Royal Caribbean-Policy on new offers

rlc82

Does anyone have any experience with Royal Caribbeans policy on new deals or higher discounts being offered for those with existing bookings??

We normally book P&O and were caught out with pricing this year seeing it drop to almost half the cost within weeks of booking.

Whilst we are fully aware of the need to sell off cabins on late offers this was by no means a late booking and was very disappointing to be told there was nothing that could be done.

We are now looking to confirm a booking on Royal Caribbean for mid 2012, I would be interested to hear if anyone has experienced a similar thing and what RCI's response is.

If you book prior to 75 days before your sail date you can take any price reduction up to your final payment date. Once you are past your final payment date they no longer offer refunds or obc. BUT, if a higher category falls to a lower price than your rate, you can upgrade for free. Unless that lower price is a Tuesday Sale or other "new bookings only" promotion. Then it has to be more than you are currently paying to use for an upgrade.

If you book prior to 75 days before your sail date you can take any price reduction up to your final payment date. Once you are past your final payment date they no longer offer refunds or obc. BUT, if a higher category falls to a lower price than your rate, you can upgrade for free. Unless that lower price is a Tuesday Sale or other "new bookings only" promotion. Then it has to be more than you are currently paying to use for an upgrade.

100% true....except....even with the "new bookings only" promotions, sometimes you can get lucky and get someone to honor it still. I just advised a co-worker who left yesterday on the monarch of this a few weeks ago when his cruise $$ dropped. He called and upgraded from an inside on deck 2 to a midship oceanview on deck 5 for FREE. He had to call 2 times, but on the 2nd time got someone to honor it. Happy Cruising!!

Thank you for your help..its useful to know that RCI will at least consider doing something.

I think advertising reduced fares past the balance due date is probably fair enough and pretty much expected..its just doing it months and months before that gets me!!

OP,

I just want to caution you that these are the rules in the US. I am guessing, that the Southampton you are from is in England, not NY. I would NOT take this as gospel if you are in the UK. Many of the rules are different.

My suggestion is to check with RCI UK. The reason I thought you were from the UK is that P&O is not a line that is "normally" booked by US passengers.

Archived