Problems with bringing Flowers aboard in Spain???

elsie3939

Anyone know if there are restrictions in bringing flowers aboard to use in stateroom in Palma de Mallorca for a transatlantic? Several of us on the Grandeur in October want to know...Help, Please!!!

They don't allow it on other cruises so I can't imagine this one would be different.

If you like flowers for your room you have to buy them onboard as they will not let you board with flowers or any other vegetation. as well you cant take them off also :(We have tried in the past and have always been stopped as you try to board..We have bought flowers while we are on shore an given them to someone at the dock rather than let RCI throw them away:)

Anyone know if there are restrictions in bringing flowers aboard to use in stateroom in Palma de Mallorca for a transatlantic? Several of us on the Grandeur in October want to know...Help, Please!!!

They don't allow it on other cruises so I can't imagine this one would be different.

If you like flowers for your room you have to buy them onboard as they will not let you board with flowers or any other vegetation. as well you cant take them off also :(We have tried in the past and have always been stopped as you try to board..We have bought flowers while we are on shore an given them to someone at the dock rather than let RCI throw them away:)

Do these replies relate to Palma? I've taken flowers ON board with RCI Southampton ( UK), NCL (Dover UK) Princess & Carnival, can't remember which FL ports.

Often brought cut flowers on from various ports including barcelona,no problem so try it and see.

I frequently bring flowers onboard RCCL (Canaries, Costa Rica, San Francisco, Kauai immediately come to mind). What you can't do is take flowers OFF the ship for the above stated reasons.

Missus Makkem & Pat, these are the replies I was hoping to see. :D

Well,..if you have to get them,from the ship,The good news is,their flowers usually last all week,and are in great shape,have a great time;)

I've had flowers that I've taken on board still as fresh after a two week cruise. ;)

I take vases (plastic but look like cut glass ;)) on all our European cruises and have bought flowers in every port and brought back onboard the ship, no problems. Planning on doing the same in October:) You just can not take them off the ship or thru Customs, etc. Enjoy.

Like alcohol, water, soda pop, irons, extension cords, food and the myriad of other items that may or may not be allowed enforcement (even of non-problem items) is hit and miss. RCI crew are very inconsistent in how rules (or non-rules) are applied. Can vary from ship to ship and shift to shift. We had wanted to maybe get some flowers on Las Ramblas in Barcelona and based on the positive responses we will probably stii do so - but not expensive, knowing they might get blocked. We might ask at guest relations first though.

If they were worried about pests getting onboard ship then they would not allow opening balcony doors in port (so flies don't come in) and would fumigate luggage for bed bugs. But keeping flowers onboard at cruise end makes sense and they would end up with other waste in incinerator taking care of any bugs.

Archived