All Aboard for CC's 1st Ever "HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise"

Boards posted way back that he has a 2 week Statendam cruise planned for around this time but if that fell through, they'd be interested in this one. They're planning their 50th Anniversary. Hasn't posted since and that was way back, but I'll put him/her as a "maybe".

Most everyone else emailed me, but not boards. Still, you're right that they did say it was possible.

Your list is great! Didn't mean to say it wasn't. I just thought we were looking for birthdays during the cruise. I don't think we need to keep posting this list. We'll just update it from time to time and once people start really booking, we'll get that list ... which is the one that really counts!

Boards posted way back that he has a 2 week Statendam cruise planned for around this time but if that fell through, they'd be interested in this one. They're planning their 50th Anniversary. Hasn't posted since and that was way back, but I'll put him/her as a "maybe".

Most everyone else emailed me, but not boards. Still, you're right that they did say it was possible.

Your list is great! Didn't mean to say it wasn't. I just thought we were looking for birthdays during the cruise. I don't think we need to keep posting this list. We'll just update it from time to time and once people start really booking, we'll get that list ... which is the one that really counts!

Ok sounds good to me :) We still need Anniversarys during the cruise as well right ????

I finally told DH about this Cruise! :eek: I was going to wait until his birthday on the 23rd of June, because that is when I as going to present his 70th Birthday present, the North Pacific Infinity Cruise on Aug. 28th!

But on the 29th, I didn't want to just toast to this Cruise with my dogs, so I asked him if we would make us a Martini because I have a Special Toast to make! :)

Then I laid it all out to him and guess what! He took it really well! Whrew!

He said "You know I will do anything for you" I mean is that sweet or what? He will even dress up in something nautical, and when I told him about the Pre-cruise night, the sail-a-way party in the suite, and all of the other fun stuff, I think he is really starting to get into it. :)

Ok like I said, Dru will be 71 at the time of this Cruise, and I will be 64. We have lots of fun and enjoy life, and he plays Tennis almost every morning! We love music, love to dance. When we go out on the dance floor and dance to Swing Music, we are in our 30's! When we hobble back to the Cabin, we are in our 80's! :D

I will be retired by then and looking forward to not having to go to work! Yessssssssss! So looking forward to meeting everyone!

Tyman - Don't forget your promise that you, StanfordsGirl and I have a date with a Martini! :D

Rita

I know that this is my second post in a row, but I just hit refresh and I noticed that a Holland America ad is on the top for this forum. Do we think that our group cruise brought this about?

K&R...You absolutely kill me! I only hope HOL and Santa forgive me for all my inappropriate comments and thoughts! :D

stanford's girl....will you ever find it in your big, beautiful heart to forgive a lowly little man like me?

Rita....I've already told DW that I have a private Martini party with you & stanford's girl! So far it's the highlight of the cruise for me!! ;) (of course spouses are welcome, I don't trust me either...ha)

1338396308_cocktailparty2.jpg.ccdb5e9f5ad57d9e8fea9e9786c21e89.jpg

Hello all:

I'm starting to get withdrawl symptoms in the evenings as my daughter is hogging our computer doing homework! I'm going to go buy a wireless router for the house so she can do her research on her laptop instead of tying up "my" computer.

Since were also tracking anniversaries ours is on 10/28...Yes, exactly 1 week before Gina's B'day. She says she planned it that way so she gets flowers two weeks in a row at least once a year!

K&R, I remember you telling us about the Birthday and the Anniversary so this cruise fell at such a good time.

Rita, I'm so glad your "announcement" went so well! I was surprised that DH was up for it, but he said something very similar.

Lisa, are you out there? Have you noticed how everyone is posting their ages for you? I'm really impressed, but I think you should feel a lot better to find out for sure that there are lot of people "around" your age with some of us on the outer fringes. I see a definite focus in the 40 to 50 age range. Those were the absolute favorite years of my life which is why I decided to just stay there!!!

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! Just don't "fool" with me!;)

I'm here. Very busy at work late yesterday afternoon (interviewing for a promotion--I am 99% sure I will get it, the decision will be made early next week, which could make it a nice b-day present for me) and then I was taking my son to choir last night. I didn't check the boards until this morning.

Yes, I am glad to hear everyone's ages. Sounds like we have a nice mix, with plenty of people in the same "decade" as DH and I. This is a fun group--age is really irrelevant.

Ziggy: Our wedding anniversary is November 1st. In 2006, it will be 3 years. We were married during a HAL cruise--the Oosterdam, in Malta. It was wonderful!

If Ziggy is the Birthday Girl, does she get to wear her Birthday Suit?

susan.

HA ! Nice try but sadly everyone would jump overboard and I would be left all alone :(

Keeping our fingers crossed for you Lisa :)

WTG Rita!!!

The list so far :) I will work on Anniversarys next :)

Almost for Positive:

HeatherInFlorida (2) Jan 2nd BD

EKerr19 (2) April 1st BD

bepsf (2) July 24th BD

Sail7Seas (2)

Iggipolka (1 or 2) Nov 11th BD

K&R Curt (2) DW Nov 4th BD

Kryos (1) Jan 16th BD

Llham (2)

ExaltHim (2) Nov 21st BD

Mechcc (2) Nov 3rd BD & DH April 24th BD

Oceanwench (2) Feb 4th BD

Pudgesmom (2) Aug. 15th BD

Renorita (2) Oct 2nd BD

Tyman (2) Dec 1st BD

Ziggy (2) Dec 7th BD & DH Nov 23rd BD

Trubey (2) Oct 19th BD

Sinbad37 (2) Oct 30th BD

DFD1 (2) Jan 30th BD

RichCrow (2) March 15th BD

LisaBrooke1130 (2) April 4th BD

Robnlawn (2) Nov 27th BD

JBHCW

mgmgkdx

StanfordsGirl (2) Aug 13th BD

Maybe's

JohnR49er

Adamsmark Aug 1st BD

SHayesShip July 21st BD

CDR Mark Aug 3rd BD

Nanner

Patval

Boards Sept. 22nd BD

Ziggy,

Our wedding anniversary is on Oct. 1st.

Richard

This is getting so exciting! I can hardly wait to see the pricing - but when DH & I were talking about it, we decided to go for what we want - he loved meeting all the CC'ers on our Masdam cruise last year and we all had such a blast - I can't even imagine what this will be like!

Unfortunately, we will be leaving the kids behind - way too much school for them to miss, but hopefully we will have someone stay at the house with them and they won't even notice we will be gone!

Ok, forgive me if this is redundant - but we are having a Costume Party aren't we? I am still trying to post my review and catch up on the threads I missed last week and get over my cold so if I am repetitive, please don't be mad!

I am happy to see LauraS posting that she hasn't forgotten us! I must tell you all that I mentioned this cruise to the H/M while on the Volendam and he was disappointed we didn't choose the Volendam for the first ever CC HAL cruise - he said he would have taken especially good care of us! I told him that maybe it would be chosen next time. :) It was nice to know he was interested though.

Laura, Happy Birthday! Just last night I said I would forget it and I did14 .... soooo sorry!Renorita is our Costume MaDAM. Whether or not there's an actual "party", we don't know, but the theme for the night will be "Nautycal". You have to read these threads, Girl ... we can't be repeating all this stuff;) .

Our Anniversary is 4/13 and this year is our 20th. We're planning a fun few days. DH is taking off from the 8th to the 13th. Running over to Naples (FL) for the weekend and planning a great dinner in Delray Beach.

I sure hope LauraS gets to us as promised yesterday. I really want to get my cabin booked because there's only about 6 that I really want and then I have to go to second string. I'm booking the very second we get pricing!

Ok like I said, Dru will be 71 at the time of this Cruise, and I will be 64. We have lots of fun and enjoy life, and he plays Tennis almost every morning! We love music, love to dance. When we go out on the dance floor and dance to Swing Music, we are in our 30's! When we hobble back to the Cabin, we are in our 80's! :D

Tyman - Don't forget your promise that you, StanfordsGirl and I have a date with a Martini! :D

Rita

OK, after reading Rita's post, I almost feel obligated to tell everyone a little bit about myself and DW. For those who are not opposed, maybe they could also consider telling a "little bit about themselves".

Also like I previously reported, I am 65 and DW is 60, have two grown childeren and two grandchilderen. But like I believe it was Heather, we are really stuck in our forties. We love to meet people (particularly fellow cruisers), love to dance (DW is great, I am terrible) and enjoy everything about cruising. We live in Mobile, AL and feel very fortunate to have opened our own cruise terminal this year (even though we presently have only a Carnival ship). We are so looking forward to our first HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam this coming Oct. 1st.:)

Richard and Judie

Ok, forgive me if this is redundant - but we are having a Costume Party aren't we? I am still trying to post my review and catch up on the threads I missed last week and get over my cold so if I am repetitive, please don't be mad!

Mad?

Why would we be mad?

...and of course we're having a party on Halloween night! Tha'ts the night of our Grand Masquerade Ball!!!

Mad?

Why would we be mad?

...and of course we're having a party on Halloween night! Tha'ts the night of our Grand Masquerade Ball!!!

AH, PERFECT! That will be fantastic! I will have to come up with something special....

Richard and Judie, I enjoyed reading about you two! Thanks for posting! I think that Lane and Susan are going to try to get us all to do little bios about ourselves for the website they're setting up.

When I quickly read your post I thought you were saying that the 2 of you had personally opened the cruise terminal! I'm getting nuts here.

I think I've told just about all anyone wants to know about DH and me!

Laura, did you see my post above????;)

Brian, are you talking about a "private" party or a ship thing. I thought Laura meant was there a Westerdam Halloween Party ... and that I don't know. Private would probably be more fun anyway, but it depends how many we are. As I said before, I'm just wearing a pea coat and stilettos:D

Laura, Happy Birthday! Just last night I said I would forget it and I did14 .... soooo sorry!Renorita is our Costume MaDAM. Whether or not there's an actual "party", we don't know, but the theme for the night will be "Nautycal". You have to read these threads, Girl ... we can't be repeating all this stuff;) .

Our Anniversary is 4/13 and this year is our 20th. We're planning a fun few days. DH is taking off from the 8th to the 13th. Running over to Naples (FL) for the weekend and planning a great dinner in Delray Beach.

I sure hope LauraS gets to us as promised yesterday. I really want to get my cabin booked because there's only about 6 that I really want and then I have to go to second string. I'm booking the very second we get pricing!

Heather - Thank you! Sorry I missed your post earlier! I am still reading... I will catch up, promise!

I think that Lane and Susan are going to try to get us all to do little bios about ourselves for the website they're setting up.

We thought it would be fun to include bios and photos of our cruisers. For the bios, you really can include anything you want—it's up to you. Also, anyone wanting to write up port or ship information, we will accept that, too.

We're waiting until the pricing info comes through and we are really become an official group before we publish the site, but all submissions are welcome whenever anyone is ready.

Susan.

Archived