Liberty Eastern Caribbean in May?

Mommabear5

My hubby & I have only been on one cruise. We always said that when the kiddies were older we would love to take them on one.

I am thinking about taking them on the liberty in May.

My question is this, we would be doing 2 inside cabins, 3 in one and 6 in the other. We do not plan on spending too much time in the cabins and plan to to take shifts getting ready so we are not all on top of each other.

Anyway, I am a little concerned that even in the best laid ahead plans we might still be too tight but not sure, what do you all think?

Also, I was very seasick on our last cruise and I know part of this was beause of rough seas & other part being that thip was smaller.

Is the Liberty a larger ships?

Now my last concern is that my children are young adults, not old enough to drink or "party" but too old for any teen clubs or things of that nature, other the my 14 year old. I am concerned about them being bored or complaining that there is really nothing for them to do. I realize there is a ton of things to do on the ship but I noticed many things to be according to age.

Any pictures of the ship you have would be great also. Thanks all.

my hubby & i have only been on one cruise. We always said that when the kiddies were older we would love to take them on one.

I am thinking about taking them on the liberty in may.

My question is this, we would be doing 2 inside cabins, 3 in one and 4 in the other. We do not plan on spending too much time in the cabins and plan to to take shifts getting ready so we are not all on top of each other.

Anyway, i am a little concerned that even in the best laid ahead plans we might still be too tight but not sure, what do you all think?

Also, i was very seasick on our last cruise and i know part of this was beause of rough seas & other part being that thip was smaller.

Is the liberty a larger ships?

Now my last concern is that my children are young adults, not old enough to drink or "party" but too old for any teen clubs or things of that nature, other the my 14 year old. I am concerned about them being bored or complaining that there is really nothing for them to do. I realize there is a ton of things to do on the ship but i noticed many things to be according to age.

Any pictures of the ship you have would be great also. Thanks all.

sorry i meant 3 in one cabin and 4 in the other,, my bad lol

It will be the tightest when you are trying to get ready for dinner.

Send the husband to the spa/gym shower. Trust me, he'll thank you for you it. Designate one bathroom for the girls and the other for the boys. Start getting ready at least 2 hours before dinner.

But you are right, you will never be in the room in the sleep other than to shower and sleep.

Not sure about the room situation as the most people I've ever had in a cruise ship room was 3 and that was rough, to be honest...

I went on a cruise with my family when I was 22 and my sisters were 17 and 20 and they had a blast. I think there are some areas of the ship that may be 21+ but on our cruise you didn't have to be 21 to get into the karaoke place, at least. If your kids enjoy hanging out with each other they will make their own fun and have a great time, I'm sure :)

I'm doing the Eastern on the Liberty on May 12 next year and cannot WAIT. The itinerary really is an awesome one :)

Thanks for the insight about the cabins and perhaps I would be more ahead to get one balcony & one inside so we can spread out a bit more when trying to get ready? Oh and coffee & breakfast on the balcony would be so nice I think.:rolleyes:

Yes the itiniary is what drew me to the Liberty in the first place.

Normally I am more concerned about the ship and not so much with where its going but I have read so many wonderufl things about Carnivals private island that I just want to see it for myself.

Would you say the LIberty is a Mega Ship?

We were on the Inspiration and that was a smaller ship when we woke up one morning docked next to a RC ship we looked like a motor boat next to it.:p My husband actually thought we were pulled up next to a hotel until his eyes adjusted.lol

Cool phots anyone?

Have you looked into the cost of a family suite? It might actually work out cheaper than booking two cabins. I am not familiar with CCL suites and don't know the layout of them, but I would check into that option.

It will be more spacious so you can have room to spread out a bit.

Have you looked into the cost of a family suite? It might actually work out cheaper than booking two cabins. I am not familiar with CCL suites and don't know the layout of them, but I would check into that option.

It will be more spacious so you can have room to spread out a bit.

I don't think the family suite holds 7, 5 max I believe.

Bill

Archived