Triumph- 9/5

scperk

Is the Triumph gonna make it back to New Orleans for our cruise...I can't find anything on Carnival web-site for news..I do know she left Cozumel and is headed north.....Dennis

You have to look under FAQ on Carnival's website. Wait for the page to fully load and you will see MOST POPULAR tab. The info "when updated" is under Tropical Storm Lee - Update.

The only info right now is for the Conquest.

The Port of Mobile is currently closed due to severe weather per the news this morning. I have not heard anything further about NOLA.

The Triumph at 7am this morning is currently doing 23.1 knots in seas of 5 feet. The wind is blowing at 32knots. (http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=C6FN5)

Dave

Here is an update From John Heald CD for Due to adverse weather and sea conditions resulting from Tropical Storm Lee, Carnival Conquest 9/4 arrival to Galveston is presently anticipated to be delayed to docking approximately 10:30 a.m. I dont have a confirmation of embarkation time as yet but will let you know as soon as I can. For Conquest

Hi i am also on this cruise because of Tropical Storm Lee the Triumph is sitting somewhere waiting to come in the port of new orleans is closed that is what Carnival said come on storm go away.

So far the Triumph is on her regular scheduled return. The only passenger ship waiting currently is the NCL Spirit which was suppose to dock this morning. It instead will dock tomorrow at 5pm.

The Associated Branch Pilots, which guide deep draft ships from the Gulf of Mexico through the mouth of the Mississippi, suspended operations Friday. They boarded a last inbound vessel at noon and the last outbound vessel at 5 p.m. When weather conditions allow pilots to board ships again, deep draft ship movements on the Mississippi River will resume. (per Times Picayune newspaper)

Dave

Hi Dave

Carnival just updated the website and said the Triumph could be delayed tomorrow.

when do they let you know how long of a delay?

Thanks

Ruth

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH - 9/5/11

The Carnival Triumph may be delayed arriving in New Orleans from its previous cruise on Monday, 9/5/11. Please advise guests to check back on carnival.com for updates. Also, encourage guests to sign up for updates by texting CCL3 to 36500.

Hi Ruth,

Right now it will depend on when the Associated Branch Pilots feel it is safe to board the ship to guide her through the South Pass.

I guess all we can do now is wait and see.

Dave

Tropical Storm Lee - Update 9/4 11:00AM

We are closely monitoring the forecasted track of Tropical Storm Lee in the Gulf of Mexico and it is now clear that the track of the storm may affect the arrivals into Galveston, Mobile and New Orleans. As always, the safety of our guests is our number one concern and our ships will maintain a safe distance from the storm at all times.

CARNIVAL CONQUEST - 9/4/11

The arrival of the Carnival Conquest in Galveston will be delayed until 10:30AM. We ask guests not to proceed to the cruise terminal before 2:00PM. Check-in will take place between 2:00PM - 4:00PM and sailing is set for 6:00PM. This delay is not expected to impact our scheduled itinerary. We're sorry Mother Nature is not cooperating with us. We look forward to welcoming guests aboard the Carnival Conquest!

CARNIVAL ELATION - 9/5/11

The Carnival Elation may be delayed arriving in Mobile from its previous cruise on Monday, 9/5/11.

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH - 9/5/11

The Carnival Triumph may be delayed arriving in New Orleans from its previous cruise on Monday, 9/5/11.

All other sailings departing on or after Sunday, September 4, 2011 will continue to operate as scheduled. In the event we need to make a deviation to the itinerary, we will update our guests.

Archived