Question for Miss Martha

clarky

Miss Martha,

We have friends joining the Legend mid September for a 21 day cruise celebrating their 30th Wedding anniversary. This is their first Seabourn cruise and we thought it would be extra special if we could find out who the cruise director on board is going to be. (Hopefully David) and let him know we have friends on board and to give them a special welcome.

Do you have know the staff who will be on board. Still planning on joining you for a crossing and Robert says to say Howdy.

Karen Clark.

Hello Karen & Robert

I know David E. just left the Legend for his vacation ~I don't know who the CD is at present but I'll snoop a'round a little and find out for you. Will let you know. As to the Captain, Pedder is aboard now but not sure for how long. I believe Captain Erik L. Anderssen has retired sooo the Legend will enjoy a new Master. (??)

Hope all is well with you and yours:p

MB

Thank you for that Miss Martha. We were hoping David E would be on board as we have sailed with him many times and felt we could ask him to give a special welcome to our friends. I'm sure they are going to have a great cruise.

Ed

The Captain may be Sean Walley ~ I'll try to find out before your sailing date. I do hope "Lulu" (Laurent) Hotel MG is aboard as I know he would plan something extra special for your big 50th anniversary. What a fantastic way to celebrate! Congratulations~:D

Martita B.

We will be on the quest with you Nov 8th even staying at the same hotel in Malaga. You have any idea of whom they are bring on board for lectures? You call there office and they don't have clue what I am talking about. Someone said they would get back to me, that was three weeks ago. These people are booked way in advance. We did the crossing last year on the Odyssey. No great shakes who they brought on. More fun with the lyres club. We have only cruises 250 + days have you seen any changes on the ship or home office. If so tell us all. I have seen a big change. One of the things was that the new ships were suppose to be handy cap friendly. Cabins yes the rest of the ship NO. Tell me they have up graded I would love to hear that. See you in Malaga with all there problems we will have a great cruise.

Have you contacted Kristin (Club Desk) and inquired as to the guest lectuers on the Quest TA? I was in Seattle in Aug. ~went by the Holland America Building and met Kristin ~she is a lovely, knowledgable girl, but I was disappointed as there is no 'appointed' Seabourn offices or lobby to meet with our Seabourn VIP's ~ I did "run into" Chris P. and Chef Bjoern as they came off the elevator. Chatted a few minutes.

I strongly feel our Seabourn onboard experiences will not change that much ~~ and YES, we are going to have a grand voyage! With Capt. Magnus at the helm and Guenter heading up the hotel dept. ~ wonderful, fun passengers, I'm excited !:D

Hope to see you in Malaga at the hotel ~

MB

Ed

Unfortunatly "Lulu" is Hotel Manager aboard the Pride ~ He's always been a favorite of mine ~I remember when he was a dining room waiter!

But, Guenter will be with us on the Quest. He's outstanding and considered Seabourn's TOP Hotel MG.

Ohh, and Bozi will be with us ~~Maitre'D:D He's TOP as well!

We'll be spoiled rotten by the time we dock in Ft Lauderdale ~

MB

Martha,

It is not often that I am able to scoop you on a staffing issue -- not likely to happen again because you are usually the one with all of the inside knowledge that you kindly share with us on CC. BTW, Erk Saabye was our Captain on our recent Norwegian Fjords trip. He is young, charming, swedish and a very good captain. When we ran into our one bad weather day from Copenhagen to Bergen he was able to convinve the pilot to stay on board overnight to guide us inland through the fjords( rather than back out to sea) to our next port. When I asked him if it had been difficult to get Seabourn approval he replied "I don't know -- I didn't ask them."

Yes, he is a very decisive person -- good quality for a cruise ship captain. He also has a wonderful sense of humor. We were dining with him one evening and someone asked him if Kai was driving the ship -- he looked at a table on the other side of the room and said, "No, he is dining here with other guests." So when he was then asked well who was drving the ship he replied, " A well trained monkey."

And sometimes 'Roland' the white rat drives.....same 'ole rat I took Captain TT many years ago!:eek: Kai enjoys wearing Roland on his shoulder when the inspectors come to the Bridge ~ Officers like to have fun too ~

Captain Saabye sounds like a few of our former beloved Masters!

I look forward to meeting him.

MB

Archived