Is specialty restaraunts worth it?

powoct95

We are going on the Glory in 4 days and were contemplating going to the Emerald, the specialty restaraunt on baord. Do you think the extra cost is worth it? We have been on 7 other cruises, but have never tried the specialty dining. This is our first cruise in many years, without the kids, so this might be the time to give one a try.

Give me your thoughts! Also, what would you consider the correct attire for the evening?

Yes, its worth it, very good and I highly recommend the lobster bisque, mmm mmm great, but not the taste of chocolate for dessert (I hear good things about the cheese cake). As for attire, for men, nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt at a minimum and for the Ladies a nice sun dress at a minimum. I would wear the same thing for formal night (or whatever its called now) as I would wear in the specialty restaurant. Hope that helps.;)

I would recommend the Emerald on the Glory been to it three times of course Glory is my favorite ship. Most of the time I enjoy the speciality restaraunts but the last time on the Dream it wasn't that good but of course it was with a good size group. It is a nice romantic evening that sometimes they have a singer entertaining you or a nice soundtrack of jazz music playing over the speakers. For attire I mostly wore a nice shirt and dress pants and the boyfriend at the time wore a nice shirt and pants. Next cruise on the Legend going to wear one of my new dresses and if the Disney line as a speciality restuarant I will try that one as well with my boyfriend who I am taking on his first cruise. Have fun and enjoy your alone time that is what I am going to be doing on my NOvember cruise;);)

A couple of months ago, I would have said there is no way they are worth it. But with the change in menus in the the MDR, the specialty restaurants are becoming more relevant, and will drive the cost of cruising up if you want to do it right, unfortunately.

A couple of months ago, I would have said there is no way they are worth it. But with the change in menus in the the MDR, the specialty restaurants are becoming more relevant, and will drive the cost of cruising up if you want to do it right, unfortunately.

Have you ever been to one of the steakhouses on Carnival? If you have, then how can you say that the meal was not worth 30 bucks? It would cost you well over 100 bucks for the same meal in NYC. Even if you factor in the theory that you already paid for your dinner in the MDR, why pay for it again in the steakhouse....it is STILL WORTH IT.

As I like to say...

those who choose to have dinner at the Lido buffet...eat.

those who choose to have dinner at the MDR...eat better.

those who choose to have dinner at the Steakhouse...they dine.

those who choose to have dinner at the Lido buffet...eat.

those who choose to have dinner at the MDR...eat better.

those who choose to have dinner at the Steakhouse...they dine.

I love it!.... Couldn't have said it better myself!..:D:D..

But you're so right!.... We are hooked on the 'Steak House' ... A definite must on every cruise... Worth EVERY bit of $30pp...:D

I love it!.... Couldn't have said it better myself!..:D:D..

But you're so right!.... We are hooked on the 'Steak House' ... A definite must on every cruise... Worth EVERY bit of $30pp...:D

Yo Dave....Rich sent you my email address. We're trying to coordinate for the steakhouse, maybe on day three. A sea day is always better because you want to enjoy the steakhouse experience and not be too tired or hung over after frequenting an open bar in Manzanillo and Puerto Vallarta like we'll be doing on days 4 & 5.:cool:

Archived