Baltimore Parking

Slacktide

Hello all, newbie poster/cruiser here. I'm taking my first cruise ever departing out of Baltimore. I was wondering about parking at the terminal and the cost. Just want to know what to expect, or if I might be better off being dropped and picked up by family.

From the Port of Baltimore website (http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/):

Parking & Rates

Rates

We make it easy for you: no advanced reservations are required to park in our secured, long-term lots which are located within walking distance of the Cruise Maryland Terminal. Parking rates are payable upon arrival by credit card, cash, or traveler’s checks. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.

Special needs accessible parking is available on site.

• Passenger Vehicles and SUV's $15.00 per cruise night
  • Recreational Vehicles under 30' $30.00 per cruise night
  • Recreational Vehicles over 30'
    & Busses $40.00 per cruise night

parking in baltimore is very safe and very easy. it costs $105 or $115 for the week. sorry i can't remember which one. when you pull in the first person asks you if you have your luggage tags on your bags. if not. they have them there for you.

the next person gives you a paper to put on your dashboard and then tells you to pull around to drop off luggage with the porters. they even lifted it right out of our car for us as it was raining and we didn't even have to get out of the car.

next you pull up to the spot where you pay--cash or credit-- and then you just pick any spot you want and park. the lot is totally fenced in and seemed very secure.

have a great cruise!

Check local hotels. Hampton bwi charges 5.00 per day. 15 bucks a day is insane!

If you think $15 a day is insane, you don't want to park at the NYC cruise terminal - $30 a day!:eek: It makes the Port of Baltimore's parking rates look downright cheap!:rolleyes:

As perspective, most cruise ports are now charging $15.00 per day for parking. Many airports charge $15.00 per day for parking. This seems to be the threshold of serious resistance, which establishes the point of diminishing returns.

Doc

The nice thing about leaving your car at the port is convenience as well. When you get off the ship you can go directly to your car rather than wait for a shuttle.

The two times we have sailed the Pride, I have been amazed by the number of people waiting outside the cruise terminal for shuttle buses to take them back to wherever. . . I love to be able to jump in our own vehicle and get on the road.

I don't park there (take shuttle from the Hotel's pre cruise night), but I must say I am impressed about how smooth the luggage area is.

As soon as our van pulled up, the driver unloaded the luggage and put them on a covered cart himself. Of course, I had already tipped him when I got on the shuttle.

One less tip I had to pay out.

What it neat, is you can see the ship really close from the parking lot. When I cruised in March, one of the passengers walked over to the dock side on the ship and remote started his car, so it would be nice and warm when he got there.

Melanie

Archived