spirit - smart casual

Hi folks, us again!

Getting close to our cruise on 30th September. We just wondered what the definition of smart casual is for the Compass Rose. I know jeans are not really classed as smart casual but anyone know if they are tolerated for men and women in the evening?

What about cut offs and leggings? I know it makes us sound a bit chavie, were not at all. We spend all week wearing suits for work!

The wife is hoping for negative answers. Dreaming of a pre cruise shopping spree.

Hi, I've been on Destiny this year and Spirit last year, whilst you don't have to dress up at night if you don't want to, I've never seen anyone in jeans in the Compass Rose. Mens jean style you can get away but would say a definate no, no in denim, a lady probably ok in cropped linen trousers with a nice top, but again most ladies seem to have dresses and long trousers/nice tops on, defiantely no tshirts on an evening either, unless they have a collar on them, men have all got long trousers on.

For breakfast/lunch, shorts are acceptable but they won't let men in in sleeveless tops you must have a tshirt on, I know this as my son was asked to change at breakfast as he had a sleeveless one on. Ladies can wear shorts and vest tops.

In the buffets anything goes, but swimwear must be covered up, saw a girl on Destiny on the pool deck turned away from the food area as she had a swimsuit on.

Hope this helps!

And we ladies never need an excuse to buy new clothes;)

Oh and I think the leggings and nice top would be fine on an evening!

Archived