Price Lowered Should I Get A Credit

jtwanabe

If I'm breaking a rule please forgive I'm doing it out of ignorance.

I notice that the price for the inside cabin on Carnival has gone down like $40.00. The Ocean view is now the same price I paid for the inside.

I inquired about upgrading or getting the lower price and I got this back:

"After final payment date the cruise is in cancellation penalty period. Carnival will not adjust prices once penalty period starts."

Well that bites. Has this been the experience of others. I mean what was the point of booking 90 days early if the good deal show up afterwards.

Please advise .........I mean for the same price I could have an ocean view.

:(

If the price went up would you call and ask to pay it? If you got downgraded, would you complain? I'm just curious.

This happens all the time in everyday life. prices fluctuate. Book it when you can and be happy!

When you book under the Early Saver rate, there is a form that needs to completed and sumbitted to Carnival to request a credit or upgrade when the price drops. If you booked through a travel agent, then the agent is the one responsible for completing and submitting that form. You need contact your agent and have them do this for you. Be very specific. If you actually booked under Early Saver, then there should be no problem. Good luck!

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I have curious about getting discounts on price drops. Is the form available on Carnival's site? My price has not dropped, but I want to be able to take advantage of it if it does. I booked this through Carnival's site, thanks for any help.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I have curious about getting discounts on price drops. Is the form available on Carnival's site? My price has not dropped, but I want to be able to take advantage of it if it does. I booked this through Carnival's site, thanks for any help.

As long as you booked Early Saver rate, you can use this form~

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

If the price went up would you call and ask to pay it? If you got downgraded, would you complain? I'm just curious.

This happens all the time in everyday life. prices fluctuate. Book it when you can and be happy!

Right...except that the Early Saver fare allows you to get OBC or upgrades when the price drops, up to 2 days before sailing. When Carnival has a program specifically for this purpose, why is it unreasonable for someone to want them to honour it :confused:

If you booked Early Saver, you can use the link Alliezona posted earlier (or have your travel agent complete it if you booked through a TA). That's good for price drops up to 2 days before sailing.

With any other rate, you can get the price difference if it's before final payment. Just call your TA or Carnival, depending on how you booked. After final payment, Carnival is no longer obligated to give you anything but you can always try for OBC or an upgrade.

Right...except that the Early Saver fare allows you to get OBC or upgrades when the price drops, up to 2 days before sailing. When Carnival has a program specifically for this purpose, why is it unreasonable for someone to want them to honour it :confused:

Great post!

As long as you booked Early Saver rate, you can use this form~

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Respectfully, this is a link to the Fare Viewer, used to check for rate reductions. this would be the link for the form required:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

:D

Because i did not see where the OP stated it was an ES they booked. If it is ok then, no problem. If not my question still stands. Point being in general, anyone can drive themselves crazy looking for the lowest prices on anything.

best of luck and happy cruising...

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. The crucial clue was the sacred form. I talked to

my TA and low and behold it's true. So at least I have applied for the difference as

a OBC. I came home with a skip in my step. My wife asked me why and I said "I beat

the system I got my OMC" Not being immersed in the cruising culture she just shrugged

her shoulders and rolled her eyes.

Aye ... bye the gods of Asgaard and Odin's beard I beat the system. Life is good.

Thanks again for all your help. :D

A little more drop and maybe I'll get my balcony.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. The crucial clue was the sacred form. I talked to

my TA and low and behold it's true. So at least I have applied for the difference as

a OBC. I came home with a skip in my step. My wife asked me why and I said "I beat

the system I got my OMC" Not being immersed in the cruising culture she just shrugged

her shoulders and rolled her eyes.

Aye ... bye the gods of Asgaard and Odin's beard I beat the system. Life is good.

Thanks again for all your help. :D

A little more drop and maybe I'll get my balcony.

Glad to hear your TA worked for you, as they are supposed to!! Enjoy your cruise~

This is a common misunderstanding especially with new cruisers.

If you book thru a TA,,, the TA is now contractually obligated to be your middleman in all communications with the cruiseline. It's not that the cruiseline doesn't WANT to work with you,,, they CAN'T because of contractual obligations with TA's.

Just like if you are a union employee. You can't just go to your company and ask for a raise. It must be negotiated with your union and the company.

This is mostly the same with airlines and hotels. If you book with a brick and mortoar TA or an online TA and you need to make changes to your reservations,,,, The TA has to communicate this request.

Sometimes the savings are great, but the headaches can be great also.

If you book thru a TA,,, the TA is now contractually obligated to be your middleman in all communications with the cruiseline. It's not that the cruiseline doesn't WANT to work with you,,, they CAN'T because of contractual obligations with TA's.

I understand all of the above. The issue was that my TA despite my emails

of inquiry never once suggested the "form" I needed to fill out to request a credit in the case of a price reduction. If it wasn't for the good folks on this forum mentioning it I still wouldn't know about it. I mean why wouldn't they say something to me. That kind of bothers me a bit. I'm not sure how well served I was.

:mad:

of inquiry never once suggested the "form" I needed to fill out to request a credit in the case of a price reduction. If it wasn't for the good folks on this forum mentioning it I still wouldn't know about it. I mean why wouldn't they say something to me. That kind of bothers me a bit. I'm not sure how well served I was.

:mad:

Thats why alot of people prefer to deal either with a PVP or book directly with Carnival. Its alot easier and you eliminate the "middleman". Last year I used a TA for both my cruises..this year, PVP. Its alot easier. Glad you finally got your OBC. Enjoy your cruise.

I contacted my TA when i saw that my price had dropped $100 - i took a screenshot of it and sent it to her. she replied back that she didn't see that rate and that Carnival said it was no longer available......

i was pissed - that's why i took the screenshot at the moment i saw it - so i'd have proof....

i booked ES - cruise is 64 days out - i have already paid in full for OV

shouldn't i be allowed to get OBC at least?? the price drop was for an OV as well..... aauuggghhhh

guess i'll never use a TA again and next time do it myself.

[quote name='newbiecruiser-texas']I contacted my TA when i saw that my price had dropped $100 - i took a screenshot of it and sent it to her. she replied back that she didn't see that rate and that Carnival said it was no longer available......

i was pissed - that's why i took the screenshot at the moment i saw it - so i'd have proof....

shouldn't i be allowed to get OBC at least?? the price drop was for an OV as well..... aauuggghhhh

guess i'll never use a TA again and next time do it myself.[/quote]

Maybe not the exact category you booked?

[quote name='jtwanabe'][U][I][COLOR=Red]If you book thru a TA,,, the TA is now contractually obligated to be your middleman in all communications with the cruiseline. It's not that the cruiseline doesn't WANT to work with you,,, they CAN'T because of contractual obligations with TA's.
[/COLOR] [/I][/U]

:mad:[/QUOTE]

I see you referenced in your last 2 post that you filled out the form.

If that is true then you could still be rejected since the TA has to fill in the form and submit it, not you.

Sometimes it will get approved anyway but most times not.

Hopefully I just misunderstood and your TA did it.

Good luck

Bill

It is not always the case that the TA must fill out the form! Last year I had a cruise booked (ES) which was canceled by Carnival... but prior to its cancellation, the price dropped and I filled out and submitted the form on my own. And it was approved; I got the lower price. It was a moot point, since the cruise was canceled, but still...

[quote name='newbiecruiser-texas']I contacted my TA when i saw that my price had dropped $100 - i took a screenshot of it and sent it to her. she replied back that she didn't see that rate and that Carnival said it was no longer available......

guess i'll never use a TA again and next time do it myself.[/QUOTE]

I see that you contacted your TA when you saw pack and go rates.

When booked ES you are booked into a specific category 6a, 6b, etc.

pack and go rates are guarantee cabins where you dont pick your cabin, Carnival does so you cant compare the price since it has to be the exact category.

I see you were questioning that ES rates were no longer showing. For shorter cruises they disappear 3 months before the cruise and for longer cruises they disappear 5 months before the cruise.

You can still get rate drops up until 2 days before the cruise if the price drops for any price you qualify for, past guest, resident, etc.

Bill

[B][U][quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']I see you referenced in your last 2 post that you filled out the form.

If that is true then you could still be rejected since the TA has to fill in the form and submit it, not you.
[/U][/B]
Just to clarify I didn't fill out the form. I called the TA and let them know I knew about it and then they said they would fill out the form.
That was yesterday after the price drop had lasted over a week.

I just noticed the cruise I booked has since really this morning gone up over 100.00. So what happens now. Yesterday when I spoke with
the TA there was a price drop now the price has gone up. Is it a moment in time thing or am I still eligible for the price drop. I'm not really
confident that the TA submitted the form yesterday when we spoke.:mad:

[quote name='jtwanabe'][B][U][quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']I see you referenced in your last 2 post that you filled out the form.[/quote][/U][/B][quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']

[U][B]If that is true then you could still be rejected since the TA has to fill in the form and submit it, not you.[/B][/U]

Just to clarify I didn't fill out the form. I called the TA and let them know I knew about it and then they said they would fill out the form.
That was yesterday after the price drop had lasted over a week.

I just noticed the cruise I booked has since really this morning gone up over 100.00. So what happens now. Yesterday when I spoke with
the TA there was a price drop now the price has gone up. Is it a moment in time thing or am I still eligible for the price drop. I'm not really
confident that the TA submitted the form yesterday when we spoke.:mad:[/quote]

Carnival can look back in time don't worry they will see the price it was yesterday. Keep on the TA until you know for sure you got the price drop.

guess i'll never use a TA again and next time do it myself.[/QUOTE]

And this is why we don't use a TA anymore when we do Early Saver. Too much of a hassle to get in touch with the TA to have them fill out the form (if they even filled it out in the first place).

The last time we used a TA for Early Saver, she entered the wrong cruise info that we wanted the price reduction for. Needless to say, we never saw the $80 reduction.:mad:

This is my first cruise to handle by myself. The other two have been company cruises. I would have never suspected that there was this matrix of issues and characters.
It seems to be something of an art form to navigate all the twist and terns.

By nature I try to think the best of people but the fact remains that though I more than once asked about the "price reduction" the TA did not offer to mention this "price
reduction form". Kind of hard not to deduce that I wasn't being taken care of as a customer.

Well live and learn. The adventure continues. :rolleyes:

Archived