Australian GLBT cruisers

davethescot

Just wondering if there are very many gay and lesbian Australian cruisers out there. My partner and I are keen cruisers but we have met very few gays on the Australian cruises. Would be great to hear what cruises people are doing and when.

cheers

David and Ben

Just wondering if there are very many gay and lesbian Australian cruisers out there. My partner and I are keen cruisers but we have met very few gays on the Australian cruises. Would be great to hear what cruises people are doing and when.

cheers

David and Ben

Just us then! Boooooo.

cheers

David and Ben

Hi David and Ben,

We're doing the Royal Circumnavigation of Australia on Queen Mary 2. It departs in February 2012.

web.png?ver=13150212110001

I started a roll call, but no one responded, so I've resigned myself to the idea that we will be the only gay passengers on board - maybe. :(

Peter

That's exciting. That will be a great cruise. We did a cruise last year and nobody responded to the roll call. We went to the GLBT drinks and there were about 10 people there, mainly lesbians for some reason. We met some really lovely people and had a great time, I am sure you will too.

All the best with the cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

So many itinenaries...so little time, husbear & I love our cruising and not particularly looking out for FOD...but is cool with the idea? Sailing on Radiance Nov 18th from Sydney out to nowhere and it seems some of us are on her.

Looks like we just miss you...sgl69cruiser from Vancouver. Love your hometown...we were there Apr/May this year.

We'll be on Radiance again Dec 18th for our Xmas & New Year thru NZ fjords.

Hi David and Ben,

We're doing the Royal Circumnavigation of Australia on Queen Mary 2. It departs in February 2012.

web.png?ver=13150212110001

I started a roll call, but no one responded, so I've resigned myself to the idea that we will be the only gay passengers on board - maybe. :(

Peter

Hi Peter

You won't be the only gay passengers onboard. We were on the Freo/Syd segment in Feb 2011 and there were about 10 gays and 4 lesbians that met each afternoon for drinks in the Commodorothy Club, and about the same on QE going back from Syd to Freo, and I'm sure there were more on both ships. I sat in with them on a few occassions and had a great time.

Why don't you start the roll call on the Circumnavigation thread, you may get a better response over there.

Peter & Trish

Hi Peter

You won't be the only gay passengers onboard. We were on the Freo/Syd segment in Feb 2011 and there were about 10 gays and 4 lesbians that met each afternoon for drinks in the Commodorothy Club, and about the same on QE going back from Syd to Freo, and I'm sure there were more on both ships. I sat in with them on a few occassions and had a great time.

Why don't you start the roll call on the Circumnavigation thread, you may get a better response over there.

Peter & Trish

Hi Peter & Trish,

I'm enjoying the Circumnavigation thread. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, and the rest of the thread posters, onboard.

So far no one has responded to my 'gay & lesbian' roll call but hopefully someone will turn up to the FOD meetings.

I did a Trans-Atlantic on QM2 back in Oct 2010 and there was a quite a big turn out. Trans-Atlantic's do get a different clientele I've been told.

Were there a lot of Australian's on your Cunard voyages. I'm expecting the RCOA to be mainly Australians.

Hi Peter & Trish,

I'm enjoying the Circumnavigation thread. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, and the rest of the thread posters, onboard.

So far no one has responded to my 'gay & lesbian' roll call but hopefully someone will turn up to the FOD meetings.

I did a Trans-Atlantic on QM2 back in Oct 2010 and there was a quite a big turn out. Trans-Atlantic's do get a different clientele I've been told.

Were there a lot of Australian's on your Cunard voyages. I'm expecting the RCOA to be mainly Australians.

Hi Peter

We boarded QM2 in Fremantle with 350 other Aussies. Only trouble was the other Aussies that boarded in Capetown drank all the Australian/NZ red wines, but we ended up with some excellent reds from California.

On the return on QE from Syd to Freo there were over 800 Australians on board - so I think the RCOA will be mainly Australian.

Suggest that we get a CC meet-n-greet in the Commodore bar about 4pm on Wed 15th

Peter.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
we are an Aussie/Mexican couple, done a lot of cruising - our next big one will be Sydney - Hawaii April 2013 ex Sydney on Celebrity Soltice - we are big Celebrity fans.....

Hi, Michael and I on the same cruise and are really looking forward to it. Hope we get to see you onboard. Andreas

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Andreas and Michael, look forward to catching up on board - no one else has joined the thread I started on the Gay board, so maybe we will be the only ones in the ship, somehow I doubt that LOL :D

Must have missed your thread. No doubt we'll see you (and the other guys) around the martini bar!

Atlantis Events has organized an all GLBT cruise on the Holland America Oosterdam from Auckland to Sydney on Feb 20, 2013. As of today it appears only one cabin level has not sold out.

Geo

Archived