Stock Holder Benefits??

AliceS

Just a guess on my part but I think this would be a question better directed to Princess, assuming you're a major stockholder. By that I mean the percentage of stock you own has a real number before you get to the decimal point when listing your percentage of shares.

If you're like the rest of us and your percentage of shares owned starts with a decimal point followed by a bunch of zeros before getting to the real numbers, your benefit would be your ability to see first hand how the business is run from a customer's standpoint and make a decision on whether or not you want to continue to hold their shares.

Once again, call Princess and ask them.

Just shows me (again) that I shouldn't shoot my mouth off about something I don't know about.

Good benefits...I should probably pick up some shares.

Please forgive my impetuousness and my inclination to go for the cheap laugh.

This has been a truly great benifit.

We had sailed on Carnival 3 times last year, booked currently on Princess, Holland America and again in December on Carnival. The savings to us, so far (onboard credits) has been $100.00 for each of those cruises......

That is $600.00 in savings so far. AND....they treat you real nice as a stockholder of 100 shares or more.

AND....the stock has done quite nicely. It is currently down some after the sharp increase in fuel......But this too, will pass.............

I am in the process of downloading the annual report - 53 pages and I have dial up connection, so it will be a while.

I think you must own a minimum of 100 shares to try to collect the shipboard credits. I bought 101 shares recently for my IRA. :)

Has anyone actually collected the SBC?

Thank you everyone. My experience has been that CCL does not give any ship board credit with group space or other discounts. RCL gives the ship board credit regardless of other discounts. Does anyone know if CCL combines stock holders SBC with onboard bookings?

We also have enough shares of Carnival stock for credit. But, have never been able to get any SBC with them. TA always gives us credit, so that null and voids anything from the stock. Also we have been doing on-board booking and that also null and voids getting any credit from the stock. We have tried to use this on Princess but not a Carnival cruise. On the flip side, we didn't buy it to get credit, just hoped it would increase in value, and that has been a big payoff for us. The stock has rebounded wonderfully since the downturn in 2001, so I can't complain at all.

Good luck and hopes it works for you.

Hulagirl

RCCL also offers a 'Shareholder Benefit'. They even have an application form which makes it a little easier to apply. I had no problem getting the benefit on top of my TA credit and a C&A coupon.

Application form - http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit2.pdf

RCCL Investor Relations:

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=100&layout=9

Thanks, West Coast. Nothing has changed, we always cruise with a reduced rate and like the group space SBC that our TA gives. We also pre book on board and that eliminates the stock SBC. I have RCL stock and we do get the SBC on Celebrity, so I'll keep that in my IRA and enjoy the benefits that I get from Princess. I just like to check it out once in a while to see if they change the policy.

Hate to disagree with everyone, but I've been able to receive sbc on all my cruises in the last year and a half, since I purchased the stock. I've booked thru the internet at a discounted price, and my last Carnival cruise was a group cruise with reduced rate plus a group related shipboard credit. I think the difference is that I never went thru the travel agent to request the credit. I fax a letter to Carnival investor relations, giving them the date, ship, and booking number, and a copy of my broker statement. I have Never had a problem getting the credit.

Well, I just faxed our info for our next cruise in May......so, I'll let you know what happened. Last year, I did receive the sbc on our November cruise, but it was assigned to us prior to the change in policy. When I hear something, I'll let you all know.

Without turning this thread into an "I got it! I didn't get it!" forum, the best advise is to send your request to Liza McDaniels and let her get back to you directly.

There was a signifigant change in October 2004 as to how Princess will 'combine' the Shareholder credit, or not.

If you're booked on a "Princess" ship, send your request to:

Liza McDaniel, Yield Management

Tel: (661) 753-0305

Fax: (661) 753-0180

Archived