Question about age restrictions........

24butterfly

The age restriction is from the tour operator, not X. Some may be more stringent than others, but if they have an age restriction, it's likely for a good reason. There was recently a thread about someone who felt discriminated against because they were prevented from going on a shorex, but it was a stenuous activity, and the average 65-year old would have been much more likely to have encountered problems. Rather than deal with potential consequences and insurance considerations, the tour operator chose to limit it to those under 65. Their business, their choice.

I went on a horseback riding excursion that had a weight limit of 250 lbs. I dieted for weeks prior to lose the 20 pounds necessary, but was about 257 when we sailed. I spent the first sea day alternating between the gym, the pool and the sauna, eating only salad:(, and got about 5 of the remaining 7 pounds off (hard to weigh yourself when the ship's moving!) I showed up, no one weighed me in, and there was one guy who obviously had about 20 pounds on me who was not challenged. So they may be a little lax, but then again, they may not. IMO, you could book the excursion, but you'd be gambling that they would not allow you to participate when you showed up.

Archived