot.. I clicked on the link for pricing and it brings me to send an email to Johnna.. They are closed today and I already emailed Rich for the pricing info.. Does anyone happen to have the current pricing? Its killing me not knowing.. Im planning on making a decision on booking this by Monday..

Also another question.. It shows $25 deposit per person to hold it by August 2011.. and that balance of deposit is due in August 2011... is this date informaiton correct?

Cant wait to finish reading all the replies and getting to know each of you!

Hi Waterbound (we would love to know your real name)lol..

Welcome to our group. We would love to have you join us and you will love us too. I promise.;)

Some of us have cruised together and are already friends and some we are excited to meet next year.

But we all like meeting new friends and you will never feel left out with us.

Rich will be here to answer your questions later, but as for the $25.00 deposit on this sailing I think that it is no longer available.

There are some group cruises that still have it, but this is not one of them I do not believe.

Maybe I am wrong and someone can correct me if I am.. Again welcome.:)

Janet, the Conquest goes to Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize (if the dispute is settled with the tenders folks, but then)with 3 sea days.

I`m excited...been to all the port of course but happy about the wrap balcony.

Hope the weather cooperates in November.

Rich I have not been on the Conquest but know several people who have and they all love it.

Lynda it was me that did not get a conformation from the hotel, but they have my reservation as I went on line checked my # and there I am.

I could also see on my reservation that they have my e-mail address wrong, put an s where there should be a c.

I suspected that was the deal as the lady kept spelling it wrong..

Anyway Betty & I booked and good to go.

Lil Nan have fun planning your vacation, that is ALMOST as fun as planning a cruise.lol

Well I started out having nothing to say and look what happened.:D

Rich glad the Spurs won.. They are my favorite team too.

I love everything about San Antoino, period...:)

Welcome waterbound!

If you look under member cruises for this cruise Rich has a thread for prices. This thread is dated 1/17 so it may have changed since then. You joined in while our Chat Director is cruising. You'll find this thread closer/ on page 1 once she gets back. :D

Hi there waterbound!! It's great to hear from you and especially that you are thinking of booking with us!! I can promise you a great time if you like to have fun!!

Here are the prices that are currently in effect, but you have to realize that these prices can go away at any time.

Below are the prices for the Carnival Magic cruise Feb 26 - Mar 4, 2012. Keep in mind that these prices can change at any time. For updated prices, please call or email Johna.

Original Price Quote for the Carnival Magic sailing February 26, 2012. Inside 4B $679.17 per person

Inside 4C $689.17 per person

Balcony 8B $1019.17 per person

Balcony 8C $1039.17 per person

Third and Fourth passengers rates SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME UNTIL SECURED WITH FULL DEPOSIT

Inside 4B $319.17 per person

Inside 4C $319.17 per person

Balcony 8B $399.17 per person

Balcony 8C $399.17 per person

Rates include cruise fare, port charges and government fees.

Failure to comply with the above payment schedule will result in the cancellation of those reservations.

Amenities

$100 OBC per cabin

Cruise Critic Collector Pin (one per person)

Discount on all other Cruise Critic logowear

Deposit Info

Deposit of $250 per person is due for triple, quad, suite and cabin assignments at the time of booking. The final payment for the group is due November 13, 2011. Guests may also book at the Early Saver rate advertised on Carnival's website with the full per person, non refundable deposit but will not receive the group amenity. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

On Nov. 1, 2010 the $25.00 deposit went away. So the full deposit is die when booking.

Also, just in case you want to know where the business page is, here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=694

There is no chatting going on there, it's all the business things you need to know, found quickly. The booking information is there as well as a couple of tours offered through the group. There will be way more information there as the cruise gets closer!

I hope this helps you out, and that you decide to join the fun with us!!

The Looney's are off the ship and can't believe the week is over.

I believe as Leaders Marie and I did well. Others have to really tell us, but the general feeling is it was good leadership.

It was a blast for sure and a really great cruise.

I believe as Leaders Marie and I did well. Others have to really tell us, but the general feeling is it was good leadership.

Never a doubt in my mind that you two would not do well as Leaders.;)

Congrats and welcome home....

Glad that fun was had by all...

Our time next......huh, Mateys????????:p

OOPS!!! Rich and West next then us....Sorry..Eek....

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!!

My name is Betty and my husbands name is Bruce..

Thank you for the pricing.. I understand it may not be the exact current pricing but just a ballpark amount is what I was looking for.. I do believe we will be joining in on this one.. I need to check with my hubby and then work on the deposit.. the $25 deposit per person wouldve definitely been great, but the $250 is ok too.. I just need to work on getting it together...

Once I have made the booking I will be back and let you know its been booked!

Welcome home Chelle!! I have no doubt in my mind that you and Marie just killed it!! You two are great!! I'm glad you like it. How was the Liberty? (compare it to the dream)

Never a doubt in my mind that you two would not do well as Leaders.;)

Congrats and welcome home....

Glad that fun was had by all...

Our time next......huh, Mateys????????:p

OOPS!!! Rich and West next then us....Sorry..Eek....

Well, actually it's r

Rich and West next, then Madelenes group and THEN us!! But heck, who's counting! lol

Thank you for the pricing.. I understand it may not be the exact current pricing but just a ballpark amount is what I was looking for.. I do believe we will be joining in on this one.. I need to check with my hubby and then work on the deposit.. the $25 deposit per person wouldve definitely been great, but the $250 is ok too.. I just need to work on getting it together...

Hi Betty!! Just by your name I know you will fit in perfectly here!! We love all our Bettys. I hope you can get deposited before the prices go up. But in the meantime, you don't have to wait until you book to chat with us!! Feel free to jump in on any conversation you want, or heck, start a new one!! :D

Hello.......

Well, that was fun...

Rich your turn :D

Then you Mateys can go :p

Sure wish Chelle and I had some Hubbies that wanted to see us leave more often

as it is we have to sneek :eek:

Oh sooner or later we get up the nerve to let them in on it :o

Going to get some sleep, then in the morning comes the flights

Jeramie will be in Bears Heaven come tomorrow,

we will be in Chicago at kick off.

Layover @ O'Hare from 1:15-3:55.

Enough time to get off one plane find a bar or TV watch kick off and 1st 1/2 of the game.

Night all

Oops I forgot to say hello to the newbies....

HELLO :p Betty & Bruce

Glad to have you in the group.

Feel free to chat away, even while working on getting booked...

That is 1/2 the fun.

Waving to Marie...happy to hear y`all had fun...Somehow I thought you would...

Janet, Marie forgot Madelene`s cruise too.:eek: lol

Don`t know why I did, Betty reminds me often that she and Madelene are cruising next month...:p:D

See Betty we have another Betty and we also have two Cathys, they are just spelled different.

As Janet and Marie said, just keep talking to us. No need to wait until you are booked.

You might miss something good...most of the time we are a chatty bunch. :-)

Our official chat director (Cathy) has been with the Looney group cruise, but she will be back at anytime and things will really get moving then..:)

Have a good evening all.

I`m working on my November cruise now..I`m not going to have our sweet Janet or Rich or Marie & Chelle to get it all together for me.

Have to put some time into it myself.Eek!!!

The Looneys are back and we missed ya'll. Welcome back.

Betty and Bruce - Welcome. I am in San Antonio with my buddy West who will be co-leading this cruise with me. I see that you are from Bedford. Where is bedford? I did not get am email from you, but I do see that Janet posted the pricing information that is current. Please do check out the business page as there are many other things that we have planned for the cruise. As Bobbie pointed out, that there are a number of us that have cruised together once of twice before and we love to cruise and have a good time. Glad to have ya'll join us. Please let us know once you have booked.

Janet - thanks for the quick reply to Betty's question about the prices. I did email Rhonda about the cancellation, but I'm sure it must be done at least 3 days prior to arrival date.

Bobbie - I would really like to sail on the Conquest before she moves to NO, but with the cruise this coming week and the Alaska cruise in June, I just don't see how I can. But, I know that you will love the ship!

Lynda - I mistakenly put Jen and Alan on the hotel list instead of you. I have corrected that. I also asked Rhonda about the group rate for Mar 4. I will let ya know.

Marie & Chelle - we already know that the Looney cruise was a hit with the two of you as leaders. After all, how could it not be? Glad to hear everything went well and everyone had a good time.

Hi Kathy - Yup our Chat director keeps us out front. But where is she?

Cathy p - where are you?

Time for the Spurs game on TV. Back later

Updated hotel list:

Rich & West

Bobbie & Betty

Vicki & Kimi

Lynda,Jennifer,Heather & Bonnie

Ron & Carmen

I am completely bummed that I missed the $25 deposit! Oh well, Im still in. :-)

AWESOME!!!:D We are so excited about meeting new friends!! You should be warned that we are addictive! Once you cruise with us, you will ALWAYS want to cruise with us!! And we want you to!!

We would love to know your name(s) so we can address you correctly. Don't be shy, just jump right in and start chatting!! Welcome!

Archived