uh oh.... i may have booboo'd....

momofdss

I booked a january cruise for dh, myself, our toddler and our grown dd and her bf are also going...

dh and I have only been on one cruise before and it was ok but I'm REALLY excited about this one cause the "kids" are going and we'll have "company"... (it's always more fun when you have someone to "hang" with, right? -- we're not the kind of people to just walk up and start talking to strangers)

So here's my dilemma..... dh is not too thrilled about going because it's HUNTING SEASON... :rolleyes: he says we may have to cancel if it snows (he loves the snow and it never snows here) or if the deer are in rut :eek:

What can I possibly do to talk him into going and get him excited about this?? We are going to Mobay (been there and love jamaica) the Caymans (never been there) and Cozumel (hate it there and will probably stay on the ship).....

I am open to any and all suggestions and am willing to go to extremes including deceit...;) the cruise is scheduled to leave 3 days after his bday and i want him to have a good time.....

thanks for your help ---- please don't slander me for the deceit part, i'm not a bad person, i just really want him to relax and get away from here for a week -- he has a heart condition and is stressed from his job way too much...

oh - and in case you ask we booked ES so my deposit is non-refundable but i did get insurance with cancel for any reason that would pay 90% of the total price of the cruise. but i don't want to cancel.... advice please!! :confused:

Put one of his guns to his head and tell him he's going or else you're gonna mount his head above the fireplace.

roflmao.... thanks!! i'll try that!! :D he'll look cute next to the deer !! (yes, i have animals on my wall :o )

Personally, if my DH doesn't want to go and I have others to travel with, I would simply go without him. I've learned that I enjoy myself more that way than if I make him come along and he ends up pouting because he wanted to be doing something else. Plus getting away from each other for a little while makes us appreciate each other more.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

roflmao.... thanks!! i'll try that!! :D he'll look cute next to the deer !! (yes, i have animals on my wall :o )

Find a large photo of his face and put it on the wall with the other heads.

Bring him in the room, point at it and suggest that the real thing will be there if he doesn't comply with your request. :D

I'm liking these replies... keep 'em coming!! :D

we've been to Cozumel and found the natives to be rude and obnoxious. they can speak english and pretend not to :rolleyes: the place is dirty and we just didn't like it.... the pacific side of mexico is MUCH better JMO

the picture on the wall is FANTASTIC.....

but withholding the goods.... (even better) ;)

he wants to go to Bermuda or Aruba - so i've been looking at those.... are the prices on the balcony cabins to Aruba out of Ft Lauderdale generally $900+?? seems high to me, but i haven't been watching those. (we would want a balcony cabin).... if i could find a cruise out of FL to Aruba at a good price (in addition to paying the $50pp fee of changing) i'd change it....

Just curious....did you not talk to him about the cruise, include the dates and ports, BEFORE you booked the cruise?? If you did and he said he was cool with it and now AFTER you booked it he has a problem -- well if that's the case I'd be ticked. But if you booked it without telling him well then I can see why he'd be upset.

My DH LOVES, and I mean LOVES football. When we booked our cruise last October I had to pull the college football schedule up (UT Longhorns) and we had to plan our cruise around the schedule. We sat down together and reviewed all of this. We had to come to an agreement BEFORE we booked. Our cruise was for our wedding anniversary. And yes, when picking a wedding date we had to do the same thing as when we picked a cruise date....pretty pathetic that I had to compete with a football team for my wedding date but whatever, I love him.

J

Not sure where your DH goes for hunting but if he goes for overnight trips I would agree to go on the cruise without him. I understand it is his birthday also, but if he can go hunting for the week and enjoy himself I would go on the cruise with my children and enjoy our week. Why stay at home to be by yourself while he hunts when you can be enjoying a cruise? My dad was a hunter and I know he would have no problem if my mother and I had went on a cruise to enjoy ourselves if he was hunting and having a good time himself..just something you could talk to him about. I understand you want him with the family but this is part of a hunter's wife life :D

Just curious....did you not talk to him about the cruise, include the dates and ports, BEFORE you booked the cruise?? If you did and he said he was cool with it and now AFTER you booked it he has a problem -- well if that's the case I'd be ticked. But if you booked it without telling him well then I can see why he'd be upset.

I did talk to him about it.... told him it was january..... asked him if he preferred a balcony or an inside.... he asked me the price difference and told me to get the balcony that it was worth it....

But now he realizes it's JANUARY -- he doesn't pay attention so much since his stress has his mind preoccupied. And he's not so much upset .... he just keeps telling me that we may have to cancel. I'm on here reading and getting info about the ship, cabins, deck plans, restaurants, port excursions, NINE ships docked at cozumel, etc, getting super excited and he continues to tell me - don't get so excited cause we may have to cancel. I ask, why would we have to cancel? he says, what if it snows or something? the deer could be in rut.... you never know - anything could happen....

So, I'm not really "ticked" per-say.... but aggravated.

and yes.... I am a Hunter's Widow..... :(

I booked a january cruise for dh, myself, our toddler and our grown dd and her bf are also going...

dh and I have only been on one cruise before and it was ok but I'm REALLY excited about this one cause the "kids" are going and we'll have "company"... (it's always more fun when you have someone to "hang" with, right? -- we're not the kind of people to just walk up and start talking to strangers)

So here's my dilemma..... dh is not too thrilled about going because it's HUNTING SEASON... :rolleyes: he says we may have to cancel if it snows (he loves the snow and it never snows here) or if the deer are in rut :eek:

What can I possibly do to talk him into going and get him excited about this?? We are going to Mobay (been there and love jamaica) the Caymans (never been there) and Cozumel (hate it there and will probably stay on the ship).....

I am open to any and all suggestions and am willing to go to extremes including deceit...;) the cruise is scheduled to leave 3 days after his bday and i want him to have a good time.....

thanks for your help ---- please don't slander me for the deceit part, i'm not a bad person, i just really want him to relax and get away from here for a week -- he has a heart condition and is stressed from his job way too much...

oh - and in case you ask we booked ES so my deposit is non-refundable but i did get insurance with cancel for any reason that would pay 90% of the total price of the cruise. but i don't want to cancel.... advice please!! :confused:

Deceit, huh? No judgement, that's between you and yours.....maybe tell him there's hunting on cruises now? And when it turns out to be a progressive treasure hunt, just tell him it's a technicality? :D

does he know you have cancel for any reason insurance?

just curious...LOL

I'll tell you what....if he decides he doesn't want to go, I'll come down and introduce myself ahead of time and then we'll be friends and I can go with you instead. January is my birthday month too. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what I'd do. I think I'd tell him he needs to commit now and say yes or no and not wait on the possibility of snow, b/c you will be researching and depositing $ for excursions and such, and cancelling b/c it might snow....well that would obviously be last minute. I don't know what either of you do, but I'd assume you would have already requested off work and so on....that would be crazy to shuffle last minute. :) I do appreciate the effort of planning for the sports and hunting widows. In planning this upcoming cruise, we had similar obstacles.

Archived