THEME CRUISES-What do you wear?

TravelRocker

Hi, I will be going on my first "Theme Cruise" next February and got to wondering how "into" the theme of the cruise most people get. Let's take Elvis for instance, are there a lot of people dressing up like Elvis and walking around. Do you wear clothes from the Elvis-Era etc.

Or a Beatles cruise (do you dress like a character from a Beatles song) or Kiss Kruise, how far out do those cruisers get??? I can see where it would be quite a task to pack it all but do some really "get into" the theme? I'd really like to hear from those who have participated and give me some ideas. thanks!

You didn't mention what theme cruise you are taking.

If it's a nude theme cruise that seems like it would be super easy to pack for :o you'd only need to make sure you had port clothes and a couple of cloth napkins to sit on.

I can only say that if I went on a theme cruise I wouldn't go all out because I am really low key and although I am into certain things I would never have a collection of things to wear to support a theme unless it was a little black dress theme cruise.

Hi, I guess I was just asking in general how "far out" some cruisers will get, or I should say how "into" their "Theme" some cruisers get.

It's like anything else, for instance, some people go to Las Vegas and wear every bit of "Bling" they've got and others will go and just wear shorts, tee-shirts and flip flops. Others will wear their everyday clothes for a cruise, (just a regular cruise) and others will buy cruise-specific tops with cute ocean, shell, flamingo or beachy themes on them.

Some of these "Theme" cruises that are listed look pretty fun. I wanted to hear from those who went how much they got into their particular topic. Sometimes there will be contests for best costume, best hairdo, theme specific, etc.

For myself.......I'm going on the "Monsters of Rock" cruise. We're coming in with one of the featured bands so I've been dressing Rock n' roll for quite a while. I just need to coordinate my colors and jewelry! :)thanks.

I went on a cruise that had about 500 Irish people on it. The ship only held around 1200. So that was almost 1/2. I didnt know untill I got on ship. Anyhow. It was mostly music and comedy, and green beer. Not many dressing up "Irish". I guess If i was wearing kilts back then, I could of fit right in.

Archived