Nassau in Early December

nannykuc

We are going on a cruise from NYC to Nassau in early December - we would like to book the Atlantis excursion, but what's the weather like there in December? and the water temperature??? Is it warm enough??

Thanks.

The air temp should be OK if there is no cold front but the water on the slides at the Atlantis is usually fine. We did this in February before and only started to get chilly around 4ish when the sun was no longer above us...

I have this same question and I guess it just depends who you ask. Some say they swim in the winter some say no. I think I'm just gonna wait til it gets closer to sailing time to pick my excursions so I can see what kind of winter we are having.

We were there last December-first week in December, and it was quite chilly, we had booked an excursion to Blue Lagoon. I had to force myself to get in the water. A cold front had followed us south. We had been there two years before in October, and again, a cold front had followed us down-note we are going again this November, but we are not paying in advance for any excursion, we will wing it when we get there. It was just too much to book an excurison and not go in the water. If it's warm we willl go to the Sheritan, if not then we will see the museum and town. I hope you have wonderful weather.

I have this same question and I guess it just depends who you ask. Some say they swim in the winter some say no. I think I'm just gonna wait til it gets closer to sailing time to pick my excursions so I can see what kind of winter we are having.

Ocean temps are going to be colder than the pool and waterslide temps...they ocean takes much longer to heat up...I didn't go in the ocean this time of year but I thought the temperature of the water in the waterslides was fine...not warm, but not freezing, only took a few minutes to get used to it...

I guess it does depend on the weather and cold fronts.

My cruise 2 years ago was the week after Thanksgiving and I couldnt have asked for better temps (air & water).

The ocean was perfect for all of us. We are from North Carolina if that helps any.

we were there the first week of December too last year and the water was a bit chilly had to get use to it...but the day was warm, but not to warm-at times there were some cool breezes in the shade-we spent a LOVELY day at the Sheraton.

we were there in January 2010-needed a hoodie to start the day and they had just warmed up from having record cold temps so it just depends on those Cold fronts and the water was really cold.

Archived