Free weights for gym nuts on Norwegian or Princess cruises

jofy

Hi everybody.

First time poster here getting fired up for our first cruise in next year to the Baltic.

We both regularly work out with heavy free weights and would like to keep up our training on our upcoming cruise.

We're not sure if we are going to go on the Norwegian Sun or Emerald Princess, and will probably make our decision based on who has the better fitness center and free weights.

It would be nice to have basic goodies like a bench press and leg press, but my impression from reading these forums is that fitness equipment is variable amongst different ships.

Can anybody here give some advice on what to expect in free weights on either of these ships (or on other ships in general)?

Thanks in advance.

jofy

We were on the Emerald Princess in May-June and the gym is about the same as on other similar sized ships. They have the Precor Icarian® FTS Functional Training System machine, Smith Machine 802 and a number of cable-strength machines. Nothing really good for rowing. I had to rig something up for that. I found 4 45lbs plates that were usually scattered around the gym but there were plenty of 35's. The dumbbells go up to 75lbs I think.

Archived