Bad experience at Heathrow

LindaM

Unfortunately, our HAL debarked 45 min late, so we were that much late getting to the airport for our 1:00 flight. In retrospect, I must have been crazy to let HAL book us a flight at that time, because we were traveling from Tilbury.

We are very experienced travelers but made a crucial error. We didn't not have any liquids in our carry on, but several empty containers. They were treated as liguids---including a small jar of powder. They were removed and put through the scanner. I also had to wait at least 20 min. for them to scan bags of others before me. They didn't care our flight was leaving and the supervisor told me it was my fault for not getting there earlier. He didn't care that a cruiseline brought us late. Fortunately, my husband was able to inform the gate, and an employee was sent to speed things up. The security scanner lied and said I had liquids. We did make the flight---last on the plane.

Next time, I will know to not pack empty containers or anything that could be construed as liquid. Has anyone else had this experience?

Archived