Walk This Way...Talk This Way...

Dantheman1212

Hey Guys , wondering if anyone can help me out here , i am doing the Rome On Your Own Tour next week or so from Ventura and if anyone can help me on two accounts i would be most greatful...

Firstly , do they drop you off at St Marks Square...

And if they do anyone ell me the best way from there to walk to , The Colosseum , Trevi Fountain , Wedding Cake , Spanish Steps , and if i fit in anymore along the way i can but thats the main four i want to catch and can they all be walked to from St Marks if thats where the p&o coach drops you off ?

Thanks for all the help its much appreciated.

Dano

Firstly , do they drop you off at St Marks Square...

Dano

Well if they do you will find yourself in Venice!.

I presume you mean St Peters

For getting transport to Rome the train is cheaper (€9 return) and faster than the bus. Your train ticket also includes travel on local buses and underground so you can nip around where you want.

Brian

We did the train for 9 Euro in July and as mentioned, the ticket covers buses too which we got from St Peter square to the colliseum (Terminus bus).

Bought the train tickets at the kiosk at the entrance to the docks where the shuttle bus drops you off and the train station is only 400m along the road.

Only downside was, it was a packed train on the way back but if you get on at the terminus then you will get a seat.... pretty packed after a few stops

Only downside was, it was a packed train on the way back but if you get on at the terminus then you will get a seat.... pretty packed after a few stops

Indeed, the afternoon trains back to Civitavecchia are often full, standing room only, even.

Bit of a worry then if the train was full and you couldn't get on, and missed the ship! Our coach on a Rome tour parked nr Vatican in a underground carpark. You plan to see a lot in those 5 hours or so you get, don't forget you may have to queue for a long time at places like the Colosseum.... A good idea to plan your route now before you go, as once you get there it will be very hot, very crowded and you'll need to know where your going and find that coach again lol to get back to the ship!! ....

If you want to cram a lot in one day a tour is best as they fast track you past the queues to get in. We went straight into the collosium and no queueing .. might be worth the cost ... remember the entrance fees etc and if you use the hop on hop off bus then there is a cost with that as well. Many day tours include a good lunch as well.

Archived