Is there a lot of 9yr olds/teens on cruises?

imfunny

We are shipping out on the 10th of this month and my kids (9 & 13) are worried there won't be any kids due to school. We homeschool so this isn't an issue for us. Is there normally lots of kids during fall cruises?

Thanks!

let us know your itinerary...short cruise? week-long?? where ya goin??

We have taken our DD on 8 cruises, since she was about 5yrs. old. She is now 12.

I would say not to expect alot of kids that age on your cruise. Never the less...Camp Carnival will have lots of activities to keep them busy...IF they choose to participate. My suggestion is to bring things they like...I-Pod.. I-Pad...games books whatever just in case the club is not full of kids.

Once we know where you are going, we may be able to give more opinions and irst hand experiences so that you and your children can have a blast.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

It depends on what port you're sailing out of and the week. We are cruising Nov 5th out of Florida, and NJ schools have a break during that week, so we will be having plenty of families from there on our cruise. Cruising out of New Orleans & Mobile the same week the last 2 years, there were practically no kids. But I think that families are more likely to cruise out of Florida or Galveston than New Orleans. Sometimes, if schools are out for just a couple days plus the weekend, and a 4-day or 5-day cruise coincides with that, there could be more kids. But schools in different parts of the country vary with their days off.

We are shipping out on the 10th of this month and my kids (9 & 13) are worried there won't be any kids due to school. We homeschool so this isn't an issue for us. Is there normally lots of kids during fall cruises?

Thanks!

Even during the school year Carnival will have about 150 kids on the cruise if the cruise is one week long or shorter.

I am also worried about this same issue. I will be bringing my 7 year old daughter on a 4 day cruise leaving from Miami and going to Cozumel. The cruise leaves from Miami on a Thursday and returns on Monday. There is no school for our county on the day the cruise leaves - September 29th. This will be my 3rd cruise, but my daughters first cruise. During past cruises the ships had LOTS of kids, but that was always during the spring (March -May).

Really hope there are plenty of kids on board our ship, but I am beginning to think I booked the wrong cruise for her to join me. I have seen it referred to as a "booze cruise". We will visit only 1 port and have 2 sea full sea days.

I am also worried about this same issue. I will be bringing my 7 year old daughter on a 4 day cruise leaving from Miami and going to Cozumel. The cruise leaves from Miami on a Thursday and returns on Monday. There is no school for our county on the day the cruise leaves - September 29th. This will be my 3rd cruise, but my daughters first cruise. During past cruises the ships had LOTS of kids, but that was always during the spring (March -May).

Really hope there are plenty of kids on board our ship, but I am beginning to think I booked the wrong cruise for her to join me. I have seen it referred to as a "booze cruise". We will visit only 1 port and have 2 sea full sea days.

I was on a similar itinerary in March of last year..the week before Spring break started. While I didn't see a lot of 'older' kids.. I did see quite a few in the age range of your daughter. If you are cruising on a ship with a water works.. I would stay in that area to limit the amount of 'booze cruisers'!!

I love Cozumel.. we went snorkeling in Chankanaab..had a GREAT time!

I was on a similar itinerary in March of last year..the week before Spring break started. While I didn't see a lot of 'older' kids.. I did see quite a few in the age range of your daughter. If you are cruising on a ship with a water works.. I would stay in that area to limit the amount of 'booze cruisers'!!

I love Cozumel.. we went snorkeling in Chankanaab..had a GREAT time!

No water works on our ship.... we will be on Destiny. We could have booked Imagination, but that cruise is Monday - Friday and Destiny is Thursday - Monday (so she only misses 2 days of school). Also, Imagination stops in Key West.... not a big deal for us because we live in South Florida and would rather have more time im Mexico.

Thinking of doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel. Minimum age is 8 years old and she wont be 8 for a few months. She is a GREAT swimmer (better than mommy) and about a foot taller than other kids in her class at school. Maybe they wont realize she is only 7 for the dolphin swim?

So what happens if there isn't a lot of kids. Do they have the same amount of actives just with a few children? I honestly just hope there is at least 10 kids each of my kids age.

the activities will still happen. I found that my older daughter would hang with the younger group, and had just as much fun....the councilors didn't have a problem with it.

It is VERY important that your kids go to the get together the first night..I think it sets the tone for the whole cruise....even if there are only a few kids, they will have a chance to meet each other...it really is the best opportunity..

No water works on our ship.... we will be on Destiny. We could have booked Imagination, but that cruise is Monday - Friday and Destiny is Thursday - Monday (so she only misses 2 days of school). Also, Imagination stops in Key West.... not a big deal for us because we live in South Florida and would rather have more time im Mexico.

Thinking of doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel. Minimum age is 8 years old and she wont be 8 for a few months. She is a GREAT swimmer (better than mommy) and about a foot taller than other kids in her class at school. Maybe they wont realize she is only 7 for the dolphin swim?

we'll miss you by a week I guess! As for the dolphin swim....I've seen videos..and liked the one at Sea World better!! :).. but that's just me...

We sail alot with our kids. My 5 year old has been on 12 cruises and my 2 year old 6. There are always kids of all ages on every Carnival cruise we have been on even during school time. There certainly aren't as many as spring break and summer sailings but there are always some. Your children should have no problem finding at least one friend to hang out with during the week.

We sail alot with our kids. My 5 year old has been on 12 cruises and my 2 year old 6. There are always kids of all ages on every Carnival cruise we have been on even during school time. There certainly aren't as many as spring break and summer sailings but there are always some. Your children should have no problem finding at least one friend to hang out with during the week.

Thanks! Keeping fingers crossed my 7 year old daughter has a great first time cruise experience! My husband doesnt LOVE cruising like I do, she could be my new cruise buddy LOL

Even during the school year Carnival will have about 150 kids on the cruise if the cruise is one week long or shorter.

I do not believe that the number is that many. We have sailed many times in Sept for less kids onboard.

The most we have ever seen was 35 kids under 18.

Now the end of September is a school holiday for a lot of schools in the south.

On Sept 10th- there will not be many kids onboard-- some but not many.

Parents will take the kids out of school at a later date but very few want them missing the first few weeks.

There will be some kids. camp is opened.

I do not believe that the number is that many. We have sailed many times in Sept for less kids onboard.

The most we have ever seen was 35 kids under 18.

Now the end of September is a school holiday for a lot of schools in the south.

On Sept 10th- there will not be many kids onboard-- some but not many.

Parents will take the kids out of school at a later date but very few want them missing the first few weeks.

There will be some kids. camp is opened.

Carnival Pride, May 2004 (this is just the younger kids that showed up for the first night mixer) ...

B-IMG_0153.jpg

B-IMG_0487.jpg

B-IMG_0489.jpg

B-IMG_0496.jpg

I was also on the Carnival Glory in May 2006, the NCL Star in October 2005, and have toured the Voyager of the Seas twice in October (2005 & 2006) and on each of those cruises there were about 150 children. Since I was not cruising with any children I didn't take any pictures of the children's activities.

Archived