oriana x 119

TALYBRYN

Hello, yes we are going on this cruise. I have started roll calls twice for this cruise and twice they disappeared so I have given up on it. We were booked for Nov 30th but then it changed to 9th December. I think it is probably better to continue the roll call here as it is crazy over on P&O roll calls.

We are travelling to Southampton the night before and staying at the Ibis. We have stayed there before and found it to be ok and very convenient. Have a look on trip adviser for reviews if you are interested. When we went on our last cruise we stayed there along with several others on our roll call.

Have not travelled P&O before, only Princess. Thought this would be a good way of seeing what it is like.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne. Thanks for reply,its nice to know someone else has booked this cruise.I was starting to get worried this trip was going to get cancelled due to refurb.With me (Alan ) will be my wife Jenny,sister in law Sheila and brother in law Dave.We have sailed many times with P+O but never a short weekender.

We are a little anxious regarding the short weekender, hope there are not loads of stag and hen parties on board.

Have you only been on P&O cruises? I certainly don't envy anyone sailing today. The wind is ferocious, up to 54 mph now and getting worse by the minute, also lashing down with rain. Got to go to a funeral this afternoon, and the cemetary is right across to the other side of Brighton, up a hill where there are loads of trees. Hope it will be ok.

I am travelling with my husband Alan, yes another one.

Hope the refurb is finished before we sail.

Suzanne

Did you see the post regarding the cancelling of our cruise yet again. If it is true I am furious as it has already been changed once. Be interesting to see if they will pay for the non refundable hotel reservation we have made. Having looked on P&O in the cruise personaliser, it is still showing Oriana. If it is true and we are being moved to the Arcadia then it goes on the 12th with Derren Brown on board, unless they do an extra sailing on the 9th. Because we booked with Thomas Cook P&O send the changes to their head office who then send it to our local branch which means a delay of a week or so as they seem unable to use modern technology. I have just remembered they close on a Wednesday, yes, unbelievable isn't it. I will phone P&O direct. Our next cruise is booked with an independent TA.

Suzanne

Alan, we have re-booked for the Arcadia 9th December. Fortunately the TA was open today, they used to close Wednesdays. Went in first thing this morning and she knew nothing about it. When she phoned they have given us an upgrade but to A deck DC grade which we would not usually accept because of the possible noise from above. We were DB on Oriana. They could not offer us anything on our original deck choice B. What have they offered you?

Archived