Best side of NCL Spirit - Starboard of Port Side w/Balcony-Deck 9???

PreciousCruiser

Sorry if there are posts on this topic already, but I did a search and could not find any specifically. Not my first cruise, but my first balcony..... :)

Cruising 3/4/12 on NCL Spirit from New Orleans to Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan & Cozumel (not sure if that's the exact order).

Which side of the ship would you suggest as best for this cruise - Will have a balcony on deck 9, midship.

Any thoughts are appreciated....

We've done it a few time and coming up again in 90+ days. Port will give you New Orleans on the way out, getting dark. Starboard will give it to you returning, very early morning. Either one is pretty short, within about 20 minutes, that's it.

Other than that, the ports change from trip to trip and you never know which will be shore side when you dock. We have done both and have no preference. Flip a coin and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the reply. I figured going out of N.O. the port side would be facing N.O. and you confirmed that. As far as the others, I now agree with flipping a coin. I'll be starboard side, so we will see. I know one thing for sure.... - I can't wait and will enjoy my cruise no matter where or when I go, as long as I can gooooo.... :D

And you enjoy your cruise in December.

Happy Cruising............

It really does not matter what side you pick, as you will leave N.O in the dark and arrive when it is dark. Also, it hard to predict how the boat will be facing in Cozumel, Costa Maya or Roatan. In Belize you will anchor off shore so it won't matter.

Whatever side you pick you will still have plenty to see. For me I do an inside cabin to keep the costs down so don't get a view. Just use the cabin for shower and sleep. Will be on the Spirit in 41 days. Have been on her twice before and really enjoy the Asian decor and friendly crew.

Enjoy.

Thanks thescot123. This will be my first time to stay in a balcony stateroom. I agree that I won't be in my cabin much, but think I will enjoy some early morning, and late afternoon/evening time out on the balcony. If I don't try it I will never know.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise in October!:)

Archived