Travel Insurance????

JdoggCruiser

Help! We have never purchased insurance. I am reviewing websites and different policies. I am confused now. I guess my question would be, which one? I want to make sure we are covered incase of flight cancelations or delays. THere are sooooooooo many options. Any suggestions on what coverage I might need.

Jerome

go to Insuremytrip

It has a function where you can compare the different policies side by side. It will specifically tell you if the things you're interested in are covered and at what level.

Personally, we have purchased different policies, but the most comprehensive one we found was Travel Guard Gold (which we purchased through the above mentioned website).

When we purchased Travel Guard Gold, we did so because the policy specifically covered cancel for work reasons. At the time, I had a feeling that my company would be promoting me and sending me to training during my scheduled cruise (which they did!), so having this policy allowed us to get a full refund.

We are purchasing Medex Choice Outbound for our next cruise, which is not as comprehensive but, it's one of the few policies that covers complications due to pregnancy (since my wife is pregnant).

Have some patience and READ THE FINE PRINT. Make sure that what you want is indeed covered.

Archived