2013 Itinerary

DisneyKidsDad

Does anyone know when DCL will post their 2013 itinerary? We are looking into the Alaska cruise and want to see where they will be leaving from in 2013. They are leaving from Seattle in 2012 and two of their port stops are very short. We are hoping they will be going back to Vancouver so we will have more time in all the ports.

Does anyone know when DCL will post their 2013 itinerary? We are looking into the Alaska cruise and want to see where they will be leaving from in 2013. They are leaving from Seattle in 2012 and two of their port stops are very short. We are hoping they will be going back to Vancouver so we will have more time in all the ports.

No one ‘exactly’ knows DCL have varied the release quite a lot in past years, now for 2012 they released some in October/ November 2010, and then the special cruises in March/April this year.

On board the reservations people have been saying g late September or early October, this maybe some not all of the cruises, the ones that will come out first will be Dream and Fantasy who are tied to Port Canaveral for three years each, and will undertake 3/4/5 night Bahamas and 7 night East/West Caribbean respectively.

Vancouver was more expensive to dock at, Seattle was cheaper, it’s unlikely to revert back and no one can confirm if Alaska will run/will not run until DCL releases the routes.

Wonder/Magic cruises and routes may be delayed for release until a later date.

I was told by a shoreside staffer that they should be posting the 2013 itinerary sometime in October.

I was told by a shoreside staffer that they should be posting the 2013 itinerary sometime in October.

This October?

Some 2013 cruises should be out in October 2011. Right now you can only book thru December, 2012.

Why would Magic be later? Are they moving it out of Galveston? I sure hope they will still go out of Galveston! That is so convenient for us, and we were hoping to go Jan 2013.

On another note, does anyone know if a 2 yr old who is turning 3 DURING the week of the cruise will be allowed to participate as a 3 yr old? My youngest son is our hold up. If this is the case, then we can go during his bday week in Dec 2012.

Why would Magic be later? Are they moving it out of Galveston? I sure hope they will still go out of Galveston! That is so convenient for us, and we were hoping to go Jan 2013.

On another note, does anyone know if a 2 yr old who is turning 3 DURING the week of the cruise will be allowed to participate as a 3 yr old? My youngest son is our hold up. If this is the case, then we can go during his bday week in Dec 2012.

My reference to Magic/Wonder, is special summer cruises, they may be released later, such as the release for 2012 was delayed until Spring 2011, and not released in Oct 2010. Magic may well run out of Galveston until spring 2013, so those may come out with first tranche.

To clarify.

If the 2013 cruises are released in stages:-

Dream/Fantasy, may come out for full year, or up to August 2013 first.

Magic Wonder, release up to Spring 2013, could be first and a delay on the rest for a while.

Of course DCL may decide to change policy yet again, but its worth understanding it could well be in stages. This takes pressure off their telesales and Internet, and also gives them more time to decied on the special cruises and evaluate sales that are more up to date.

• 4 months later...

are there any TAs on here or folks who've talked to their TA (I do not use one to book DCL) that have heard anything more regarding DCL sailing Alaska next year?

It is now well past October 2011 but I cannot even search on Alaska cruises in 2013 via DCL web site.

Archived