XPLOR-All Inclusive Adventure - CZL3

Cruise-Nut

XPlOR is a water theme park between Playa and Cancun. If this is a ship excursion, you'll probably spend a couple of hours there and more time getting to the park and back that at the park. I wouldn't attempt to go there (or Xcaret, it's neighbor) on my own unless I had over 10 hours in Cozumel. Lot's to see at the park.

I agree that you would need a lot of time there. We docked in Playa del Carmen from a cruise this year and passed it. It looked okay. It didn't look as nice as the pictures I have seen online but maybe it is a nice place.

I personally do not think it is worth a total (round trip, walking to and from the water taxi, then bus time) of at least 2 1/2 hours travel time from Cozumel.

We'll be in Cozumel on Xmas eve along with 5 other ships that day. I understand it's a long ride to/from the park from the port...about how long each way? With 5 other ships in port, will we be standing in lines all day? Since it's a ship tour, I was not worried about missing the boat; rather, I was concerned about spending too much of our port time traveling to/from or waiting in line.

Thanks for your help.

Most tourists who go to Xplor and Xcaret are land based in Playa or Cancun. Not from ships, so it's hard to say how long the lines will be. But to spend all day traveling for a couple of hours at some man made theme park is not my idea of a good time.

• 2 months later...

Rcl cancelled this due to not being able to fill their quota so I managed to do it on my own. Very easy and saved $100! Taxi downtown $7, round trip ferry to playa del Carmen $26, $99 all inclusive for the entire xplor park. It's a cool park with 2 zip line courses, a 30 min atv ride, a couple different underground swimming and rafting courses, and free drinks (smoothies too) & food. Everything but the zip lines were pretty basic but a fun experience if you've never done anything like that. It's an all day thing so you have to coordinate the ferry times accordingly. Its only about 15 min from the mainland port. Hope this helps someone out

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of doing this tour on my own as well. I have 12 hours in Cozumel. Once I take the ferry to Playa del Carmen, how would I get to the Xplor site? How long does it take? Cab fare? Or is there a bus?

Also when I leave Xplor to get back to the ferry terminal, are there readily available cabs? I heard they will charge more to get back since Xplor charges them a fee to use their location? And roughly how long does it take, and how much $.

Archived