Suggestions needed for beach for seniors

weston gal

We are 2 seniors looking to spend 2 or 3 hours at the beach in Cozumel. All we need are beach chairs, umbrellas and bathroom facilities. We do not snorkel and do not plan to eat at the beach. I have been reading all the beach posts, but I'm still unsure. San Francisco looked like it would be quiet. Is this a good choice? Suggestions please.

We are 2 seniors looking to spend 2 or 3 hours at the beach in Cozumel. All we need are beach chairs, umbrellas and bathroom facilities. We do not snorkel and do not plan to eat at the beach. I have been reading all the beach posts, but I'm still unsure. San Francisco looked like it would be quiet. Is this a good choice? Suggestions please.

Playa San Francisco sits between Carlos n Charlies and Paradise Beach. For 2 Seniors wanting a quiet beach, SF may fit the bill if there are no cruise excursions going there. So that'll probably depend on how many ships are in when you are there. More than 2 you'll probably see excursion traffic. PB will be hopping and might not work for you. You migth want to consider La Palapita which is about a 15 minute walk north of from TMI pier or Puerta Maya. It tends to be quieter. if south is where you want to go Alberts or Playa Palancar are a bit more expense of a cab ride than San Francisco ($20/cab vs $13) but being further south they are less crowded.

Playa San Francisco sits between Carlos n Charlies and Paradise Beach. For 2 Seniors wanting a quiet beach, SF may fit the bill if there are no cruise excursions going there. So that'll probably depend on how many ships are in when you are there. More than 2 you'll probably see excursion traffic. PB will be hopping and might not work for you. You migth want to consider La Palapita which is about a 15 minute walk north of from TMI pier or Puerta Maya. It tends to be quieter. if south is where you want to go Alberts or Playa Palancar are a bit more expense of a cab ride than San Francisco ($20/cab vs $13) but being further south they are less crowded.

Thanks for the suggestions. I searched but couldn't find La Palapita. My husband walks with a cane, so I need a beach which is easy to get to. Most importantly, there must be beach lounge chairs because he cannot get up and down on the sand. Alberts looked busy and I'm not sure there are many beach chairs available.

Thanks for the suggestions. I searched but couldn't find La Palapita. My husband walks with a cane, so I need a beach which is easy to get to. Most importantly, there must be beach lounge chairs because he cannot get up and down on the sand. Alberts looked busy and I'm not sure there are many beach chairs available.

Try these two sites for info. Remember all beaches want to show people there so they pick photos wth people in them.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Archived