Tenerife - HOHO... Please help me figure out what the stops are

Wayfairers

I am looking at the HOHO in Tenerife and I know there are 13 stops. I'm having trouble determining what there is to see at each stop. I've been using google and have searched these boards and I'm getting frustrated. :(:confused:

Here is what I have....

1. Plaza de Espana - square with a monument to the fallen ones

2. Our Lady of Africa city market - flea market, farmers market, commercial shops

3. Puerto Crucero - the cruise port with an auditorium designed by a famous Spanish architect

4. Cuartel Almeida - Military Museum with the cannon used when Nelson attacked Santa Cruz in 1797 and a flag collection

5. Atyo e Santa Cruz - can't find anything on this

6. Garcia Sanabria Park - Botanical garden/outdoor art gallery with a sculpture in the middle

7. Ramblas de Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Avenue - can't find anything on this

8. Plaza Pedro Schwartz - can't find anything on this, but can find lots on the man

9. Auditorio y Centro Ferias y Congresos - can't find anything on this

10. El Corte Ingles - chain, largest supermarket in Europe (like Walmart??)

11. Estacion de Guaguas - Bus Station (to where??)

12 Playa de las Terestias - beach with golden sand that is almost a mile long

13. Mirador de Ifara - an assisted living facility or nursing home (really??!!)

I think there is something missing in the translation from Spanish to English... surely there isn't an assisted living facility/nursing home on the HOHO?! Lots of jokes there, no doubt :D:D:D Help!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It does look like they have updated the HOHO bus website. They have also raised the price from 9.99 Euros to 15.99 Euros. But it does look like a nice way to see the city.

Apparently we will need to take a shuttle bus to the port gates and perhaps the bus will then have a stop nearby. We should get info from our port person on the ship to help with that.

Looks like a neat place.

I really wouldn't compare El Corte Ingles with Wal-Mart. It is a VERY nice complete department store with several floors, wonderful men's and ladies departments, but lots of things are quite pricey. They usually have a full supermarket in the basement.

El Corte Ingles is very nice. On the top floor they have a restaurant and a cafeteria. We had a nice meal at the cafeteria with an outstanding view of the city. The entire floor has huge windows. There are two corte ingles the one we went was the flagship store (the tallest).

Archived