Submarine excursion?

samtesla

Just got off the web booking on April 30 Caribbean Princess (kids can blow off a week from school, no sweat). Being the techno-nerd parents that we are, we're looking into a submarine excursion that I remember seeing offered in St. Marten? Cost was ok and that was a real sub (Atlantis?). Anyone done that?

I do not recall one being offered in St Marteen. I did the sub in St Thomas last April with my 9 year old granddaughter. She absolutely loved it and wants to go again this June when we are there again. And even I enjoyed it. I consider it one of the better bargains and tours in St Thomas. We saw lots of sea life and went down to a depth of around 70 feet. The sub ride and the ride out to the sub and back are top notch. I recommend sitting or standing outside on the ride to or from the sub. Great views of St Thomas and the harbor.

A note for picture taking: I found that my digital camera took better pictures than did a normal camera with 800 ASI film. Just be sure to turn off your flash.

I took the Atlantis submarine in Hawaii while the DH lounged at the pre-cruise hotel pool. I loved it and it was alot of fun especially if you don't dive. I did the total “booklover thing” and bought the book to show which fish I actually saw and compare it to the pictures I took. Definitely take the digital camera so you can take a picture of the depth gauge and show your friends you actually did dive. I enjoyed it so much I talked the DH into Helmet Diving in Bermuda so this time I could touch the pretty fish! :D

Archived