Rash Guard Question

idlenote

Went to the local dive shop today looking for a rash guard, mainly for protection from sun burn. They put me in a top that had me almost prevented from breathing. I asked about this and was told that it had to be skin tight. I had visions of me in the water unable to move my arms.

Is this really correct? I ended up going to Academy and buying a top that was similar material but was a lot looser.

Went to the local dive shop today looking for a rash guard, mainly for protection from sun burn. They put me in a top that had me almost prevented from breathing. I asked about this and was told that it had to be skin tight. I had visions of me in the water unable to move my arms.

Is this really correct? I ended up going to Academy and buying a top that was similar material but was a lot looser.

For sun protection it does not have to be skin tight, they have several types/brands of UV protection clothing and there is no reason for you to be uncomfortable wearing one. If you want protection from sea lice/rash that may be another thing.

Archived