packing flippers

louva

Carry-on and a small pack each??? :eek:

I am sure this is only for one nighter and not for a cruise.

We've cruised with just a small pack and a carry-on each and not had a problem. You just have to pack efficiently. For our upcoming 45 day cruise we will probably travel with just that and a case of wine.

We drive to the cruise port so we don't pack efficiently to get around airline luggage charges.

We've cruised with just a small pack and a carry-on each and not had a problem. You just have to pack efficiently. For our upcoming 45 day cruise we will probably travel with just that and a case of wine.

We drive to the cruise port so we don't pack efficiently to get around airline luggage charges.

No way! 45 days with little baggage?

I would need 4 cases just for the adult beverages. :o:D

Seriously, I don't know why, but I usually pack 6 suitcases, filled to the brim.

And they are huge suckers... Max size airlines allow. :o

One is just for my snorkel gear.

Another for formal.

Then day wear and evening wear.

Not to mention the toiletries.

And this is for a 7 or 9 nighter.

No way! 45 days with little baggage?

I would need 4 cases just for the adult beverages.

Seriously, I don't know why, but I usually pack 6 suitcases, filled to the brim.

And they are huge suckers... Max size airlines allow.

One is just for my snorkel gear.

Another for formal.

Then day wear and evening wear.

Not to mention the toiletries.

And this is for a 7 or 9 nighter.

Oh yes all we need is a carry-on and small pack. And it is not just for an over-nighter either.

We just got back from 25 days in China and a 23 day cruise home all with the carry-on and small pack. Of course we do laundry at least once a week. You would be surprised at what you don't need.

• 3 weeks later...

buy a dive bag - you can then put all your gear in it and carry it on the plane. That's what we do - DH brings it as his carry on. That way we can also bring our lens defogger and cleaning cloths, etc. This is our first cruise but we travel to the caribbean a lot and have always done it this way with no issues, don't see why a cruise would be any different.

And I would never wear the cruiseline masks. I'll spare you all the details but the cleaning (or lack thereof) is quite disturbing!

I pack mine in the bottom of one our suitcases along with my mask (corrective lenses) and snorkel. I have the long fins and am seriously considering purchasing a pair of the shorter ones which I am sure are quite adequate.

I've got the shorter (racing) fins used to condition swimmers and in addition to taking up less room, they fit nicely into a backpack and are much easier to walk in and out of the surf in. As far was working in the water the difference is negligible.

Archived