Cruising During Spring Break

Singer4Him

We haven't been able to take a cruise this year. :( We're looking at taking one next year during our daughter's spring break but I'm concerned about how rowdy it might be to go during this time. Has anyone else gone during this time of year and want to share their experience? We're looking at mid-March 2012.

We haven't been able to take a cruise this year. :( We're looking at taking one next year during our daughter's spring break but I'm concerned about how rowdy it might be to go during this time. Has anyone else gone during this time of year and want to share their experience? We're looking at mid-March 2012.

Almost all of our cruises have been during spring break- the last week in March for us. We have never had a problem. I understand that the Florida departures, especially the shorter ones, are the "problem" ones, if there is a problem. We have not seen a lot of college kids onboard any of our cruises, and the majority of the high school kids have been fine. The occasional unpleasant kid but they seem to have come with unpleasant families too. I believe that one entire family was put off the ship last year- which didn't surprise me as I watched mom encouraging her 16 year old to have another and another beer in Mexico.

We've been during spring break many times. We usually cruise the "spirit" class ship and never had any problems. The one time we cruise Freedom during March and didn't have problems.....except that the ship was soooooo crowded.

We're cruising the same size ship as the Freedom in January 2012. Hopefully this ship (Liberty) won't be as crowded. :confused:

Me and DW cruised during spring break on a 5 day trip to the Bahamas and had a really good time. The young kids were pleasant to be around, not rowdy at all. After spring break we went on another cruise and the adults on the cruise were more rude than anyone on the spring beak cruise. I see from reading post here on CC that you never know how it will be until you are there and just try your best to enjoy your vacation. Both cruises were great. Hope you enjoy yours.

I sailed the Freedom the last week in March last year. It wasn't rowdy at all. We saw quite a few teens on the promenade deck but nothing rowdy.

I did not personally cruise on the one "During Spring Break" cruise that all my friends did. However, all of them (About 20 folks) said the same thing...trouble-wise, there wasn't much. People-wise was another matter. They all said the ship was much more crowded than any of our other cruises.

We generally sail during Oct-Nov times; non-peak season, so might've been sheltered from how many folks sail during peak times, but they all said they'll stick with the Months Less Traveled ;)

Archived