Inviting guests

Saveapenny

LOL

Yes this has been debated here many many times and it leads to great and hostile debates. As someone previously stated, suite guests only get that perk. But as some have posted and reminded us, if you fuss enough some have gotten their way and brought friends into Cagneys.

One poster asked to bring friends into the Epic Club. The concierge said no but the guy kept persisting and finally the Maitre D let his friends into the restaurant for dinner.

I dont understand why they put themselves through that fuss. Isnt it easier to just meet friends or family at the MDR?

Also, it may not be a big deal but just imagine if every guest invited their friends for breakfast at Cagneys. It would be a zoo. So why do some feel they should be above or treated different than their fellow passengers on board.

So it can happen but it is a messy process ;)

The problem with giving suite perks and access to guests of suite passengers is that, eventually, you will multiply the burden/consumption of these items many times over. If it becomes common practice, small groups or families will have only one member of their party book a suite figuring that the entire party could then "keyhole" to the suite benefits.

This as probably been covered before but I don't seem to be able to find it.

Can you invite guest to have breakfast with you in Cagneys when you have a suit or join you in the courtyard? thank you for your replies

Everyone seems to have the Cagney's part well in hand, but what about the courtyard question? You have to pass through a list check to get into Cagney's, but isn't the courtyard on the honor system? How does anyone even know who is a suite pax and who is not up there?

Everyone seems to have the Cagney's part well in hand, but what about the courtyard question? You have to pass through a list check to get into Cagney's, but isn't the courtyard on the honor system? How does anyone even know who is a suite pax and who is not up there?

They dont , a complaint would be the only way the staff would question it. ;)

If you invite Johnny to Cagneys, you should also invite Susie. And Susies sister and boyfriend, and son, and grandmother. Just joking, but, bottom line Cagneys is a perk paid for by certain people. You can not bestow that perk to anyone else.

The courtyard technically is similar. Keep in mind that many suite are NOT eligible to use the courtyard either. Only those staying on that level and Owners Suite.

Not, if you are in one of those suites, you can invite somebody to YOUR room. And, if you in passing, you see the courtyard empty, you could easiy sit their for a minute and not be hassled. That particular "option' is surely up for debate, but....

The problem with giving suite perks and access to guests of suite passengers is that, eventually, you will multiply the burden/consumption of these items many times over. If it becomes common practice, small groups or families will have only one member of their party book a suite figuring that the entire party could then "keyhole" to the suite benefits.

Then there would be no room for those that actually paid for the privilage.

Sorry,...It was just for one special day on our 30th wedding anniversary no every day thank you for all your relies I think I will just order in room to save the hassle x

Nothing to be sorry about - you just had a question - and got the typical answers to that particularly question (actually much "tamer" than usual) I hope you have a GREAT 30th anniversary.

To be able to get into the concierge area and then onwards into the courtyard you have to have a silver keycard with access. So you arrive in the lifts to deck 16 on your left is the Epic Club and the right a door to the Concierge area. It's a big door which you cannot see through. You have to use to use your card to open it.

Once open you need to walk past the concierge and I would say 99% of the time it is manned. Certainly all the staff knew our party immediately by name and I would imagine it would be near on impossible to sneak into this area.

Also when you do the lifeboat drill all the suite passengers are placed together so you are kind of aware of who is cruising here.

If you turned left into the Epic Club there is sign notifying passengers of who is able to access this. If you go into the club - a very posh bar - you can buy a drink but you would be asked for your key card so it would be quickly apparent you are not supposed to be there.

If you want to use the restaurant you are are asked for your suite number before entering so again it would be difficult to sneak in.

When we first when to the POSH bar on deck 18 you need to enter via the Epic Club - we were stopped and asked for proof of either purchase of entrance to the POSH bar or our room key - very politely but checks were in place.

There are always going to be exceptions and special occasions and I hope we live in a world were we can empathize with our fellow passengers. I am pretty sure the concierge knows the score and will allow entry when it's appropriate and available and if asked properly and not when the club is too busy or for some other reason it wouldn't be appropriate.

The short and long of it is you would need to ask when you arrive but go with realistic expectations.

To be able to get into the concierge area and then onwards into the courtyard you have to have a silver keycard with access. So you arrive in the lifts to deck 16 on your left is the Epic Club and the right a door to the Concierge area. It's a big door which you cannot see through. You have to use to use your card to open it.

Once open you need to walk past the concierge and I would say 99% of the time it is manned. Certainly all the staff knew our party immediately by name and I would imagine it would be near on impossible to sneak into this area.

Also when you do the lifeboat drill all the suite passengers are placed together so you are kind of aware of who is cruising here.

If you turned left into the Epic Club there is sign notifying passengers of who is able to access this. If you go into the club - a very posh bar - you can buy a drink but you would be asked for your key card so it would be quickly apparent you are not supposed to be there.

If you want to use the restaurant you are are asked for your suite number before entering so again it would be difficult to sneak in.

When we first when to the POSH bar on deck 18 you need to enter via the Epic Club - we were stopped and asked for proof of either purchase of entrance to the POSH bar or our room key - very politely but checks were in place.

There are always going to be exceptions and special occasions and I hope we live in a world were we can empathize with our fellow passengers. I am pretty sure the concierge knows the score and will allow entry when it's appropriate and available and if asked properly and not when the club is too busy or for some other reason it wouldn't be appropriate.

The short and long of it is you would need to ask when you arrive but go with realistic expectations.

Wow. This is a NICE post. Its informative and nonjudgemental.

So its the lifeboat drill where you get to scope out who belongs in your courtyard; its sort of like the meet and greet for the havenites? :p

When we did the lifeboat drill I didn't realise straight away that it was the Courtyard Suite guests only but it didn't take long to figure it out as there was a check off list and we all had the same silver passes. I also saw pretty much all the same people again in the courtyard area (pool and restaurant).

Thanks for the post compliment.

Emma

If you invite Johnny to Cagneys, you should also invite Susie. And Susies sister and boyfriend, and son, and grandmother. Just joking, but, bottom line Cagneys is a perk paid for by certain people. You can not bestow that perk to anyone else.

The courtyard technically is similar. Keep in mind that many suite are NOT eligible to use the courtyard either. Only those staying on that level and Owners Suite.

Not, if you are in one of those suites, you can invite somebody to YOUR room. And, if you in passing, you see the courtyard empty, you could easiy sit their for a minute and not be hassled. That particular "option' is surely up for debate, but....

According to the Epic suite description. all suites are entitled to use the 'Courtyard area, Concierge Lounge and private Restaurant and Bar'....Thanks.

Here we go again.

If I'm sailing in a suite but my friends are across the hall in an inside cabin, and I order a pizza for them but have it delivered to Cagney's to me to give to them and they just meet me at the door to the Star Bar but on the way they have to skip a port because of a hurricane warning, do I get an OBC, a free day, a spa pass, or a no-charge Pizza? :rolleyes:

If I'm sailing in a suite but my friends are across the hall in an inside cabin, and I order a pizza for them but have it delivered to Cagney's to me to give to them and they just meet me at the door to the Star Bar but on the way they have to skip a port because of a hurricane warning, do I get an OBC, a free day, a spa pass, or a no-charge Pizza? :rolleyes:

It depends. Is it high tide or low tide?

I think you get your choice of a $50 OBC or a free soft drink at the buffet during low tide and your choice of a spa pass or spanking during high tide.

Good One! :D

yes.

According to the Epic suite description. all suites are entitled to use the 'Courtyard area, Concierge Lounge and private Restaurant and Bar'....Thanks.

Correct for the Epic that all full suites have access. On the other ships with Courtyard/Haven (Jewel, Jem, Jade, and Pearl), only the Courtyard Villas, Owner's Suites/Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Garden Villas have access. The Courtyards on those ships are not designed to accomodate extra passengers and it's only fair to limit those perks to those who paid for them, IMO. Note: We've only cruised in a CV once. All other cruises have been in inside (once), oceanview (once), balcony or mini suite (several; once we went balcony, we never looked back). We would never expect or ask to be included in any perk, except perhaps priority boarding and disembarkation if cruising with other family members, because we have not paid for it.

I don't imagine it would hurt to ask about one special time for a very special occasion, but then you run into the "almost everyone is celebrating something special" concern. Asking your butler to serve in your suite is generally the best compromise and certainly more private for a celebration.

beachchick

I don't imagine it would hurt to ask about one special time for a very special occasion, but then you run into the "almost everyone is celebrating something special" concern.

I remember flying home (business trip) to Orlando International Airport during the summer months. Don't remember which airline. But during the announcement about boarding, they mentioned they would not be pre boarding families with children because there were so many familes with children.

I forget which thread this was posted on, but someone is celebrating the 20th anniversary of their 1st date! :eek:

So yeah - "almost everyone is celebrating something special!"

Correct for the Epic that all full suites have access. On the other ships with Courtyard/Haven (Jewel, Jem, Jade, and Pearl), only the Courtyard Villas, Owner's Suites/Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Garden Villas have access. The Courtyards on those ships are not designed to accomodate extra passengers and it's only fair to limit those perks to those who paid for them, IMO. Note: We've only cruised in a CV once. All other cruises have been in inside (once), oceanview (once), balcony or mini suite (several; once we went balcony, we never looked back). We would never expect or ask to be included in any perk, except perhaps priority boarding and disembarkation if cruising with other family members, because we have not paid for it.

I don't imagine it would hurt to ask about one special time for a very special occasion, but then you run into the "almost everyone is celebrating something special" concern. Asking your butler to serve in your suite is generally the best compromise and certainly more private for a celebration.

beachchick

Thanks Beachchick.....Makes sense, Glad I chose the Epic for that reason.

Archived