Cabin 4189 or 4182 Nieuw Amsterdam

kl630

My husband and I are considering an aft cabin and only see VA4189 and VA4182 available. Does anyone have information about these cabins - good or bad?

This is VA 4185 on Eurodam (sister ship to Nieuw Amsterdam) and will be almost exactly the same as the 2 you are asking about. The differences will be, this is slightly (maybe 1 foot) wider than VA 4182 or 4189, the furnishings will be different (2 years newer). You can click on each photo to see them full sized. These were from January 2011 courtesy of CC memberGJ Red

VA 4185 Deluxe Verandah Outside Stateroom Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck

[

sm-VA-4185_GJ_Red-1.jpg--sm-VA-4185_GJ_Red-2.jpg

[

sm-VA-4185_GJ_Red-3.jpg--sm-VA-4185_GJ_Red-4.jpg

[

Our first cruise on HAL so no firsthand comparison but from looking at pictures this cabin is definitely longer than the regular balcony. My guess would be at least 1.5 to 2 feet extra space on either side of the bed which was great to have!! (This is an Aft Stateroom) Photos January 2011

[

Cruise Critic Member: GJ Red

Joanie

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the pics, but the balcony size is a disappointment. We recently sailed on the Westerdam and the stern balconies were large enough for 2 loungers and 2 chairs. Any thoughts?

We had 7138 last year on NA and the previous year 4179 on Noordam. I was also unaware upon boarding NA that the verandah would be so much shorter. It was still a very nice cabin, maybe even a little longer than the side VAs and the view was the best.

Thanks for the pics, but the balcony size is a disappointment. We recently sailed on the Westerdam and the stern balconies were large enough for 2 loungers and 2 chairs. Any thoughts?

The aft verandahs are shorter from the stateroom verandah door to the railing on the Signature Class ships (Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam) than the Vista Class ships (Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam) and it is, in my opinion a big difference:(

I love the much larger aft verandahs on the Vista ships and if I have the preference of class ships doing the same itinerary I will always choose a Vista over a Signature class, just for the aft verandah size.

I hate feeling cramped on my verandah as that is why I book a specific cabin.

Joanie

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...