Can I Still Upgrade after final payment?

donnar

Please help. The room we really wanted was too expensive when we booked our trip. We have paid the final payment. I just looked on NCL's site and the room we really wanted is now $150 cheaper than the one we have. Can I ask my TA to book one of those rooms. I am sailing on the Gem on Oct. 23. I have not done my edocs yet. I am hoping I could do this and then surprise my hubby.

Thanks for any responses.:cool:

I'm not sure about NCL but I am fairly certain that if you're upgrading to a different room with a reduced rate your TA would be willing to work that out. That's how it's been explained to me w/ my current booking-- that after my final payment, if the price drops I can't get money back, but can certainly move up into a different price category :) I hope that's accurate for you too!

Please help. The room we really wanted was too expensive when we booked our trip. We have paid the final payment. I just looked on NCL's site and the room we really wanted is now $150 cheaper than the one we have. Can I ask my TA to book one of those rooms. I am sailing on the Gem on Oct. 23. I have not done my edocs yet. I am hoping I could do this and then surprise my hubby.

Thanks for any responses.:cool:

Call your TA. We have done it twice since final payment. :)

Thanks for the fast replys. I am getting a little excited. I really want the room ---family villa suite. We had it last year and it was AWESOME. It would be a nice surprise for hubby. I can't wait to call my TA on Tues--I don't want to bother her on Labor Day weekend. I hope this can be done!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the fast replys. I am getting a little excited. I really want the room ---family villa suite. We had it last year and it was AWESOME. It would be a nice surprise for hubby. I can't wait to call my TA on Tues--I don't want to bother her on Labor Day weekend. I hope this can be done!!!:rolleyes:

Bother her...before its gone! ;)

They might say no...that you have to cancel your current reservation, lose the money, and then rebook. They might say no if they figure they can upsell the cabin to someone else. They might say yes if they figure they can upsell your current cabin by moving you up. It all depends!

Good luck and I hope it works out for you! I agree with the others...bother your travel agent!

coka

Of course you can do it. You are actually doing the work for them by upselling yourself and give giving the more money!! Do it asap.

Right answer. The only thing is that they may not allow you to get the same price that they are offering for new bookings.

In other words, it may cost you more than you think it will since you are already booked and past final payment date. It just depends on whether or not they think they can sell those cabins to new bookings, if they want to have your cabin category available, or if they just decide to go for any extra revenue they can get.

Well my TA called me today to tell me that I will be receiving my $250. It should be back on my credit card within 5-7 days. I then told her that the Villas were still available and they were about $120 cheaper than my room. Well she called NCL and we have upgraded to the Villa. Can't get the difference in price but that is ok. We are sooooo excited. Thank you NCL and my great TA.:D

Glad that worked- we called in a couple weeks ago for our cruise in October... and got updgraded to a mini suite which was cheaper than the balcony room that we booked back in January.. NCL was great- no questions asked and they upgraded us..

How did you find out that the rate was cheaper for the upgraded room? Through NCL? We have an inside cabin on the Gem booked for 6 November. Obviously I'm not adverse to moving to an outside type cabin if the price was the same or close to what I am paying now. I'm totally satisfied with what I have, but who can resist a deal if you can get one?

How did you find out that the rate was cheaper for the upgraded room? Through NCL? We have an inside cabin on the Gem booked for 6 November. Obviously I'm not adverse to moving to an outside type cabin if the price was the same or close to what I am paying now. I'm totally satisfied with what I have, but who can resist a deal if you can get one?

Just go to the NCL site and go along as if you were going to book. You can see all the prices of the cabins. :)

• 2 years later...

Thanks to all you cruisers for the help. It is also helping us decide whether to up on 3 cabins from balcony to mini suite. We work with Costco so don't know if it will be as transparent as working with ncl itself. Let you guys know soon. We are on 11-10 sailing to Florida et al.

Archived