Does Carnival ever do 'waiting list' or price reduction for cabins?

DaveNetMan

We are currently booked for an indoor cabin for 2 people on the Pride in November. We may or may not add another family member, but the problem is, because there are no inside cabins for 3 available, if we added a 3rd person, we'd have to bump up to an oceanview (which we otherwise wouldn't do). So it would cost us almost $1000 more to go from inside-for-2 to oceanview-for-3. I called Carnival to see if we could be notified if an inside for 3 ppl became available (cancellation, etc), and he basically said "there is no waiting list, you'd just have to check day by day". Here I was hoping to get some service by using a PVP, but no luck. Has anyone had any experience with a similar request?

Another option, I was wondering if it came down to the last minute, and they still had 3-ppl oceanviews unsold, if they would let us add a 3rd person at the inside-cabin price, although we'd have to stay in an oceanview. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

DaveNetMan

We are currently booked for an indoor cabin for 2 people on the Pride in November. We may or may not add another family member, but the problem is, because there are no inside cabins for 3 available, if we added a 3rd person, we'd have to bump up to an oceanview (which we otherwise wouldn't do). So it would cost us almost $1000 more to go from inside-for-2 to oceanview-for-3. I called Carnival to see if we could be notified if an inside for 3 ppl became available (cancellation, etc), and he basically said "there is no waiting list, you'd just have to check day by day". Here I was hoping to get some service by using a PVP, but no luck. Has anyone had any experience with a similar request?

Another option, I was wondering if it came down to the last minute, and they still had 3-ppl oceanviews unsold, if they would let us add a 3rd person at the inside-cabin price, although we'd have to stay in an oceanview. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

DaveNetMan

There is no official wait list that I'm familiar with but I have heard of PVPs doing this sort of thing for customers but it's not something they normally do.

If I were you I'd call Guest Relations at 800-438-6744 ext 70382, these are the folks you contact for upgrades. Let them know what you're considering and they may be able to offer you a bit more assistance...

Best of luck!

:)

I'm disabled & asked for an adapted cabin for the SPlendor. I was told I could be put On the wait list(traveling with Parents). We booked a regular cabin while we're waiting. So there is a wait list for some cabins.

Good to know!

:)

Archived